Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What would you do if your partner gave you an std such as herpes or g      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ramcharger
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What would you do if your partner gave you an std such as herpes or gonorrhea but denied cheatingPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Geeeeeee.......Thanks Honey..........Whoomp There it is...divorce papers...........

Frrosty
Msg: 19
What would you do if your partner gave you an std such as herpes or gonorrhea but denied cheating
Posted: 5/13/2005 6:03:38 PM
Go to a few doctors with her and get their opinions as to how this could happen (in person).

THAT would sort of settle that discussion; I figure.

(why f*ck around right? We clear her or bust her asap so we can both get on with things.)

If she balks at this or does not tell me a neat little story that rings of truth enough to make me not want to follow through and love her for more time to come.. (she better be JRR Tolkien to make this happen).....

bye.

And take yer other guys disease back to him with ya too b*tch.
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 58
What would you do if your partner gave you an std such as herpes or gonorrhea but denied cheating
Posted: 5/13/2005 9:45:08 PM
I would ask myself a question...How fast can I load my gun? LOL

First and foremost, being an RN also, you have to protect yourself from everything out there today....
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/13/2005 10:19:11 PM
Depends on where your cars been??? lol
 SICutie
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/30/2005 8:39:58 AM
kill him then get treated for free in the prison hospital
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/30/2005 8:59:05 AM
I guess I'd sue the **stard!! Be freakin mad really. Know who your getting into bed with first. Just a thought eh??
 ManitobaGrrl
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:54:36 PM
Its very possible they came into the realtionship with those stds......just because that person has stds doesnt mean its from cheating..................I could be wrong who knows
 darlyngirl
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 9:40:25 PM
Well and the problem is too many people don't truly understand how STDs are passed- I know two people whose partners have tried to tell them that you can't pass STD's through penetration- only if the man orgasms- so he can wait and put on the condom later. This idea made me laugh- if this were the case then how would women pass-on STDs? To think of where these guys have been and what they may have contracted and then to try to convince their partners- someone was sleeping during sex-ed class (and I went to Catholic school and didn't even have sex-ed and I STILL know this)...
 HSV kitty
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/6/2009 4:00:27 PM
Valerie is correct in eqach of her posts.

Cold sores are Herpes (usually HSV 1)... and oral sex can pass it on to the genitalia .

The Herpes virus can slough cells without visible outbreaks (asymptomatic shedding) so either person may have shed the virus.

As Valerie says, Herpes is not in a Standard STD/STI panel. It will not even be tested for in Canada unless you exhibit visible symtoms and it is a scraping of cells not a blood test. (very innaccurate)

The Herpes virus can be dormant for years and not flare up. Also being the first sore may not be like the ugly pictures you have all seen in the worst case scenario pics on the net... they can look exactly like a pimple or even a slight abrasion and have gone unnoticed by either party. Certain foods, trauma, surgery or stressors may have caused the outbreak to surface with a more noticable lesion. .

You must have blood tests every 3 to 6 months while sexuually active , as it takes that long for antibodies to show up in testing . Unless you do have the newest and most expensive DNA Hepes test, the results may not be accurate .

SO, the only way you can tell if he was cheating was if you both were specifically tested several times before marriage and were found to be free and clear of HSV and still have those documents for proof.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What would you do if your partner gave you an std such as herpes or gonorrhea but denied cheating