Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Germany next year      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 djc02359
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Germany next yearPage 1 of 1    
I'm in Dresden right now. It's beautiful bt a little lonely. I don't know how to meet anyone besides the people I work with, and most of them are half my age...I don't know anything about tours but Dresden is a beautiful city and very user friendly. Let me know if you're in town!
 aventurero
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Germany next year
Posted: 10/3/2007 4:40:38 PM
I wouldn't bother with a bus tour. The train system is supurb and it is easy to get around. Also you will run into enough Germans that can converse in English if you need directions.

Never been to Essen but Wuppertal, nearby, has a neat century old monorail. Other than that Berlin is a must see.
 CosmoGirl123
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Germany next year
Posted: 10/6/2007 8:26:00 PM
I went withTrafalgar Tours, cost savers. Cost savers was pretty much the same as the regular priced tour except the hotels where not in the city centre..but I enjoyed the more family run, smaller hotels better, as they had more character and charm.

We started in Frankfurt, then to Austria and Switerland. A Rhine tour was also part of the trip. It was great.

A
 CosmoGirl123
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Germany next year
Posted: 10/6/2007 8:28:45 PM
I should also tell you about Essen. It was an old mine processing complex that has been converted into a cultural, artist hub.
It was very cool to walk through it. Germany is really up on conservation and not so much on tearing everything down and rebuilding as we are in North America. One part of this place was called Zollverein.

A
 Red_Kuala
Msg: 7
Germany next year
Posted: 10/12/2007 11:20:18 PM
Essen is in the north...If you want to have fun do bavaria to the south..I didn't look to see where you are from I was just checking stuff out when I seen germany as i have been there 2 times..They are a people with a little to no sense of humor...It is a great country to visit though.. here is a site to look at that can give you good pointers...and this guy has good package deals..I just happened to make friends over the computer and went over that way.. www.ricksteves.com ...this guy has a european show on every night and he gives good hints...
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Germany next year