Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Daughter fallin' in love with my boyfriend      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mamacujo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Daughter fallin' in love with my boyfriendPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
This forum topic is no more "crazy trailer stuff" then the dozens of forum topics that are the same questions just worded diffrently. Its refreshing to me when "the deleters" actually let a new, real life question stand.

Now as far as the situation goes, you are the mom and it your house. Talk to your daughter and make her dress accordingly in his presence. Has she told you shes in love with him? If shes disrespecting you infront of him then you should be busting her chops right when she does it, now that she sees your just letting it go shes feeling a little big for her britches.

Sit him down and inform him he is fueling the fire by buying her stiff. I to do believe that this man could be eatting this up and secertly liking and encouraging her when you are not around. I can understand him wanting her to like him if you and him are serious but he don't need to buy her affection, he should be buying you things. If she truely is making him uncomfortable any 35 year old man whos truely not liking this would be setting her straight fast. Sounds to me like you may want to watch him a bit more closely with her, look a little harder at what you might be missing.
 Ron9
Msg: 17
Daughter fallin' in love with my boyfriend
Posted: 10/3/2007 8:26:48 PM
She will get over it.

When I was about thirteen ....... I wanted to do my Dad’s 26 yo girlfriend ***REALLY BAD***
 curlygrl
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/3/2007 8:59:02 PM
Honey - you got lots of drama.
Your not single and not looking.
Your dating.
Your daughter likes your boyfriend.
I think your bored.
Oh and Fred up there- she is from Sweden.

curlygrl~
 finandfine
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2007 9:27:07 PM
Ok, what’s on my mind here is, if he is buying her everything she points at.. WHAT is he buying you? i.e Everything you point at??? HUMMM??????????? Think hard NOW, and I think you will have your answer............

I have seen this many time’s with older gals with younger guy’s were ether a Daughter or Son start fallin' in love with girl friend or boy friend…. YES I am saying it goes on both ways, I seen more with couples were the girl friend dose more for the boy friends son then the so called boy friend.. I’ve seen it both ways in my life,, the funny part is, the other partner will never look at it because they don’t what to believe it….. Then they do: TO LATE!

Don’t get me wrong it may all be ok and not the case at all, TAKE off there blinders and pay very close attention as to what is really going on!!! Mean thing to do now is talk to here and DO NOT let her run your life, take charge now,,, before she ends up making you something you nor her are ready to be……………if not with your b/f it will be some other older guy… Her would not go to jail, as last I heard the legal age is 16, in Canada. Unless I lot all sense of time.

eyes open
NOW!!---!!!
ooxxoo
Arnold
 captainbaud
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/4/2007 12:58:50 PM
A mother-daughter duo is a dream to many....
 Longboy11
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Daughter fallin' in love with my boyfriiend
Posted: 10/4/2007 2:54:05 PM
If you wanna find out how fast this guy is going to date and play with your daughter, just say these magic words to him: "I'm gonna break it off with you and lets go our separate ways". Then the second half of this nonsense starts.
 curlygrl
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/4/2007 5:40:00 PM
Damn Guess- this is just plain mean.
Look, you have a history here of Jerry Springer threads.
How do you expect people to respond. If your life is really like
this, I suggest you either keep it to yourself and form your own
opinions and not ask for advice because you don't like what
your hearing here.
You, as her mother need to talk to her and him in the same room at
the same tim so you can see both their reactions.
Why - I will tell you why. I had a friend who got married for the second
time- long story short- the husband was having sex with the 17 year old
step daughter. The authorities could do nothing, don't ask me why
I do not know. She is now 18 and they live together in an apartment
and my friend is raising twin girls she had with him now alone.
You need to confront this as a mother- get stepping on this and don't
worry about what people have to say here. Clean your house.

curlygrl~
 finandfine
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2007 11:35:08 PM
FOOD for Thought!

Got to thinking about this thread last night. Were not a fly on the wall after all.

lets for one minute, turn this around. Is it possible that your Daughter just may feel comfortable around your boy friend as if It was her own mom and dad sitting there, possible? She like any other Daughter around her mom and dad sister’s an brothers in a healthy family and maybe add in a real good adult friend, Daughter/s brother/s are walking around scantily dressed. Would you all be posting so negatively and judgmental? I think not…. After all it’s very healthy if she is comfortable with her sexuality.
 finandfine
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2007 12:05:42 AM
are you taken to me? what is btw?

i know this post is a total fake, saw it long ago, but hell
 finandfine
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2007 10:42:20 AM
Come on people, can you not see this woman/man???? That is running this thread is just a scammer or just someone out for all this supper attention, (as I Think) look at her history. I see people like this on another site an there all from over sea’s or out of the USA or Canada. As he/she?? Is from. She’s loving it. Do you really think someone with any respect would not post something like this on the World Wide Web if they were for real. My vote it to delete her/him??

Best of all she’s hiding behind her profile with no pic, like a good percentage of the members on here. To me one pic should be mandatory with a verified id card faxed to the site staff at sine up.. I feel no pic your a game player or hiding something witch I see piss’s a lot of good people off on this site.

Hell if I had a profile with no pic hell I could have a lot of fun too. Hell do a search on your matches and you get 70 pages, limit the search too photos only and your lucky to have 3 pages left. To me if a profile dose not have a pic I don’t waste my time..

A mandatory photo would stop all this crap. If you like this crap go to myspac**dotcom and you have a 1000 of these dead leads a day.
 ladyc4
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/5/2007 2:56:42 PM
Yanno, this may well be a "troll", "Jerry Springeresque", whatever...
But I am sure that the situation DOES arise in situations where teenage or young adult kids are living with a parent who is dating someone who might be a bit younger, or maybe even if the boy or girl friend ISN'T a bit younger. It might be something for you who have teenage or young adult kids at home or living nearby. I'm told my grandma married my aunt's boyfriend, to keep my aunt from making a bad marriage,even though Grandma loved another man! Go figure. ( They are all passed on now, so no way to verify, this comes from another aunt, the middle child in my Mom's family.)
These things DO happen, and it's good to get people thinking about it.
Cindy O
 paula_playful
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/6/2007 11:32:24 AM
and did you know that they are bumping uglies behind your back...how cool is that
 TitusBreast
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/30/2007 11:03:01 AM
Oh God! Disastrous! Shipwreck! Heinous! Awful! That's terrible! Love, Titus
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Daughter fallin' in love with my boyfriend