Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Have you guys ever had any good experiences here or other sites?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 genegem
Msg: 2
Have you guys ever had any good experiences here or other sites?Page 1 of 1    
Have had some beautiful experiences over the years from dating sites locally ... several ladies became lifetime friends. Not every guy wants to jump a woman's bones within 5 minutes or 5 hours ... so don't give up. Edison had thousands of attempts before he produce electric light we today take for granted ... if he'd given up after 5 or 10 or 100 attempts we'd be using candles or sitting in the dark.

“May the love hidden deep inside your heart
find the love waiting in your dreams.
May the laughter that you find in your tomorrow
wipe away the pain you find in your yesterdays.”
 TedJMill
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Have you guys ever had any good experiences here or other sites?
Posted: 9/29/2007 7:29:01 AM
I met a woman I like on another site (Singlesnet); she's actually the one who first contacted me. It's been pretty casual dating so far, a few dinner dates with hand-holding and quick kisses (which is about my speed), but I like her and am comfortable with her, and she's made references to long-term possibilities.
 pet_tech
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2007 10:28:24 AM
Here.. not yet... I will though.. no doubt.

Other places.. yap.
 mateo45
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 9:24:50 AM
Have met some interesting folks and had some good experiences with other, mostly pay sites, with no real bad experiences with online dating, just some assorted "strangeness".

There may be a few exceptions on "free" sites like POF, but mostly I get the impression that there's alot more women here who really aren't that sure about "dating" to begin with, but they still want to "throw their hook in the water" and see what bites.

So on balance, I think you probably do get what you pay for.
 Glo1954
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 9:35:05 AM
If you give it up the first time they wont call you again!They will move on to the next girl over and over again to see how many women they can sleep with!If you dont give it up first date they will play you untill you give it up! then never call you again so have fun untill you give it up that has been my experience on this site
 setuid
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 10:01:08 AM
It's really creepy and annoying, and I don't know why I get those kind of people, my profile isn't um sexual or anything in the least.

Lacking any sort of question in your post, I'll go based on the thread title.

"Have you guys ever had any good experiences here or other sites?"

Most-definitely not.

I have not yet had a single good experience meeting anyone on any online dating site.. yet. That includes over email, IM, phone or in-person.

But I remain hopeful that there maybe that 1:1000 out there that is what I would consider myself compatible with and find some chemistry with.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Have you guys ever had any good experiences here or other sites?