Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Red heads...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brokensmilensj
Msg: 2
Red heads...Page 1 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
I personally have 3 male friends who are absolutely bonkers for red heads. When I ask what is it about redheads they say it's the pasty skin and freckles that do it for them. lol Be proud!
 MarriedOzBloke
Msg: 5
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 1:58:16 PM

from men for my "red" hair.

It's red.

Just wondering what the big deal is with red heads.

Well provided you can put up with the fiery nature (who said temper?), they're a lot of fun.
 Ron9
Msg: 6
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 2:01:04 PM
OMG freckles

too short so ....

OMG freckles
 Dane_X
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 2:11:58 PM
Reds are invariably more insaner than the average female.
In my experience. Never met one that wasn't a complete psycho. Sometimes that's a good thing.

What weird i my hair is dark blonde/lite brown, but my beard grows in reddish.
My great aunt on my dad's side was a red head.
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 2:31:37 PM
I had coffee with someone today who mentioned he loved the color of my hair and then had to ruin it with "but of course it came from a bottle."
 Double Cabin
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 2:38:29 PM
There was a credible study that suggested redheads enjoy pain between the sheets, ie they love having the mop pulled vigorously. They're just Republicans, fuggedaboutem.
 Krimiariver
Msg: 13
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 4:10:59 PM
TallTexann wrote:

5'10" with red hair seems to get me noticed all the time. I don't know.... I sort of like having red hair. ;)

My daughter is 16, 5'10", and has long, red hair and she gets lots of attention (though not enough for her, too much for me). But there is also the stereotypical redhead nature. She thought her boyfriend was checking out another girl and she ripped him up one side and down the other.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 4:24:25 PM

I am happy to be a redhead.. and would not have it any other way. Although.. just wish that the skin would tan just a wee bit.

Me too... sure would be nice to tan tho'. In the summer I just get to a "darker shade of pale" and the freckles pop.
 JWA
Msg: 15
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 5:56:27 PM
I'd guess with the glut of "bottle blondes" in the world brunettes and red hair is the real stand out these days. There's nothing more stunning than the range of brown or deep brunette hues as well as the wonderful auburn and red we see a bit more often with the help of Miss Clairol.

In a sea of peroxide the darker colors would get the most attention-----from me anyway! Embrace the red and maybe affect a slight Irish lilt, too? LOL
 Kickn1Back™
Msg: 16
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 6:53:18 PM
Hmmm, what can I say here, Redheads have always been a weakness of mine. My X-wife was a "Red" and let me tell ya, I thought she was sweet until the big "D". She is meaner than a blue tick tied up and left home on opening day of hunting season. I am still paying for it after 16 years. Redheads have always been different and the freckles are a turn on and ya just gotta remember to keep em out of the sun. Plus, let me not forget, they can be VERY KINKY!!!

KB
 Kickn1Back™
Msg: 17
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 6:57:05 PM

fuggedaboutem

They need lovin' too buddy. Good to see ya as well. BTW, took care of that lil' problem and it was with a redhead. LOL

KB
 DharmaF
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 7:00:28 PM

TallTexann: 5'10" with red hair seems to get me noticed all the time. I don't know.... I sort of like having red hair. ;)

Same here! LOL
 SpareBoyfriend
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 8:56:44 PM

Just wondering what the big deal is with red heads.

Redheads are hot. End of story.

Next you will want to know why chicks are into tall guys...
 nefertiti__
Msg: 22
Red heads...
Posted: 9/5/2007 10:13:55 PM
and which peer reviewed scientific journal did you get this credible study from?
 butchieboy4u
Msg: 24
Red heads...
Posted: 9/6/2007 6:22:00 AM
Redheads? Yummy....
Most I knew had spunk.. Real go getters.. Id love for a red to be clinging on my waist. Oh, Did I forget to say..."MORE ROMANTIC"?
 ldytrkr
Msg: 27
Red heads...
Posted: 9/6/2007 8:13:25 PM
For years I bleached my red hair blonde, then as I got older and went grey I went back to red and wish I would have left it that way all along. But growing up you got labeled carrot top and all sorts of other sad names so I went with the flow. Love my red hair now. Oh well we live and learn and yes I have the freckles and pale skin that goes with it
 JustKissItDarlin
Msg: 28
Red heads...
Posted: 9/6/2007 9:50:03 PM
Baileyd - I'm naturally pale skinned, but in the last couple of years I've spent a lot of time out in the sun and I've forgotten my sunblock more than a few times. My left shoulder is now more freckle than not. Hello skin cancer! One guy said I looked roasted. :/

I always considered myself a dirty blonde/light brown until people started calling me a redhead. Now I think it's reddish. Because it actually is reddish or because people tell me it's reddish? And do they think it's red because it's red or because I'm pale, freckled, and bookish? *quirks eyebrow* It's probably red.
 Derferret
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/6/2007 10:17:21 PM
Well, red heads are only 2% of the population of the world right now, and seeing as red hair is a recessive trait, it's not easy to keep up.

Though oddly enough, red facial hair seems to be dominant among men of Irish descent... Dark as it may be, it's a distinct shade of red given a full beard, no matter how dark the hair on the head might be.
 jd28spot
Msg: 33
Red heads...
Posted: 9/7/2007 8:01:33 AM
Strawberry Blond to deep, dark red......Reds Rule!!!

Simply put......Reds are the "Spice of Life"
 no_1_bby
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/7/2007 3:25:20 PM
*If all you're after is my lily-white body, forget it...

I have freckles!!*

Always been a little on the red side.. my bio-father was a redhead apparently. LOVE being a red head...
 45nicegirl
Msg: 41
Red heads...
Posted: 9/11/2007 5:09:19 PM
Redheads are special, unique & very hot & sexy. We're good in bed. Our skin is sensitive, so we feel sensation a lot more. Once you have a redhead, you will be spoiled for life! I am a true redhead & I am feisty, but I don't have a bad temper.
 SoLongThanksForAllTheFish
Msg: 43
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 8:11:46 AM

might have something to do with the fact that redheads have a notorious reputation for being very wild in bed.

Really? News to me!

Maybe I should start letting my hair grow long enough for people to see the red tinge. Or does the reputation only apply to women?
 SoLongThanksForAllTheFish
Msg: 44
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 8:22:54 AM

Though oddly enough, red facial hair seems to be dominant among men of Irish descent... Dark as it may be, it's a distinct shade of red given a full beard, no matter how dark the hair on the head might be.

Not just Irish, Celtic generally. My reddish-brown hair (and much more reddish beard, just as you said) come from my mother's side of the family, which is partly Welsh and not at all Irish.

And yes, mom was a stereotypical fiery-tempered redhead in her youth...

Can't say I'm especially attracted to redheads, on the other hand, but I've known lots of other guys who are.
 Krimiariver
Msg: 46
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 3:02:04 PM
45nicegirl wrote:

Redheads are special, unique & very hot & sexy. We're good in bed. Our skin is sensitive, so we feel sensation a lot more. Once you have a redhead, you will be spoiled for life! I am a true redhead & I am feisty, but I don't have a bad temper.

Redheads are very unique, so unique that when I see one I think of my 16 year old very redheaded daughter and that pretty much ends that. If anything, it's blondes and brunettes for this guy from now on.
 foreverpinky48
Msg: 49
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 8:47:17 PM
I'm a redhead. Was almost carrot top when I was younger and the freckles ran together to give me a tan. (both irish and scottish heritage waaaayyyy back). Brutal being a redheaded girl. One fav rhyme everyone chanted was "Red red pee'd the bed, 5 cents a cabbage head"....and then re the freckles...."Did someone thrown dog poop through the screen door at you?!)

As I aged and had babies, my hair went darker...but still red. I'd be rich if I had a dollar for everytime a guy would ask "Are you a true redhead"...so I think that's where the excitement comes in...the fact that the pubes are red! go figure.

Now my daughter has a beautiful head of shiny red hair (which she dyes all colours of the rainbow) but it irks me when they ask her where she gets her red hair from and I'm standing right beside her. I almost got fired a couple of years ago for having an unnatural shade of hair...can you imagine? From a very large Canadian Food Chain.

One last thought...fiery temper or feisty? Probably the scottish/irish thingy happening and not really the colour of hair.
imho
Pinky
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Red heads...