Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If a woman admits to 10 lovers, she's probably had 30      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fsu1965
Msg: 1
If a woman admits to 10 lovers, she's probably had 30Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Where does this multiply by three idea come from? Sounds kind of inflated to me. I never heard this before I started reading this board. I have dated a lot of women over the years and most in fact the great majotity are very selective about who they sleep with. Women can pick and choose average men for sex at any time, but most don't. Where does this multipy by 3 rule come from, anyway?
 §püngl䧧
Msg: 2
If a woman admits to 10 lovers, she's probably had 30
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:58:41 PM
Probably along the same lines as...an internet male size is -3 inches over anything he claims...lmao. The 'net' is full of lore...tis up to you to sift through it and find your own truth in whom you're speaking with at any given time.

I DO agree though OP that women can have ample opportunity, and a lot will pass it up until they're with someone they WANT to be with....
 c_deacon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:08:38 PM
And what does it matter??????

Would we want women to judge us in either direction with the number of women we have had as lovers over the years? Does it not just mean that we are experienced in life, and hopefully lucky enough to make each other the last.....

What would bother me much more would be how many times you were married and the number was many.......then I would think we just have some red flags up there telling us to tread very carefully.

If you found a woman you liked and she had nine kids and wanted more, would that not make you stop for a second and think? If she was married three times and wanted a fourth, would that not make you stop for a second and think? So, I guess if a woman told me that she has had a 100 lovers in her life, I would stop for a second and think........how can she remember us all, and why would she even try?

My whole point here is to take the person as is now, be open and available to listen and learn from them, and allow yourself the opportunity to meet all half way, and give as you want to receive.

Just my opinion.....
 tiny_wonders
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:19:08 PM
so what the girl banged a million guys?
 SoloTOandO
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:39:03 PM
That sounds silly and who is to judge anyway?
 c_deacon
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:42:17 PM
She would make a lot of money from the book and movie rights........

And I think the point here is not being "banged" or "banging", but more about having "lovers" over the course of your life. What I am more concerned about would be our health, our connection, and the fact that we are exclusive from that point on..........or do you think we all should be "virgins" when married.....and if so......how do you become a born again virgin on your second, third and fourth marriage??????

Is there a given number that is acceptable for having as a lover and anything under that means you are inexperienced, and anything over means that you are loose? Think again, please.

Who am I to throw stones at others for the number of lovers they have had in their life, but rather feel very special that I am the one that they prefer to only have from now on....

Just my opinion.......
 carolann0308
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 4:29:21 PM
I'd say what business is it of yours? What happened before she knew you is none of you concern. When the past becomes the focus the future is unlikely.
 NYCmasterplumber
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/15/2007 4:46:09 PM
You know it is ironic how a guy is a lover when he had over 87 women in less then 3 years but if a woman had half that she is considered a slut.

I was fortunate to have joined the US Navy when I was 17 and the enlistment was called a kiddie cruiser as I was discharged a day before my 21st BD.

After boot camp in Great lakes , I was on a ship headed to the Mediterranean and we many ports Italy, Malta, Spain, Greece and a host of other amazing countries and I slept with over 87 women ( PRE AIDS ERA 1965 ) and never thankfully even caught a cold.

After my enlistment I became a plumbing apprentice at 21, and all I have to say is Manhattan wifes (wild 70's) put the med cruise to shame when it comes to meeting someone saying Hi and ending up in bed.

What men do not even consider is they go to work and leave the wife alone with rug rats and a tradesman's comes into the home and is seduced by a very neglected and bored wife.

Looking back I must say after 300+ encounters, I cant imagine how many a woman could handle if she was discrete as women can go a lot longer then most men .

I guess don't ask is the best approach when you meet someone you get serious about.

If she had one lover or 500 how would a guy know?
 nightlord
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/15/2007 4:46:15 PM
I gotta admit... I just don't care.
I think it's absolutely stupid... ok, more specifically, it's rather naive... to believe that every woman should find their "PERFECT" (IE: One and only) mate on the first try. Hell, I've been with quite a few women and still haven't found the one that "just clicked" yet.

And let's not forget the pride issue: If YOU slept with her and she went after someone else... perhaps you should be asking what's wrong with your game instead of bashing her for feeling the need to look elsewhere.

But hey... what the hell do I know?
 c_deacon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:57:53 PM
OMG......lmao...... 3.14........

Just what kind of "pie" are you referring to?????.......

OT.....Math and sex....all related I guess.....it is all about the "angles"......

The number of lovers is not the question, but rather, me being one of them and the best for her no matter the number.....

Just my opinion......
 scorpiomover
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 7:56:08 PM
Quotes from American Pie 2, courtesy of Imdb:
Jessica: If a guy tells you how many girls he's hooked up with, it's not even close to that. You take that number and divide it by three, then you get the real total. OK, so if Kevin is saying it's been three girls it's more like one or none.
Vicky: None?
Jessica: The rule of three. It's an exact science. Consistent as gravity.

And the reverse, from the same film:
Stifler: When a girl tells you how many guys she's slept with, multiply it by three and that's the real number. Didn't you ****ers learn anything in college?
The main problem comes from the fact that both men & women see it as an issue if women have had more lovers. Why? Because men don't get emotional about sex, so however many lovers they have had, they do not change their attitudes to sex & dating.

But women DO get emotional about sex. So the more lovers they have had, the more breakups, and disappointments, so the more they COULD change their attitudes to sex & dating, to be more demanding, and more casual about sex & relationships.

I never thought there was a difference until I know some women before they had had a lot of men, and after. Their attitude to sex was refreshing before, and the exact opposite of refreshing afterwards.

Look at it from a male POV: Imagine a woman was dating a man, who had been engaged 30 times. Say they were getting along well, and she wants to get married, so he wants to get engaged. Can you see her taking the engagement seriously? Not on your nelly. She'd probably want to either stay as they are, or go straight to a chapel, and skip the engagement. In her mind, she'd see him getting engaged means about as much as getting a burger.

Now, show me a woman who said she has had 30 one-night-stands, where she told the guy upfront that this was a one-time deal, and she never went back on her word, or asked him if he loved her, or got upset afterwards, or EVER mixed her emotions with sex. I doubt that her attitude to sex and/or romance has changed one iota. I'm willing to bet that such a woman would have a queue of men lining up to marry her.

In fact, that that been my observation of a few women I knew, and of what a fellow POF'er wrote about her sister.

No double standard. Just that too many women get too emotional about sex to afford to follow their hearts, and not their heads.

Physical damage heals, but emotional damage stays for a lot, lot longer. Just look at the number of POF'ers who say they would not repeat the unconditional falling in love they did in high school, because it is too painful.

Well, that's my $0.02
 *buzz*
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2007 1:52:27 AM
My 2 penny (if that counts),

Violetskye is right saying that more than anything else *i n s e c u r i t y* is speaking up when one asks about the number of lovers. Since when quantity speaks higher volume than quality?

I think that the person who is asking needs to mature and realise that what makes a great lover has nothing to do with the number in past. Joint discoveries, pleasing and be pleased, be there for each other, and not taking things for granted makes bond stronger that does transpire in everlasting bind.
 fsu1965
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/16/2007 7:53:01 AM
My question was not how many partners a woman has had, but rather where this rule of thumb I've read about in this forum, came from. I didn't see American Pie, but the add three makes more sense that times 3. Math was always easy for me.
 marshw
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/3/2007 5:12:01 PM
I never heard of the multiply by three rule. What I do is divide her age by 3 as an absolute minimum...and I'm never surprised no matter how large the number. Most women in their 40s were sexually active in the 70s & 80s. Those were strange times and I've met many who have had hundreds of lovers. Think about it. Two new lovers per week for 3 or 4 years and you're hitting the big 2-0-0 before you know it.
 Robw993
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/3/2007 5:14:41 PM
This is always a bad topic of discussion between couples, better left for women to discuss with their girlfriends and guys to discuss with their buddies.

It's a lose lose situation if you ask me.

Rob
 carolann0308
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2007 5:58:41 PM
If its a man do you divide by three?
 Beholder
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2007 1:17:06 AM
You know it is ironic how a guy is a lover when he had over 87 women in less then 3 years but if a woman had half that she is considered a slut.

Actually if I'd heard that I'd probably just call the guy a manwhore... wait you were talking about yourself... um, no offense intended...

I have a dream that I will one day live in a nation where we will not be judged by the notches on our bedpost, but by the content of our character!

Yeah... I'm pretty sure that's how that went.
 Blonde_charm
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/4/2007 4:30:44 AM
IMO.... if you want to lie, the factor to which you divide is up to you. I personally think its a huge waste of time.

And there is a huge difference between lovers, and bangs.

I do think generally speaking women are more selective because regardless of what you look like, there is always some men willing to do anything. (SOME not all)
 captainbaud
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/4/2007 10:42:08 AM
My philosophy is the more experience she has, the more she can teach. I don't care how many lovers a partner has had, though I prefer that they've had a decent number. That's what medical testing is for. As long as a person is healthy, it doesn't bother me one bit.
 Fuzzymutt
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2007 1:58:31 PM
Okay..... so you multiply by three for women........ but you STILL need to divide by one hundred for most men! Therefor, I think the ladies still hold the moral high ground. Besides, all things considered, we are all being driven into a sort of frenzied, sexual competition by society as a whole. The key difference, I think, is we men seem more intimidated sexually, than most women. Truthfully, guys, when was the last time a woman grilled you for hours about who had the best feeling kitty.... her or one of your exes? I think we'd all be better off if we never broached the subject.
 NYCmasterplumber
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:14:31 PM
Not a problem when a woman has lots of lovers as practice makes perfect

I joined the navy @17 and had relations with over 87 women in less then 3 years not including several three some 's

As a plumbing contractor I lost count how many women I had some type of sex with I gave up counting after 560

not including BJ's I received or head I gave to several of my female accounts that wanted to save themselves for marriage
 want to travel
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2012 3:51:52 PM
I would hope she had as many men as needed,to be a great lover, one or one thousand who cares
as long as she's clean
 marcus_biggs
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/6/2012 5:33:30 PM
women do this when they are afraid of being rejected and marginalized by goofy guys with the term slut.

when really.. she's sexually advanced.. probably learned a lot of tricks from other guys.. and she likes to **** a lot..

the sad part is she's looking for someone, and filling that vooidddd. with 30 di.cks.

she is copying guys and can't be very happy... because naturally.. women would rather be selective like the poster said.
 greenwoman11
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/6/2012 5:34:11 PM
It seems to never matter what the number is going to be. Because it will always be too high! Wether in reality it is 1,10 30 , 50 or 100 it will always be to high... So don't ask!!! and hopefully she will not ask you!!
 TheSilentMan85
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/6/2012 6:10:03 PM
^ Just like what Chris Rock said ;)

I don't want to know if her number is significantly higher than mine, which is 5.

Given the cards I was dealt, I think 5 is pretty decent ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If a woman admits to 10 lovers, she's probably had 30