Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Mitt Romney      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 guyworthgettingtoknowinpa
Msg: 1
Mitt RomneyPage 1 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
What are your thoughts on whether a morman such as Mitt Romney can be elected president? Would most christians in the south and midwest (the bible belt so to speak) be able to vote for a mormon? So what does everyone think?
 Double Cabin
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/19/2007 5:09:47 PM
His flip flop on abortion is something 53% of Americans will have a problem with.

If he's sharp in the debates of consequence he very well could pick up some otherwise disgusted folks.
 designingwoman
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/19/2007 7:13:51 PM
The people of Massachusetts are already disgusted with that slick slimeball. He's nasty and calculating. He also wasted the Legislature's time on the gay marriage question when they really needed to focus on issues like funding for the cities and towns, etc. My father was a legislator before he died, and I am sure he would have been appalled at the circus that Romney created with that question. I am so glad that the gay marriage question has now been put to rest so that our legislative branch can get back to governing like it's supposed to. Romney dishonored the state of Massachusetts with his folly.

On the bright side Massachusetts is blessed to have a wonderful new governor who is focused on state's business and is a man of his word. In today's paper, there was an article about how he kept a promise to make his governor's cabinet more diverse. I am proud of Gov. Patrick for what he has done so far.
 Catnip59
Msg: 4
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/29/2007 3:21:51 PM
Faith is very important to most Americans. I don't believe he'd get much of the christian vote except for the party hardliners. I can only say for sure that I wouldn't vote for him, and not just because of his religious affiliation. Lots of things to weigh, I generally look at the candidates voting track record and moral values.
 designingwoman
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/29/2007 5:07:46 PM
Romney does not have good moral values so I would not consider voting for him. He is not a genuine Christian. In other words, he's a fake!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/30/2007 6:37:34 PM
Don't forget that he drove us into a hole fiscally, and also wasted the legislature's time on stupid things like trying to ban gay marriage. He was a terrible governor!!

There are still some people slipping through the cracks with that "healthcare system.". The coverage is not all that good with some of the private health care companies that are involved in this. National single payer health insurance NOW!!

A dog could have done a better job than Romney
 designingwoman
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/31/2007 2:49:27 PM
Mitt Romney's father, George Romney, was the governor of Michigan. I am not sure about the American Motors company though.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/2/2007 3:27:12 PM
Funny, this was liken when JFK's faith was questioned when he ran for president back in 1960.
 CountIbli
Msg: 9
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/2/2007 6:21:18 PM
Being a Mormon is definitely a mark against him. But then again, being a Theist of any kind is a negative as far as I'm concerned.
 designingwoman
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/2/2007 6:59:32 PM
It's not so much the fact that he's a Mormon, but that he's a slimeball and a jerk who has no respect for the legislative process. The idiot wasted so much of the Legislature's time on the gay marriage issue that the state's business fell by the wayside. Thank GOD for Gov. Deval Patrick, a REAL governor!!

There are decent political leaders who happen to be Mormon. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada) is a Mormon and does a good job. You cannot lump all people of a given religion into being conservative or liberal. Some Catholics are very conservative and toe the line, while others are liberal cafeteria Catholics, for example. Some Baptists are very conservative while others are liberal, like former President Jimmy Carter. Same goes for Mormons, or any other denomination for that matter.
 designingwoman
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/3/2007 10:30:48 AM
Well, I for one WANT HR 676!!! Alexandria, you must be living high off the hog from the money from the drug companies, HMOs and other profiteers to pay you for putting that kind of stuff up on this forum!! Your thinking is the same kind of selfishness that is hurting America. Greed and profits for the few rather than giving every man woman and child the right to have health care!! Not a good way of thinking.

Also this thread has gotten far and away from Mitt the Nitwit Romney. Let's get back on topic people!!
 Politically INCORRECT
Msg: 12
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/3/2007 10:43:03 AM

The question hasn't been put to the people in a real debate yet. When they see the downsides of such a system people won't be as enthusiastic -- especially the 85 percent who have insurance.

Really??? Then why are they the ones that are flying to INDIA for surgery?
Why are they the Blue Hairs crossing the border for prescriptions?
WHY???
Why WASTE 300 BILLION US$ in administrative BS?

Come come now...it is illogical and preposterous to assume that the Average American is going to blindly hand over the baby oil to the Insurance Fraud schemes once they realize how badly they are being shafted.

The ONLY ones, "up in arms" about the whole thing, are those that stand to LOSE their profit base and margin....Why might they be upset? Why might they toss around BS factoids and slam a system that works FAMOUSLY well in other countries?

Why oh WHY might that be?

OT: psst who the fark is Nit wit Romney?
 Politically INCORRECT
Msg: 13
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/3/2007 7:33:32 PM

Don't bother with doing the unthinkable -- arguing the ISSUES.

Maybe you ought to give it a shot yerself...!!!!
1. Overpriced pharmaceuticals.... do tell? { american are not FELONS for purchasing drugs outside of the USA}...gee why? It's a capitalist solution.
2. Out of network hospitals rejecting "clients" even on an ER basis?
3. Big Pharma buying off elected officials on Capitol Hill...?{ PC term is "election donations"}
4. Insurance Co's dictating to Doctors procedures they can use on patients? Who exactly is the doctor? The Insurance Co...?
5. Insurance Co's dictating which drugs are "covered"...?
6. 31% of Premiums going to "administrative costs? { I mean REALLY....yeeesh!!!}
7. Price differential on procedures between Insurance Co's and Doctor payouts for same procedure..?
8. MRI's and CAT machines OWNED by doctors and or affiliates, charging less to the doctor then bilking Medicaid for 100's of dollars more...? { want the source for that one too...?}

THOSE^^^^ are the issues....but you never Answer any of THOSE questions....WHY?

RED HERRINGS...are not "answers"
Blasting "wait lines" are not answers either...
#'s of MRI's CT scans etc .etc. per capita...are NOT answers....
However....^^^ that is BS that you answer the questions 1~8 with....for heaven sakes....those are the ISSUES, those are the reasons the USA is ranking less than some 3rd world countries....
OT: Who would give a child a name like "Mitt"...that's cruel
 Politically INCORRECT
Msg: 14
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/4/2007 9:14:00 AM

Do you actually think with prices of gas, groceries and healthcare itself that a hard working individual like most of us in the U.S can afford to have more taxes taken out of our paychecks every week? I think not!

The Health TAX is CHEAPER than any of the insurance fraud scheme "premiums " going....so yeah....they might. Then everyone is covered.

Your health care blackmail bills will CEASE to exist , you will pay LESS overall, the extra you can invest or burn, your call.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/4/2007 12:22:08 PM
This may be a stupid question but is the point of the thread that people are freaked out about Mormons because some still practice polygamy?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 16
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/4/2007 1:35:00 PM
It's interesting that a Mormon can be a viable candidate, but an atheist never could. For all the media talk about bashing religion and Christianity in particular, no atheist could ever be elected President of the United States. That indicates to me that the intolerance comes more from those whining than those they are whining about.
 designingwoman
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/4/2007 1:48:22 PM
Amen Halftime Dad!!!! The more conservative they are the more they whine!! Want some cheese with that whine!!????

They whine about how universal health care will cost more when it's actually better for businesses, and can be paid for through things like "sin taxes" as done in Canada. It's more pro-business to support universal healthcare than this foolish system we have now. Money that is being wasted on premiums and copays can be reinvested, used to expand the business, hire more employees, upgrade equipment, increase profits and generate more business. Once the USA finally wakes up and joins the rest of the world, we will have a booming economy as a result!! I for one would love to see boom times return to America. Vote Democratic and you will see that!! (not Hillary, she wants "incremental change"--not enough!! Obama or Edwards is more likely to do something!!)
 jed456
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/4/2007 4:03:36 PM
Probably not then again It seems like the same old B.S. from both parties running.They all dems repubs promise this and that and when they get in nothing happens.
 jed456
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/4/2007 4:05:06 PM
I really have lost all faith in the government to be honest.
 designingwoman
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:43:17 PM
What about adding a bit to "sin taxes" like cigarettes and alcohol? There's more than one way to pay for universal health care.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/4/2007 8:44:05 PM
Nice guy, I am well aware that a person's religion doesn't define the type of person they are but I was trying to respond to the original thread topic, which has become lost in a debate about healthcare.

What are your thoughts on whether a morman such as Mitt Romney can be elected president? Would most christians in the south and midwest (the bible belt so to speak) be able to vote for a mormon? So what does everyone think?

Color me stupid, but this thread appeared to be about the man's religion and whether people that ascribe to other religious sects would be willing to back this man as president.

My question was if people object, what is it exactly that other Christians would object to because Mormons, last time I checked, were Christians. So is it the history and continued controversy of polygamy or some other component or aspect of the Mormon religion that would keep this candidate from being palatable, particularly for fundamentalist conservative Christians?
 designingwoman
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/5/2007 6:24:17 PM
^^^I agree that Mitt the Nitwit is a BAD Mormon!! Not caring about the poor and the middle class is not what Christ taught us.

There are good Mormons out there, namely the Senate Majority Leader, Sen. Harry Reid D-Nevada.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/5/2007 8:53:20 PM
John McCain also has very unpopular views about the war and continuing to back Bush has done nothing for his appeal either.

So the short answer to this thread is that being a Mormon will have nothing to do with Romney's inability to garner the requisite support but his political record and other issues are prohibitive.
 designingwoman
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 9/6/2007 5:10:35 PM
^^^I reported this very juvenile post above because it is not about Mitt Romney or Mormons in political office.
 cotter
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:30:04 AM
He should have brought his pickup truck and Mustang and his wife's cars ... that would have taken up some room in the stadium.

Open mouth, insert foot.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Mitt Romney