Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > saying i love you during sex??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AwP
Msg: 4
view profile
History
saying i love you during sex??Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Do NOT let the first time you say it be during sex, that's just bad. Beyond that I agree with Rys_.
 OutMind
Msg: 9
saying i love you during sex??
Posted: 9/28/2007 6:19:25 PM
Fvck no. It demean sex. It demeans love. Say I love you first when you really mean it. Then it's yours to say. But unless you have given it meaning, don't say it. Even if I am having sex and a chic says it in the heat of the moment, for the first time, it would freak me out. I would dump her.
 pet_tech
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2007 6:21:33 PM
I just yell out my own name when I have sex with someone.
 Mzzzy
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/28/2007 10:36:40 PM
During a moment of passion a person could be outta their head.I'd let it slip by till they said it maybe later..if they wanted to..like when we was just cuddling..then they might mean it for sure.Words during passion ain't always meant.
 §püngl䧧
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/29/2007 7:39:50 AM
Not something that would come flying out of my mouth unless it was something I had said before and meant... If it came flying out of his mouth, I think I'd be a little worried! LOL I'd likely try to overlook it until I heard it at some other time...
 innocentantic
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2007 7:05:24 PM
I have been a little turned-off by this... rather bemused. That's closer to correct. A lack of response usually causes it to stay right there; an endorphin-laden exclamation. Why shouldn't we love each other, anyway? What's really freaky is if you say, "I love you, too" and you two are just not ready for that. Of course, sometimes freaky can be fun. Especially if you're in the crowd looking for one-night stands. After you screw half the city, it starts to get boring and you seek the freaks out, I hear.
 idkkitty
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2007 9:02:54 PM
OMG!!! this has happened a few times to me--for me it is a total turn off--I am going thru a divorce right now and just looking for fun--so to hear that when I am not ready is not good for me--I dont think it says FREAK---I think it may just mean in the heat of the moment it is blurted out---may work for others every one is different so take it as u will---I visited a guy 4 nights over a 2 week period and the 3rd time he said he loved me--and I was uncomfortable the whole next day but I was 2 hours away and stuck it out that night but havent called since --so maybe that is bad and maybe it wasnt meant but it can be a turn off to some people--I guess it is all how you look at your partner and the situation your looking for
 koolgirl1
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2007 10:11:52 PM
Love your reply!!!! So true wonderwoman!!!
 koolgirl1
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2007 9:24:25 AM
Loved "onanisland"'s response...so funny!!!
 textodd11
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/11/2008 3:40:56 PM
I may be wierd but, "I love you" in the middle of sex is a complete turn-off for me. Sex and love are not the same for me, they are two distinct things. When love is simply understood, that is much better. Talk dirty to me and tell me what you want me to do to you but skip the big three words.
 GREAT EXPERT 900
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/29/2008 10:20:55 PM
if the **** really good, i might throw that love word around a little bit. your brain over reacts when you're about to cum....lol
 WesternRose
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/2/2008 9:34:03 PM
Too funny...cos it happened a few nights ago.... lol...and I ignored it.... I had too... HE said it and I just ignored it.

OUCH!.... pple say things you know...and it is just raw emotion and hormones and....well... sometimes you just got to go with the flow....and take things with a grain of salt.

a guy told me he loved me a long long long very long time ago....and well...we got married like a year later...and I don't think we should of...lol...., no seriously.

anyhow.. I did have a lover who I would say I love you to...and he to me...but we kept it in context...we knew it was more of ... I love how you are making me feel right now... I love how we do what we do...etc.. ..

biggest mistake... something I have not done...is get drunk and tell someone that I loved them....they might take you seriously... make note Men.
 GreenEyesGoldenLocks
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/29/2008 12:09:25 PM
I like the rule that whatever is said/done in bed stays there and doesnt count. I have said many things in the moment that I would not say at any other time ... so me I would ignore it if I heard it in bed and hope they would do the same.
 windloverr
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 3:19:24 PM
Things happen. So much about learning is context specific; and if you've ever made love to someone you deeply love, you've felt this, and probably said it. Fast forward time, and you're with someone else in a similar situation, you may, for a millisecond, feel love for, or towards, that person.

We say, feel, and do things when we are chemically, hormonally, or endorphin charged that we would not say, feel, or do when clear headed and rational. We have ALL said and done things when we were angry that we TRULY did not feel when we had calmed down. I woke up one time with all of my clothes folded neatly in the living room. This, on some level, made sense when I was drinking! The throws of passion can be as mind altering as any drug. If we are two shakes away from a simultaneous orgasm; you could blow up the house; and I'm not going to notice; much less get upset; I'm d*mn sure not going to hold you responsible for anything you say.

I've said it, and had it said to me, in cases where otherwise it would not be appropriate. Anyone who is in complete control of whatever they say or feel while having sex, is simply way too uptight for good sex. Let it go!

What's the mantra? "COMMUNICATE" If you are afraid they took it wrong, let them know. But if it was said during sex; it was probably said during a beautiful moment; don't make them feel bad about it.

Bottom line: you cannot hold someone totally responsible for what happens in a mind altered state. If someone says "I love you" during sex, accept it for what it was; a statement in a altered state of consciousness, and move on. If you want to punish them for it, make them be on top next time.
 Willsniffurundies
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2008 3:10:26 PM
I can control what I say BEFORE I cum. WHILE I am cumming I mostly just grunt. When the women I am with cum they are lucky if they can get out 1 or 2 intelligent words. . .let alone a whole sentence like: I love you.
Yes. You can say you just said it because you were excited.
Would you sound like a freak? maybe the very first time with someone you do not really know that well. . .but then again, that is just another risk of first date sex.
This one woman I know said it to me the first time and we had only dated a couple of times and--yes--it was a bit upsetting to me as I did not know if I should return the sentiment.
Now THERE is a BETTER discussion for another : do you RETURN it?
 OldSchoolKevin
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/1/2008 3:22:34 PM
I've heard it before, you have to take it with a very large dose of salt, say enough for the city of Minneapolis
to get through the winter. Deb
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > saying i love you during sex??