Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Rate New Images - Pictures with two or more people?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Deceased~
Msg: 2
Rate New Images - Pictures with two or more people?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I am new here so I've just read all the rules. I learned that any photo that you (or others) have difficulty recognizing as the person whose profile it belongs to is not allowed.

I don't know what the "crop" function does but it may be just a signal to some software that will attempt to remove blank areas so the effort would be wasted when the program found no blank space.

The disappearance of the multiple person photo, however, would definitely get the posters attention.

Here is some discussion on photos that I found.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts3686293.aspx#3686293
 Deceased~
Msg: 5
Rate New Images - Pictures with two or more people?
Posted: 9/25/2007 6:15:03 PM
Sorry. Here is where I read it:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingposts7248892.aspx#7249224

Message #3 (from a moderator) mentions "Could be any of a half dozen people" and I take that to mean multiple people in a picture is not acceptable.

The subject has been discussed in so many places and the over all thing is the picture has to be what you might call a "school picture" as it were (like yours). Anything else is pushing the envelope as I understand it. I took my picture down when I discovered silhouette type pictures were not allowed.

I have also learned that it is the owner who makes the final determination on pictures so you might mail him privately. I also understand that can take days for a private answer.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/26/2007 1:18:09 AM
I've seen many pictures submitted with showing multiple people, and it often isn't clear which belongs with the profile... at times submitted as main profile picture. Should these be rejected outright or tagged as "needs cropping"?

Reject Them !!!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/27/2007 1:26:28 AM
I reported some person named Admin for this, but he's still here.

Do not confuse "Rating of Images" with "Image Upload" Criteria.

You are free to upload an Image with more than 1 Person as the Main Image, provided there is "No Doubt" who the User in Question is.
The Example of the Admin is a clear Case in Point. His Profile States Male, and he ain't no Crossdresser.

Further, a Person most definitely in the Foreground would usually have to be assumed to be the User.

In Reference to this Post:Profiles: Recognizable Headshot Criteria

"Could be any half a dozen People ..."

So, if you cannot tell who the User is among a Number of People within the Main Image Picture, and there is no other clear Headshot among any of the other Profile Images, that User will have that Main Image deleted and Pic Upload Privileges revoked.

However, such a Picture can be among any of the "Non-Main Images".

When it comes to "Rating Images", and the User ...

"Could be any half a dozen People ...",

... reject that Image, and it would usually be deleted in the same Fashion as:

Clicking a Profile's Report profile if main image doesn't show users face. Link.

If there is a "Reasonable Doubt" about the Identity, reject the Image.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/27/2007 4:36:57 PM
i just got an automated message from admin telling me that my pic was deleted.

Related Links:Profile Pics: Admin Message Image Deleted

my face shows pretty good and my pic is still on my profile.

Your current Picture could also be subject to Deletion and Revocation of Image Upload Privileges because:

See here:Profiles: Recognizable Headshot Criteria
... If the Person is not identifiable, recognizable, "Could be any half a dozen people ...", even if the Person is standing too far away from the Camera ...

To me, it looks like a Picture of a Woman on a Surfboard, I can't make out the Face, could be anyone of a dozen People ... hence a "Reasonable Doubt" exists that its not a Main Image of yourself.

From a Moderator Perspective I would be inclined to have that Pic deleted and your Upload Privileges revoked. From a Rating Perspective, I would reject the Image for the very same Reason.

could it be that there is a glitch in the system singling me out on my pic.

Since Images are reviewed and deleted by the Admin, the only Glitch could one of Judgement. Based on your current Main Image, it is obvious you are not in Compliance with the Image Upload Requirements.
 Deceased~
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/27/2007 5:18:20 PM

Your profile also says you are a 47 year old man with grey hair. I am straight as an arrow but you are the most beautiful man I've ever seen.!

Of course I will look like a fool when he takes down the pic of the beautiful woman on a surfboard, eh?
 ActionT
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/27/2007 5:23:34 PM
and why is it people feel the need to give us pics of them and all their kids???
 Ticketoride
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/10/2007 4:31:27 AM
inclusive of YOU = OK

If there is anything else in the Pic with the User that falls into the Domain of Copyright, Trademark or Intellectual Property Infringement, then the Image will also be deleted and most certainly Pic Upload Privileges revoked.

This encompasses Graphics, Artwork, Cartoons, Celebrities, Products & Services, Joke Pics, Weblinks, etc.

Related Links:Profile Images: Posting Orginal Artwork
Profile Pics: As Drawings
 restless_native
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2008 4:34:36 AM

i just got an automated message from admin telling me that my pic was deleted.
could it be that there is a glich in the system singling me out on my pic.

It doesn't matter what the content of the picture is. My understanding is that if people choose to delete for whatever reason, valid or not, then it goes.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 19
Rate New Images - Pictures WITH GUNS?
Posted: 6/23/2008 2:35:35 PM
Obviously, soldiers in unifrom, that's their job, I'd call it okay. But what is PoF's stance on obvious civilian-types wielding handguns or shotguns, presumably to look cool.

In Military Uniform, Police Officer, Security Guard or in Game Hunter Gear, is OK. Same with a Guy shooting at the local Gun Range showing protective Gear, legal Target, etc.

Each one of these is clearly suggestive of responsible & authorized Use. If some Troll however posts a Pic of himself as a Brinks Guard
with a Gun pointed at his Head or other such irresponsible, offensive or dangerous Gesture, in Addition to voting off the Pic, report such a User at the bottom of his Profile's » Report Member Link.

Related Links »Plentyoffish: Report Channels

This is not much different than with any other Weapons, or dangerous Use of Objects. A User chopping Wood with an Axe on a Campsite isn't remotely the same Thing as a User holding one up in a 7-11 Store.

Just reject Images of Weapons & Objects used irresponsibly, offensively or dangerously both for Profile Image Uploads as well for the Rating New Images.
 blondblueyed
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/9/2008 10:50:33 AM

I selected it to be my main image and both times the Mods ejected it completely from my line-up. Why?

The Mods don’t have anything to do with photos/profiles, they moderate the forums and try to answer question to the best of their ability in the areas that they are allowed.

Admin/Big fish/Creator of POF/Head honcho Markus is the Alpha and the Omega of profiles/photos/accounts and even he doesn‘t prowl the site on the look out for violations. He relies on the community to police and report if they see anything “suspicious” in profiles just as the Mods rely on the community to report forum/thread violations.

Your photo was likely deleted because at some point it was reported and when Admin got around to it he agreed it was in violation. You have many others on your profile that are also non-compliant according to the rules on photos. I usually report if the non-visible photo is the only one as it is possible it is only used to circumvent the “must have photo” filter. Even with your other photos there is still one or two where you can see your face and get an overall view of your “look” so in my personal view you aren’t “hiding”.

The mod whose photo I was criticizing above is "Tickettoride", by the way.

You could always try to report him via the report button on the bottom of his profile like anyone else if it bothers you that much. It is the one he uses as his “main” photo now, use to be the other one on his profile and that is a clear picture. So, again in my view Tic isn’t “hiding” behind a vague photo to get around filters or to mislead how he looks.

Just be aware if you go around reporting people just for the sake of it or it appears you are doing so just because you are getting back at others because one of yours was reported it can come back and bite you.

You could also try to contact Admin directly as to “why” but bottom line is if it is brought to his attention and he agrees it’s bye- bye.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/10/2008 11:56:07 PM
I selected it to be my main image and both times the mods ejected it completely from my line-up. Why?

Related Links:Profile Pics: Admin Message Image Deleted
Profile Pics: Reasons for Disappearance

Profile Pics: Image File Sizes
 The B1G Catch
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/6/2009 3:46:19 PM
For several days I had a new link giving me the ability to Rate New Images. I really should have searched for this thread before starting to use my judgement as the "class photo" type pics as main profile shots did get approved.

Anyway the reason for this post was that I no longer see that link so possibly it was due to less than stellar performance as an image judge? :)

/P
 The B1G Catch
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/6/2009 4:59:49 PM
That did it Trapped..... On the question on "Shirtless" - I have been passing beach photos but obvious torso shoots I have been trashing.
 The B1G Catch
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/6/2009 5:26:55 PM
Then possibly Marcus should change the selection buttons to read Torso rather than Shirtless as No Torso is used in the Upload criteria.

Another useful feature would be the ability for members to rotate images - if there is such a utility available to Marcus.

/P
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Rate New Images - Pictures with two or more people?