Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > BEER      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dane_X
Msg: 2
view profile
History
BEERPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Recently discovered 'Rauchbier'. a pub near me has a decent selection of these and other German beers. It's a style where the malt is smoked. It has a distinctly different flavour.

I don't like beers that are infused with fruit flavours, (although anything with raspberries *DROOL*) or are 'sweet'. Sweetness should be for sodas.

Absolutly will not drink Stella Artois.

I'm more of an Absintheur.

There is a beer in Germany called Cynthia. it had absinthe in it. Didn't have a chance to try it, next time.
There's also a place in Sweden called Garlic and Shots, that do 'Garlic beer'. Yes that's raw garlic in beer. My tongue was numb about half way through.

Dane_X
Msg: 6
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 8/30/2007 4:30:35 PM

Kokanee is also good.
Cynthia. it had absinthe in it.
Absinthe is a particularly nasty weed that grows all over my back yard

Ha! my nickname used to be Kokanee.Never once drank it though....?....

Artemisia absinthium? Commonly called wormwood.
 designingwoman
Msg: 7
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 8/30/2007 6:44:22 PM
I love Spaten and microbrew beers. Sam Adams Summer Brew is good too. I hate Bud and Coors.

Cheers

Great topic
 WickedWorld
Msg: 13
BEER
Posted: 9/1/2007 11:35:09 AM
Been tracking this thread for 2 days so far just to see if any1 would say Labatts Blue, But I guess there not many true Canadians out there

Or Molson XXX in the single serve cans.

Next time grab a Maximum Ice, than you'll see your mood change
 blondago56
Msg: 15
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 9/5/2007 10:56:43 PM
when i go to my little place ("Paddy O'Rielly's") i have my Coors Light (bottle/ice cold) & my chicken sald... i did have some great italian imported beer i got once at Trader Joe's ...good flavor....
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 20
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 9/10/2007 8:09:25 AM
guinness or fosters, mmmmmmmmmmm. i like them for different reasons, the guinnes for a nice mellow chocolatey flavor it imparts, and the fosters, well because it's fosters and me likey the taste.

can't stand the aluminum tasting american beers or the fussy pissy pale ales simpering flavors, gimme something nice mellow and smooth with a good foam, and yes i chose my words carefully. there are a few good micro brews in the area, but a better one is down in sedona az, where i'll be at the end of the month for a long weekend, can't wait for the red rocks.
cheers.
 Neysha61
Msg: 21
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 9/10/2007 8:56:23 AM
Everyone needs to find that song on the NET by David Allen Coe ~ Beer is good for you! You will laugh and sing along and become suddenly very thirsty.
I love that song and I do so love my beer in a glass over ice with a straw.
Thanks and cheers to you and yours!
 WickedWorld
Msg: 22
BEER
Posted: 9/11/2007 1:30:19 PM

Geeze, $6.95 a six pack for Miller High Life? My local Food Lion has it for $8.99 per case.

Your Probably talkin bout American High Life
Of course it's that cheap over there cause they may put 1 or 2 percent in it

High Life here in Canada is premium, cause we put MORE alcohol in it
 designingwoman
Msg: 24
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 9/21/2007 4:47:45 PM
Ah, the old days of being in college: Going to the Jamaican pub to listen to reggae and drink some Red Stripe with some vinegar flavored fries, going to the German pub for a bit of Spaten, savoring a Harp at the Irish pub, and the little Mexican place for fresh baked nacho chips, salsa and a delicious Corona with a squeeze of lime Don't forget the Sapporo at the Japanese restaurant, or going for some seafood and enjoying a microbrew.
 WickedWorld
Msg: 25
BEER
Posted: 9/21/2007 5:23:06 PM

Corona with a squeeze of lime

Guess you never heard what they do in Corona...thats why you need lime, they squeeze alot of stuff in that beer
 RSwindol
Msg: 26
BEER
Posted: 9/22/2007 5:14:06 AM
Lest Favorite Beers:
Pretty much any non premium beer (Bud, Bud Light, Miller, Busch, Coors)

Favorites:
Guinness
Bass Ale
Samuel Adams...many different kinds
Sierra Nevada pale ale
Anchor Steam porter
Samuel Smiths oatmeal stout
Pete's Wicked Ale summer brew
Moosehead
Corona
New Castle...yum
St. Paulie Girl
Beamish
Smithwicks
Alagash
Hoegarrden
Woodpecker hard cider
Negro Modelo
LaBatte Blue

Beer I really want to try:
Samuel Adam's Utopia 25.6% abv

And by the way, a premium beer (aka Craft Beer) is not determined by it's alcohol content. If it has a screw off top, it simply isn't a craft beer even though they may decide to give it a premium price. Screw off caps will never preserve the beer as well as a well sealed, pop off cap. This is why any beer that is concerned with flavor will not use a screw off cap.
 RSwindol
Msg: 27
BEER
Posted: 9/22/2007 5:29:25 AM
Not to change the subject to dramatically, but this seems to be a good place to ask this question...

In your area, do bars/pubs often associate mislabel premium beers as imports as they do in Mississippi, where I live? I cannot count how many times I have gone to bars that claim to have $1.50 domestic beer night and I can't get a Samuel Adams for %1.50. When I then inquire about their special they inform me that Sam Adams is an import. What? Is it not brewed in Massachusetts which would make it a domestic beer? The same can be said for beers like Anchor Steam, Harpoon, Red Hook, Rolling Rock, Blue Moon, and many more. These are not imports and therefore should not be sold as imports.

This is borderline false advertisement if you ask me.
 designingwoman
Msg: 28
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 9/22/2007 1:54:38 PM
It is. I agree with you RSwindol. The bar is trying to "swindle" its customers. Pardon the pun!
 Dceeeee
Msg: 29
BEER
Posted: 9/22/2007 6:13:22 PM
Oops...posted under wrong forum
 NatGoat
Msg: 32
BEER
Posted: 9/24/2007 9:43:44 AM
I grew up on Canadian Beer, so ANYthing Canadian tops my list . .
Molsons..
Labatts..
O'keefee . . etc . .
But, for Taste . . A fresh bottle of Strohs' is to DIE for . . As is Killians Red . . !!!
Many of Samuel Adams products are good, too . .
LEAST Favorites . .
Pearl . . or almost Any Texan beer is Ultra Bitter / nasty . .
and..even though I grew up in Buffalo . . Genny Cream makes me ILL . . !!

Beer is supposed to be drank ' As IS ' . . If additives are 'required'[salt/lime] . . it indicates -to ME-
that it NEEDS help to taste Good . . !!!
 RSwindol
Msg: 35
BEER
Posted: 9/25/2007 4:56:22 AM

i like the coldest beer available.

I hear this comment a lot when I get into conversations about beer. The way I see it, if you have to have your beer half a degree above freezing to stomach it, then you are admittedly drinking some nasty beer. By dramatically reducing the temperature of your beer you are reducing the bitterness and other flavors. Why should anyone need to change the flavor of a beer that they truly enjoy?

I am not saying that I can't drink beer that is very cold, but I will not drink a beer at 33 degrees (1 C) if I can't tolerate it at 47 degrees (8 C).

Seaspot, I am using your quote, but not trying to pick on you. But I will challenge you to try other beers until you find one that you enjoy even at higher temps.
 designingwoman
Msg: 37
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 10/6/2007 5:08:43 PM
I just had a Sam Adams Oktoberfest this afternoon, and it was delicious!!
 junipermoon
Msg: 38
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 10/6/2007 7:12:18 PM
i like magic hat's 'blind faith.' i recently had an amish ale made by lancaster brewing company that i liked quite a bit too. the stoudts i can live without. i much prefer ales and lagers.
 Venari
Msg: 39
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 10/7/2007 2:42:48 PM
Molsen Canadian for me. I dont' want to drink any more american beers.

Although i'd like to try something called a "zombie". apparently it tastes so fruity you wont know you're drinking booze....but just try standing up after having one or two.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 41
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 3/25/2009 12:56:00 AM
I hate you all,too many good beers to list!I wish I could list them but I can't even spell half of them
 torgo70
Msg: 42
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 3/25/2009 6:26:05 AM
Favorite: Anything Henry Weinhard(especially Northwest Trail and Blonde), and for soft drinks Henry's makes the best Orange Cream Soda.

Least Favorite: Schmidts
 Musique08
Msg: 44
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:42:04 PM
One of my favourites is Newcastle Brown.
Can't think of any I've tried that I really don't like, some I prefer to others though.
Like to try? Not sure currently. Wanted to try hobgoblin awhile ago, tried it awhile ago too and it's good.
I've started having ale more than I used to, but I still like some lager too. Corona is another I like, especially with slice of lime.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 46
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:53:57 PM
Is it dark, rich, flavorful, and decadent? I like my beers like I like my chocolate. Not much for light, pale, or watery beers. Though had a pale apple microbrew that I was . Now if I could pronounce it or spell its name.............
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 52
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 3/31/2009 9:51:37 PM
Here are some of my favorite beers.

1. Corona with lime

2. Samual Adams

3. Michelob Amberbok

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > BEER