Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Why are older men so SEX oriented???????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 djc02359
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Why are older men so SEX oriented???????Page 1 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
wouldn't mind meeting some sex oriented guys right now..or ANY guys for that matter. I'm living in Germany and tried to post a new thread but I keep getting kicked out..So, if any of those SEX oriented men are planning a trip- come to Dresden. I'm lonely.
 almost_elvis
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Why are older men so SEX oriented???????
Posted: 10/3/2007 11:45:48 AM
Before Viagara came out, the consensus at that time was that ED was mostly psychological. Suddenly ED was related to plumbing and Viagara was the solution. Many men must have found a new lease on life and their female partners were often being quoted in the media as asking why the "old goat" won't finally give them some peace in their post menopausal life (before HRT gained popularity).

My guess is that men still have a lingering suspicion that many women after a certain age want a relationship without (as much) sex.

Older male POF members who try prying out answers from their potential female partners early in the dating process may be trying to get the good or bad news as soon as possible.

I also belong to another dating site which has over a million french-canadian members. Sex in this latin rooted culture is not as taboo as elsewhere in North America. On this website, one can choose, unlike POF, more than one specific type of relationship at a time (like L.T.) , and the french word "sexualite" is part of the pull down menu. "Sexualite" as a french word does not translate to sexuality - (looking for sex), as with the POF Intimate Encounters section. It simply means that the member still considers sex to be an intrinsic part of their life.

Depending on the age of member, indicating "sexualite" on that dating site offers different interpretations. For an older member, it means that they haven't lost interest. For a younger member, it means that sex is a primary component in their lifestyle, since young people are inherently sexual, having not suffered yet from the ravages of old age.

POF is surprisingly conservative in not letting its members indicate in a binary searchable form with a pull down menu answer that reveals a bit about their financial situation, the degree of their sexuality, the exact number of children they have, their level of schooling, etc.

Is it any wonder that members are in a hurry to discover what they consider to be important information on the first date?
 moraima
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2007 1:42:02 PM
I find that most men are intelligent enough not to try to force the subject of sex right away.

I have a theory that most of the men who do are the men who are used to being rejected no matter what they do to get a women into bed, so they figure why not just be obnoxious about it.
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/3/2007 3:41:06 PM
I have exchanged email with a few women on here where there was never anything sexual mentioned by either of us. I would never send an initial email proclaiming my lust for a woman. Some people have no class no matter if its online or offline.
I must say one thing though. I hate sex and if there are any women on here that feel they can change my mind feel free to send me an email !!!!!!

PS...... if you plan on sending me an email because take the last sentence as being serious and not a joke ,,,,,,, save your time and mine LOL
 Obi_Blonde_Kenobi
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2007 4:57:13 PM
Hi, Minnow

I think maybe that's a generalization, though it could be that you're just one of those wingnut magnets. *smile* Most men, to be sure, are "sex oriented", we just approach it differently, but our stimulus is different - men are more visual and all that. I think maybe a more accurate question would be why do some people feel entitled to take such liberties with total strangers online? The answer could be as simple as the fact that some feel safe to pursue their impulses behind the anonymity of a computer because they never have any true intentions of meeting you. Of course, there are always going to be people who will also pursue any opportunity. The good news is, we all have options. We can choose to not respond or simply block that person.

I've only had one contact that I feel is pushing the envelope with me. Granted, I've only been on the site since Sunday, but I have found most of the men to be exceedingly respectful, witty and engaging. Now, if I can just find the right one! Good luck to you, and don't forget that block option - it's a good one!
 SueCat51
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2007 6:47:38 PM
OP - first thing that raised my eyebrows is "open mind" in your profile. Basically, that will attract fellas that think with the little head and not the big one. Bear in mind, there are those that have sex constantly on their mind. Those you do want to steer clear from.

What makes me giggle like a school girl, are the Morons that talk about sex constantly, yet when it comes to "performance", they just can't seem to get it up Kind of makes you wonder are they nothing but a douche bag of air.
 Obi_Blonde_Kenobi
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2007 7:03:16 PM
May I take back what I said about the exceedingly respectful men? LOL I just had a conversation with the one I told ya'll about... and I tried to explain that he came on too strong, too fast. He started out okay... said his feelings were hurt and he didn't mean to "scare" me, but I could feel his temper rising as we talked. He attributed it to my age. I tried to explain why, he thought he was paying me a "heartfelt compliment" by telling me that:

1. I have "a LOT of sex appeal - for my age"
2. He's "been without" for a long time
3. He wanted to "be with me"
4. He's been dating younger women and is trying to make a change

Last night he left me a message that if I wanted to "be happy" he was the one I should contact. I tried to explain that a better approach MIGHT have been that he found me attractive and would like to get to know me better.

In short, he has decided that older women are simply too complicated, and of course I got the "good luck, baby" parting shot and not to let MY past experiences interfere with love. I suggested that perhaps he was right to date younger women. So, my opinion is, that the maturity and depth of some people - and not just men - cannot be measured by their chronilogical age.
 djc02359
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2007 8:07:05 PM
well, Arte..Oktoberfest would be the time, then, wouldn't it??
 djc02359
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2007 8:18:19 PM
Sex Schmexxxx, OP..what's the big deal?? What's wrong with being desired??? I'd worry more if a man didn't want to have sex with me. If you aren't interested (yet, or ever) then just TELL him! We need to use our WORDS, ladies!! If he won't take no for an answer, then you probably don't like him anyways.

I'm no sultry temptress, nor am I a nymphomaniac, but sex is a perfectly healthy part of Life- and I wouldn't want a relationship that doesn't include it.

And then there are those women who complain just to brag about how desirable they are..not saying you're one of them, OP.
 Obi_Blonde_Kenobi
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2007 8:34:59 PM

but sex is a perfectly healthy part of Life- and I wouldn't want a relationship that doesn't include it.

Well, yeah, but it shouldn't be the first thing that spills out of a man's mouth. I don't think Minnow meant to imply that sex isn't important or that she doesn't desire sex as part of an intimate, meaningful relationship. Maybe it's just me... I just get really turned off when a total stranger wants to start discussing sex before they even know what my name is!
 moraima
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2007 9:29:55 PM
" just get really turned off when a total stranger wants to start discussing sex before they even know what my name is! "

I too am not interested in boinking every man in my line of sight, not am I interested in men who want to boink everything that is breathing............this is a real turn off.
 manfromtheland
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/3/2007 10:45:51 PM
Very interesting thread but scary to think that so much scrutiny is given to profiles. When I read one I don’t assume so much. All the more reason to ease into a dialogue and feel each “out“, “up” can cum later.
Everyone has they’re personal agenda in life especially when it comes to relationships. Just gotta weed through the pile till you find your gem. Meantime ,,, why complain about anyone since none of it is any surprise…….
 bizeebee
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2007 6:52:41 AM
It seems to me that some people feel free to behave outrageously or express things in emails that would never fly IRL. For instance if we struck up a conversation in line at the supermarket I doubt anyone would ask about my favorite sex position on the spot. I have however been asked that question in a first email or IM. That is the primary reason I am not "looking" online anymore. Just here for the forums and to make friends.
BZB
 Ron9
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/4/2007 3:18:29 PM
Why are older women so SEX oriented???????

I will now add the disclaimer (generalization buster) to the first line.

Why are ************SO MANY************ older women so SEX oriented???????

There we go.
 semilucid
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/4/2007 6:59:15 PM
If somebody screwed em good ,,maybe they'd quit ****in so much
 brock11
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/4/2007 9:58:44 PM
I thought it was the younger men that only care about sex.
 whitefirelillie
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2007 8:37:12 PM
Slow down? Lots Of Women are the same way and just do not want to admit to this side of life. 45 and above is not that old, still kid at heart!
 idahosun
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2007 6:33:40 PM
peterjol:Well someone forgot to tell my ex wife to slow down a bit after we got married.... she just wanted more and more.

Must have had something to do with your name????
 manfromtheland
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/6/2007 11:45:14 PM
She’s right about the moose milk …..apparently it’s a highly nutritious aphrodisiac. It gets you high and horny. And yes there are people that do it.
 moraima
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2007 7:28:16 AM
This type of thing happened to me once on a first date. We had chatted frequently via message and on the phone and he had been a complete gentleman.

Halfway through dinner he started to talk and grab at me inapproapriately, but he tried to be cute (?) at the same time. It was like dealing with an immature 12 year old. I slapped his hand a few times, then told me straight up that he was going to get hurt if he didn't stop. His answer was that his late wife used to tell him that she didn't like it when he acted like that, but after he did it for awhile, she always gave in. Was that story bs, or did he like that all women didn't really want to have sex but if they were bugged enough they would give in. Like I said he had the sexual mind of a 12 yr. old even though he was mid 50's. (Needless to say there was no second date )
 NatGoat
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/7/2007 10:48:26 AM
....Because, like many Women . . we find Sex _Pleasurable_ . . !!!
BUT . . {personally} . . I'm not looking for sex..just for the self-gratification !!
I want it as a Bonding element . . in a Loving Relationship . . !! . . . .
In _9_ years alone . . I've only had 5 _Dates_ . . and I'm STILL a 'Born-again Virgin' !!
I want to be Proud of having O N E Lady
. . that is proud to have me . . as her One-And-Only . . !!! . .
 moraima
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2007 12:15:32 PM
I assume that most of us are sex oriented. However, most of us aren't rude about it.

If we were, we might as well just stand on the street corners with signs saying "Who want to do me next, form a line to the right".
 moraima
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2007 5:48:03 PM
"when a woman runs into a single woman she has not seen in a while, she will probably ask her "Are you in a relationship?"

A man running into a single man he has not talked to in a while will ask "Are you getting any?" no matter what the single man's age.

These simple contrasting scenarios illustrate a profound difference between men and women. "

Huh?????????? I have never in all my years of being single been asked by another women who hasn't seen me in a while if I am in a relationship.

I can't speak for men but asking a man if he is getting any sounds very high school.
Men who jump in and try to get sex from a women asap are very high scool, so I guess it fits that they would ask that question.
 manfromtheland
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/9/2007 12:17:19 AM
Most of the guys I know in their 40's would think I was stupid if the first thing I asked them after not meeting in a while. Hey dude , are you getting any? I think this a bad presumption since it assumes that men, "no Matter what age" are less honorable than women because they think about nothing but sex. A better explanation might be that men are more apt to separate sex from emotions and approach each as a separate issue. Women don't have this "separation" but it seems to me that both circumstances are equally valuable and necessary. A "strong" man doesn't go around being all emotional so he therefore has to separate sex. A "good woman" doesn't separate sex from what makes her emotionally beautiful since she might then become promiscuous.
 LilFoxFire
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/9/2007 7:42:50 AM
Well, yeah, but it shouldn't be the first thing that spills out of a man's mouth. I don't think Minnow meant to imply that sex isn't important or that she doesn't desire sex as part of an intimate, meaningful relationship. Maybe it's just me... I just get really turned off when a total stranger wants to start discussing sex before they even know what my name is!

I agree ,sex is very important in a realationship ,but to say it's only the men that let their thoughts spill out is inaccurate. Some of you ladies should read profiles of other ladies here on POF. "Whew wee"! Such sex crazed women letting the world in on their desires ,shocks Satan himself.

No,I'm an angel!

Yeah,women,not all do ,but so many act like their only a piece of meat interviewing men for sex and many are married.....Criteria listed in their profiles men must meet... Once interviewd I guess they give the men a trial run by process of elmination.... Wonder how many men they try out before realizing they have the same thing at home? Dang dirty old men and women!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Why are older men so SEX oriented???????