Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ex's that just don't get, NO!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 scorpiomover
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Ex's that just don't get, NO!Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Just tell her that you're happy to date her body, but not while her soul is still in it.

FYI, women may try and be subtle to men, but when you are trying to drop a hint on a woman, and she doesn't get the first one, you need to be unbelievably brutal in the present day.
 chameleonf
Msg: 8
What you could have said...
Posted: 2/24/2010 10:19:46 AM
My adult daughter was having this very problem this week. She kept telling the guy (through texting) that she's not interested, is in another relationship and she's a one guy kinda girl but he kept it up. My advice at the time was to simply stop responding because he was at least getting something out of that. She chose not to but allowed herself to get to the frustration point of eventually telling him outright to F.O. Really, my best advice in these type of situations is to simply not play into the whole thing by responding - some people thrive on the "any response is better than no response" mentality, so cut them off by not playing into their game. Don't allow your own ego to be fed by knowing someone is that kind of interested in you still.
 *november babee*
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Ex's that just don't get, NO!
Posted: 2/24/2010 11:18:34 AM
if she was just bugging you for a session, just a booty call, tell her you contracted herpes.. that should send her running in the other direction, permanently.....!!
 DIVISION77
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/24/2010 1:07:54 PM
Do what your female friends recommended and be rough with her.

I was in a slightly different situation but can relate.

One client I trained for a few years got attached because of the interaction of seeing me three times per week for an hour.

She was married, two kids and I wasn't even remotely attracted to her.....

Yet, despite all of this she somehow developed an irrational "connection" to me to the point where it interferred with the professional relationship.

In the end it became almost a stalker situation and I did drop her as a client, but it took several "harsh" conversations before she finally understood I was in no way interested.......never was........never will be etc.

Some women need the blunt treatment to understand.

Do it.

Handsomelaughs
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/24/2010 1:23:36 PM
“we will keep it on the DL”

That means she wants the two of you to have sex and neither one will say anything. Keep it on the down low.
 aliveone1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2010 3:33:44 PM
What is with the super old threads being put up all the time? Can no one think of any more good questions? I hate answering these things if they are not currently relevant! I like to be on the cutting edge of things, you know? Geesh.

Um. Cut off all communication with her. That is my answer. If that doesn't work, put the restraining order back in place and call the police every time she comes by.
 daynadaze
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2010 7:24:17 PM
Why would you care about not being a dck to a psycho stalker? Tell her you died.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ex's that just don't get, NO!