Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > A Good Way to Handle Nasty Emails From Men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Passinthru
Msg: 8
A Good Way to Handle Nasty Emails From MenPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Msred,

You mean that really wasn't you? ........ and there I thought I had found my perfect match
 KarlieB
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Never e-mail anybody without being decent
Posted: 5/9/2005 7:27:34 PM

I can't believe the e-mails I'm hearing about are so stupid! Hell, no man should write any woman a bunch of crap about wanting sex, or making insensitive personal statements in a private e-mail.

You have no idea how many guys are on here just to find sex. The majority of emails I get are wanting to see me naked on cam or wanting me to give them oral sex etc... Its pathetic and desperate i think. The latest was from Cobra69s wanting to rent a room so we can **** each others brains out... yeah... real charming...
 KarlieB
Msg: 10
view profile
History
A Good Way to Handle Nasty Emails From Men
Posted: 5/9/2005 7:28:52 PM

I usually just say..... you poor thing....you have never seen breasts before, thats so sad

haha... I think I'll try that next time
 GreenyX
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2005 7:38:37 PM
Blocking would clean the clutter, then again they could always create another profile.... Now that I think of it, I bet some of these are regulars here who did create another profile just to get an immature rise out of you all. Hmmmm, this could get complicated on free forums.
 GreenyX
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2005 8:13:31 PM
lol ^^^^

It's a trick question letme drink some brain juice before looking for an answer.
 KarlieB
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2005 8:40:12 PM
haha... sending a virus.. good idea
 Passinthru
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/9/2005 8:40:46 PM
Stops typing his email to hutterfly midsentence........
 Domeroth
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/9/2005 10:22:45 PM
Hmmm,

Tell them some strung out story. Let them know you're a complete pyscho. Certainly not anyone they wanna mess with.

Start talking about how you like body carving with chainsaws. How you dream about Chewbacca, and how he's the sexiest man alive. When you were little, your parents fed you chlorine so you'd have a white crotch.

use your imagination.
 JessKO
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2005 11:20:10 PM
I always ignore them.
I only block if they send more than one gross email.

I don't tell them off because I JUST KNOW there are guys out there who get off on being told off.

I don't bother blocking them because I want them to feel like their email was too worthless to create a strong reaction from me.
 GreenyX
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2005 4:03:58 PM
How about curses and voodoo dolls?

Send them an animated gif that rythmically pulses in a particular pattern known to cause epileptic seizures in a certain percentage of the population.

Could add a subliminal message in your picture saying whatever suits your fancy "........................" <<<
 Domeroth
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/24/2005 12:13:39 PM

haha... sending a virus.. good idea

Hmm, not really, granted it's a malicious act. Also, if I'm not mistaken, they could retort by sending you a trojan or something worse, then you wouldn't have to worry about nasty e-mails for quite some time (well, until you buy a new computer anyway).

Two wrongs don't make a right. Best just to ignore or block, or use my first idea and make yourself sound like a total idiot.

Virus and hacking are a nasty game. You don't want to get into it.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/30/2005 1:17:24 PM
I got an email from someone I didn't know, never seen on the forums that just said You're an azz. I just sent it to the mod, he sent him a warning and I blocked him. Why waste my time? Hopefully he'll get the message or he'll be going poof!!
I just think the best thing is to report them, but to each their own.
 viceguy2
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/30/2005 1:36:00 PM

Meh, never mind that! That is tame....

The next time one send you a nasty email with a nekked pic....copy the darned thing and put it online, along with a copy of his profile.

I've already done it myself, then emailed the offending party a copy of the url where he could find himself....

You're becoming that which you most despise...lol....still,i give it a 9 .
 crystalise
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:00:46 PM
DELETE

they come back again, Delete. Thats what the right click of the mouse was invented for

if only real life was so easy
 crystalise
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:02:57 PM
Ive put on my profile must not be looking for intimate encounter

Ive had no s**** xl or creepy emails yet. Maybe try that?
 jezella
Msg: 39
Never e-mail anybody without being decent
Posted: 7/29/2007 5:22:29 PM
sometimes the best is to ignore but i have had those that have persistantly emailed and then when going to the administrator and having that person removed because its not the first time they have done it, they come back with a new account. Sometimes ignoring the ignorant is the only way. Seems to work for me
 jacf29
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/29/2007 7:53:43 PM
yeah it's emails like those that clutter women's inboxs, making it harder to catch emails from genuine guys like me.
 Attractive1
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/29/2007 9:04:27 PM
Reply that your Pastor was visiting and happened to see his email...
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/30/2007 10:49:20 AM
its more fun ripping them a new ahole then blocking them...getting the last word in...
 apotropaist
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/30/2007 11:09:10 AM

So I told him thanks for his time (and blocked him) and posted his letter as an example of what NOT to send on a first message.

Another thing you could do is respond by saying, "What a timely email! I'm hard at work on a book about losers on the Internet who write stupid letters to women, begging for attention by making crude advances towards them. It looks like yours might end up on the cover of the book. Thanks, and keep sending it. The more material, the better my book will be."

I'd be surprised if you ever heard from them again after that.
 randomstoic
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/30/2007 12:46:40 PM
Create the "sexually explicit e-mails from ambitious gorillas" thread. Now all the women know to whom to send dramatically large foliage. Better yet. Rate them and have an Olympics....
 KitNbootz
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/30/2007 1:46:59 PM
The best way to deal with emails like that is: "Block & Delete".

These guys know they are being complete pigs and are looking to get any type of reaction out of you so you'll email them. They know they wouldn't want their sister being subjected to emails like that but they do it anyway. They are scumbags and hypocrites to boot so why waste any of your precious time reply to them?

Spend your time replying to the good guys. Not the complete morons.

Happy fishing.
 MB58SC
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2007 5:09:55 PM
I don't usually receive "nasty" e-mail. I've received some psycho letters, but I just ignore them.
 Straight Christian Lady
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/30/2007 7:18:14 PM

oh then... right after I send it.. I can block em ..
lol

Just save their message to a .txt file, block them, and THEN email your thoughts.

Yes, you can email people you've blocked, as long as they haven't yet blocked you.

.. or you can quote their message body, so you still will have the record of it in the 'they made first contact' message history even after blocking and making their emails disappear.
 Always smile!
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/31/2007 8:14:19 AM
Funny that it is a two way street. Most of my friends are women, and they show me that grotesque stuff. I would never do that on camera, unless it was private and for a girlfriend.

The problems guys have is that 95% of the mails we get are from some "chick" (could be a guy or gal in real life) asking you to see their "private pics" on this or that paysite.

The lesson is just to watch for online predators, and report them as spam or prohibited.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > A Good Way to Handle Nasty Emails From Men