Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > profile with face in the picture      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SueCat51
Msg: 1
view profile
History
profile with face in the picturePage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I was using the picture of me wearing a black top and a floral skirt as my main photo. If one takes a close look, this picture of me is a full body shot which includes my face. Needless to say, I get an email from Admin that this image was deleted because it didn't show my face. Is there something in this photo that doesn't reflect my face? Perhaps I'm technologically challenged.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 2
profile with face in the picture
Posted: 8/26/2007 12:19:43 PM
Needless to say, I get an email from Admin that this image was deleted because it didn't show my face.

Often a User has removed or switched to an "acceptable" Pic, if it hasn't already been deleted, by the Time they come to the Forums or E-Mail asking Questions what's wrong with their Picture.

Hence I can't comment on it.

In virtually all Cases a User doesn't know or simply doesn't care to abide by the Image Uploads Rules.

Depending on the Conduct of the Poster, along with a Promise to upload only acceptable Pics, we'll restore your Privilege, where it had been previously revoked.

Related Links:

Reasons for Disappearance
Unacceptable Profile Pics
Reporting And deleting Main images
Reporting Image As Not Human
Profile Pics: Super close Ups
Profiles: Recognizable Headshot Criteria
Profiles: Profile Images as Drawings
 Ticketoride
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/27/2007 10:48:27 PM
I still don't see how a picture can be deleted if there happens to be an animal in it along with MYSELF!

Reading the above Links would be a good start:Profile Pics: Super close Ups

Yet again, I challenge this definition as being non-specific and too broad.

We'll get a Lawyer on it right away.

Then you can read 20 pages of "legal-schmegal", click endless "I agree" Buttons before you can upload a Pic.

Begs the Question ... who really creates bloated Gov't Burocracies?

It was and is me, and was not in any way meant to be a "non picture" which is obviously what is meant.

Not what is "Meant", but what "is" or "isn't".

volsgradstudent
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/28/2007 12:05:32 AM
I'd like to know what the deal is as well. I've gotten two pics deleted in the last two days.

Since the one that was deleted today was JUST MY FACE I would like to know the justification behind deleting it.

I also have sent responses to the admin e-mails and have not gotten a response.

Also, my ability to upload photos is now disabled.

I'd really like to know why my photos were deleted.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/28/2007 12:14:08 AM
I'd like to know what the deal is as well.

Related Links:Images: Image Problems

Profile Pics: Admin Message Image Deleted

Since the one that was deleted today was JUST MY FACE I would like to know the justification behind deleting it.

Any of the Items mentioned herein:

Related Links:Images: Image ProblemsUnacceptable Profile Pics

I also have sent responses to the admin e-mails and have not gotten a response.

You won't. There are no Explanations in Respect to the Deletion of anyone Profile Images, only published Criterias for their Deletions. Someone reported a Pic, or your 'Main Image' as Non-Compliant, the Report was checked and verified, your Pic was deleted, and your Image upload Privileges revoked.

Also, my ability to upload photos is now disabled.

The Result of that.

I'd really like to know why my photos were deleted.

Related Links:

central99
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2007 9:30:10 AM
I've just had a photo containing a CLEAR VIEW of my FACE "deleted automatically", or words to that effect. Followed by a mail from admin.

What gives?

[=Reading the Posts above / Ticketoride]

yayawhatever
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:50:27 PM
If you get banned from uploading images how long does that last?

Until you remove the images that are not in compliance and email a Forum Moderator to explain that you understand that all images must involve a recognizable shot of your face.

Your image upload privileges were suspended, no image was deleted, thus no email to alert you to this. There are different approaches to dealing with those that abuse the image upload rules. What you are experiencing is just another way of stopping those that offend from uploading more images.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/4/2007 10:35:56 AM
it appears you guys cater to those how scream the loudest

Hmmm ... starting off on a wrong Premise to begin with.

my profile was deleted/disabled in it's entirety over a body building pic of me and my model friend.....yes the entire profile was "NUKED" as your admin likes to put.......

Related Links:Profile Pics: Admin Message Image Deleted

I've seen pics of nude men and women, gag photos, photos of pets yada yada yada............OMG, should I go on...........?

Like most other Users, you reported them.
So what's the Problem?

there's absolutely nothing wrong with the photos that were in my profile under "Only Rabbits Need Apply"

They tell us that even though many have no Clue what the Upload Requirements are.
Hot Air for the most part.

Since I haven't seen your Pics, I can't comment on it.

....all photos met your "Pic Rules".......

If the Admin deleted them, I assume you are full of it, since he reviews them himself. And so far, the Cases I could verify, without variation of the Rule, the Poster is usually peddling BS.
Hence your nonsense Whining falls on deaf Ears.

without notification of any type, dropped the hammer...... if in fact the pic failed to meet the standards of this site or others, the admin's actions should've included an email notification requesting the removal of the pic and failure to do so would result in the profile being disabled.

There is no Notification. Its up to you to make sure your Pics qualify.

I would ask that you and your team take a very hard look at the standard your setting through this type of action.

The "Standard" is ... the Admin looks at your Pic, determines it doesn't qualify, it gets deleted. There is no Beaurocracy on the Drawing Boards for any Notifications, no such Service. Go to Lavalife and pay your $ 30.

In turn, I would ask that you return my profile to a functional state and I will gladly remove pics in my profile that do not meet "Pic Standards".

There is no "In Turn".

There is no such Thing as "return my profile to a functional state".

Either it has been deleted by the Admin, or your Pic Upload Priviledges have been revoked. And if you continue to upload Images
that do not show a clear Headshot as a main Pic again, you'll have your Image Upload Privileges revoked permanently.
 SEATTLE01
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/5/2008 12:05:48 AM
HI THERE

THERE IS BLOCK IN MY DOWN LOAD PICTURES, COULD YOU HELP ME WITH THESE PLEASE
Post your Image upload Issues here ---> Images: Image Problems
 Ticketoride
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:25:54 PM
What recourse does one have if they believe a picture was deleted and they HAVE followed the rules?

None. You could try to e-mail the Admin, but since your deleted Image is gone, there isn't much to discuss.

Profile Pics: Upload Privilege Revoked
Recognizable Headshot Criteria

I recently changed my main profile pic to one with three other members, taken at a recent event. I AM recognizable - I am the only one with silver hair. Yet I received the following email "Your Main Image has been deleted"

If there is any Doubt, or its not clear which one of the People the User is, then that Image if set as a Main Image will be deleted.

Related Links:Images: Rating & Rejecting Images
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 12
Profile with Face in the Picture
Posted: 5/14/2008 7:21:53 PM
I did a Google search for your username and looked at the copy of your profile in Google's Cache. The photo I saw is a headshot of a guy in a dark shirt. Such a photo is well within the POF rules, provided it is in fact of you. Other than that, its deletion is a mystery to me, assuming that is the photo in question.

Carmen00
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/8/2008 10:37:46 AM
I want to make my picture private, i've tried everything but it will not work, please help me in doing this for security reasons. Thank-You.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/8/2008 10:47:44 AM
I want to make my picture private

Related Links:Profile Pics: Hide Pic on Profile/E-Mail Pics
 Ticketoride
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/10/2008 6:40:45 PM
Kinda funny. I have a friend on here.. A guy I might add who had a picture of him on the beach deleted. He was on the beach in beach wear which means no shirt and board shorts. I've seen guys who take pictures of themselves in the MIRROR with less on and their pics are ok????

Doesn't make sense to me. I've also seen some pretty nasty pictures of woman on here with less on and their pics don't get deleted. I think who ever deletes the pictures should take a minute and actually LOOK at the picture first. If you dont' have the time....then don't do the job

More importantly, its best not to make Presumptions which are completely baseless, esp. when dealing with 3rd. Party Reports.

Further, if you continue to make any more dumb & snotty Remarks in respect to Moderator Advices, please take Notice I'll be more than happy to show you Door without any further Ado.

Profile Pics: Upload Privilege Revoked
 Ticketoride
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/11/2008 10:05:30 AM
Sunglasses you say? That would explain why mine got nabbed recently. I figured some communist hippy just reported it because they are working for the terrorists. Problem solved!

If you cannot be recognized, then the Pic will likely end up being trashed and you end up having your Image Upload Privileges revoked.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/11/2008 3:19:22 PM
I... posted because I understood that...

Hmmm ... Ok, so not a Terrorist Thing then after all ...
 paul-34
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 7:45:10 PM
happened to me today, my image with me in it (that was on my profile for well over a year!) was deleted because it said it didn't show my face....which it did.

So will the one you currently have up too / Ticketoride
 volsgradstudent
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:49:24 PM
My upload privileges were revoked nearly a year ago. I have posted in several places asking how I go about getting them restored, but so far I haven't received any responses.

I will certainly abide by forum rules regarding my profile photos.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to get my privileges reinstated?

Done / Ticketoride
 Ticketoride
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/19/2008 11:47:28 AM
Think its wrong when i can go onto plenty of male profiles and see men with all their bits hanging out and they seem to be ok!!

Report -->Plentyoffish: Report Channels

... if its not sorted, gonna delete my profile altogether!!

Sorting out:Account Deletions

the picture rules on this site are a joke really

Typical Statement from those who don't understand how Users want to search for each other.

if a profile can have NO picture then why can't it have ANY picture so desired??

Related Links:Big Bad Wolves with Sunset Profile Pics
 Ticketoride
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/19/2008 10:55:47 PM
your reasoning for a head shot picture is brutal

The Reasoning is the Result of Request, Public Input & Demand, resulting in the Reduction of a specific Type of Abuse.

if a profile can have no picture why is it that a head shot picture be provided?

A Profile is not required to have a Pic, but if a Pic is posted it must be a current and clear Headshot of the User.

is a picture of a mountain really any different from a profile with no picture?

Read my Post again ---> Big Bad Wolves with Sunset Profile Pics ... its very explanatory, delineating the exact Reasons for it. That is the Way it works, whether you like it or not, whether you consider it dead-serious or hilarious is neither here nor there.

and who says the head shot even has to be you??

As a Main Pic, it has to be a Headshot of the User of the Profile.

your logic of fake profiles and meeting people who don't look like what they say they do is hilarious

There is "hilarious", and then there are those who label rather painfully obvious and proven Facts hilarious, often referred to as complete Idiots. Its an IQ Issue really, if not yet another unintelligible Argument from a Fake Profile.

it is the internet....if people lie about what they look like and somebody falls for it then both parties are to blame

Brilliant Deterance !!!

buy a damn cam for $20 at walmart

Not the Way the Contact Restrictions work, nor does everybody have access to a Cam in their local Cybernet Cafe, or want to use one if it actually works at times.

In any Event, this seems more of a soft Troll-Job than a Query that had to be dumbed down ...
 volsgradstudent
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/22/2008 7:59:44 PM

My upload privileges were revoked nearly a year ago. I have posted in several places asking how I go about getting them restored, but so far I haven't received any responses.

I will certainly abide by forum rules regarding my profile photos.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to get my privileges reinstated?

Done / Ticketoride

Thank you!
 besador
Msg: 27
I want to be able to upload pictures
Posted: 10/1/2008 8:58:03 AM
for a long time i havent been able to UPLOAD pictures and it is getting very annoying.
can you fix it?

No / Ticketoride
 cootersmaro
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/21/2008 10:38:36 PM
Eveytime i post a pic it is cutting my head off now iv tried croping it and now i cant post . if im restricted can it be lifted now i know what im doing
 Ticketoride
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/22/2008 10:27:24 AM
Eveytime i post a pic it is cutting my head off now iv tried croping it and now i cant post.

Related Links:Profile Pics: White Background/Border
 central99
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2008 8:45:04 AM
Yep you guessed it - It's happened again.

Twice.

To a photo with A CLEAR VIEW OF MY FACE that's been there for months. Containing no hat, sunglasses or "comedy" moustache.

And yet photos of kittens, mountains, cartoons or David Beckham seem common in other profiles.

Oh dear.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > profile with face in the picture