Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dumbest thing said to you during a chat/date.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SwampHunter
Msg: 5
Dumbest thing said to you during a chat/date.Page 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
The dumbest thing? lol

Well - sometimes I get in one of my moods, and just for fun, when women IM me here on POF, and they ask me what my name is, I tell them it's "Master"! lol

Then, they either immediately get the joke, or they spend the rest of the conversation saying things like "so Master, do you like a nice backrub?" or "Master, do you like Italian"? lol! :)

Of course there was one who said "Oh, I see. Well - ropes, restraints, or handcuffs?" lol!
 packagedealx3
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Dumbest thing said to you during a chat/date.
Posted: 10/4/2007 7:55:09 AM
Met a guy at the movies. Took my shoes off at one point, and when I put them back on, he told me to take them back off, he had a foot fetish.
 HeyItsBeej
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/4/2007 11:18:16 AM
A few years ago, I was talking to someone via IM. It was my first conversation with him - basic, friendly chit-chat. After about an hour, he said, "Well, since it looks like I'll be sleeping all by my lonesome, I think I'm going to sign off, go to bed and jack off."

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....k.
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/4/2007 4:19:47 PM
Bethlet I'm sorry, I won't message you again, I promise ........ Ok people it really wasn't me....... at least I don't think it was

I had an IM on yahoo from a woman once, we were just chatting about the usual BS when she asked "are you married" ,,,,,,,,,,, I asked her "Does it mattered to you if I am?".......... she said "no" ........I said "wrong answer, CYA!!!! "
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/4/2007 7:51:33 PM
hey Tony

"Wow hes not to suave. heres one of me conversations"

If not wanting to talking to women who would cheat on their man or would try hitting on a married man isn't suave, I'm proud to say I'm not suave !!!!!!
 SwampHunter
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/5/2007 5:50:28 AM

Um, Swamphunter... I believe I said "oh you must mean MISTER"... yeah? lol

Ha! Yes you did - and I told you - that's an "A" not and "I"!

It's great to see your pretty face back on the forums Miss Immanoodlenow!

You must be feeling better, bless your sweet heart :) Now just stay that way!
 sammyle
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/5/2007 6:48:46 AM
I have much respect for you-thank you-:) I wish the world had more people like you hobbespm.
 Wullis
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2007 7:00:24 AM
To the Op ...........Where were his standards before, fantasy land......that smile is top shelf!!

Said to me.......after spending the night at her apartment (maybe 8th date) and wondering how I managed to snag such a pretty, sophisticated, and intelligent woman.
She let her ****atoo out of its cage and it flew directly to me and landed on my shoulder. She started jumping up and down with glee(literaly) and said "Oh my god, he has never went to a man before, it is destiny, we will have to get married." I laughed, but by breakfast I realized she was serious when she asked the bird if it wanted daddy to feed it. And said she could never have children because the bird was her child and she wouldn't hurt its feelings or make it compete for her affections.

Of course if this was I said, I could fill the page. I sometimes have a case of open mouth rotate feet. HAHAHAHA
 RidingRich
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/5/2007 7:34:00 AM
I think one of the weird side effects to shaving my head is it brings out the racist in a lot of people, at which point I'm usually like "oh wow, look at the time, well, I have to get going now"

I think one of the funniest openers I've had came from this site. Someone messaged me "I just had to write you and say Hi, anyone with this much attitude just has to be hung like godzilla"

I just thought, yeah, hey, no thanks. You called it right on the nose, but nope no thank you.

So I replied "Mom?"

Westlin
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/7/2007 1:57:21 PM
I don't think I can top some of the things on this thread (but then again, I have had some wild things said to me LOL) BUT recently while talking to a guy on the phone, he was suggesting we go out to dinner and then I could stay at his house overnight so I wouldn't have to drive back late at night. He reassured me it wasn't about sex at all just the house is SO empty, etc. So I said, well I do have to think it might be about sex when you invite me to spend the night at your house (the drive is really easy, only about 20 minutes so that isn't a great reason to need to spend the night) and you are a guy--guys sometimes think an invitation to spend the night is a great chance to be sexual--well, he chokes up, tells me I made him cry because he isn't like that, he really, really, really isn't--he is going to be crying all night now because I said he might be a guy and interested in sex. Incidentally, when I suggested we could go out and me NOT spend the night, he said absolutely not--I HAD to spend the night-there was no other option. If it's not about a chance for sex, why do I HAVE to spend the night (and we have only met for lunch before)??? Me thinks I smell a rat :)
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/7/2007 9:03:58 PM
Back in the day when I actually dated, I agreed to travel to meet halfway which landed us on the Oregon Coast. That was perfect. Separate hotels, etc., but a nice way to maybe start something. The second day he seemed a little "odd" ~ I just sort of ignored it, did the touristy stuff, etc. At dinner, out of the blue he said, "I left my meds at home, my bi-polarism is really kicking in right now." Oh dear me....the grandure of the Pacific couldn't even remove that comment. Thankfully I had an emergency at home and had to exit stage left in a hurry. Always have an exit plan.
 idahosun
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2007 11:00:02 PM
Don't know if it's dumb or just unbelievably creepy - but while chatting on line, I wrote "so tell me a secret about yourself.." dumb on my part ----creepy on his part was "my penis is____ inches...." ok, like I really wanted to know that, not.
 ROMANCE FOR YOU
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2007 1:36:35 AM
Wow, good for you man for having the humor and strength to relate your story in front of thousands of men and women. Don't worry Blueberryman if your penis is small because you obviously have bigger balls than most of us! :)
 MONEMPERER
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/8/2007 4:09:22 AM
I was at a concert and it was at the beginning of the concert it had not started yet. I was talking with one of my friends about a stabbing that happened to me a couple weeks earlier and some girl in front of us looks me straight in the eye and goes "does being stabbed hurt"?. I was like take a sharp pointy object and poke yourself really hard with it and tell me.
 OutMind
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/28/2007 8:23:37 AM
My ex drives a red Ferrari. He kept it in the settlement. What do you drive?
 loveseeker2
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2007 10:42:34 AM
Did anyone ever tell you that you look Chinese? (Take a look at my picture. )
 thebevy
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2007 3:58:34 PM
Whoa broward. As I recall, you work by contract. Freelance. Nothing wrong with that. Provided me a great living.

Sad that others are too quick to categorize...
 nexthyme
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2007 6:02:45 PM
Ok, here goes, I still remember this like yesterday, and it happened well over 5 yrs ago.

This guy ask me to dinner, I accepted, and met him at the restaurant he chose. I get there he tells me I look fabulous... Then he asks me if I really want to eat... Ummm yeah, set the date up for a dinner...

He then says well ok, go ahead I already ate.

He then launches into this thing about how good looking I am and that he wants to do me in the corner of the parking lot...

I was in shock someone would be that extremely rude, so I continued eating...

He then asked me if I would eat faster... LIKE NO!!

Fianlly he says well how about he drive me to his place, ya know in case I changed my mind.. Yeah not leaving my car hear A$$hole...

So get done, and head out the door tell him to LEAD THE WAY... So I know he is really really worked up... YA KNOW...

He gets to where he turns off to his road, and funny thing happened I just kept on going straight....

LMAO

I get this beyond pissed of message in my e mail box when I got home...

Dang, what do ya know, a woman totally turned off by a guy thinking she was just a quick or not so quick lay on a first date.... GEEZ!!!!!!!
 nexthyme
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 12:31:14 PM
Solarpanel, I am not sure why someone asking why you don't drive should be a bad question.

I would ask someone if they didn't drive the reason why. It isn't a judgment call, or a I don't want to know you kind of question, but rather a get to know you...Call me niave, but that just seems like a normal question....Well unless you live in London City or NYC, which goes without saying.

I have seen another post about how offensive it is if a person or woman asks if you own a car, what you do for work, and if you live with your mother question.

For pete sake, I don't have an issue with what a person drives, but yes it is nice if they do. I don't care what kind of job a person has, but them having a source of income is something I have found important in a ltr. I have also found that if a guy past the age of 25 is living with dear ol mum, that it better be to help her out, and not because she is supporting him.

Part of getting to know each other is well getting to know each other, and finding out what makes the other tick. If someone doesn't drive that is important information, I would want to know if you have agrophobia. Perhaps so many DWI's that you are lucky not to be locked up.

ANYWAY, just curious what that is so offensive????
 ssirishchick
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 4:56:36 PM
"I'm impotent"...........then in the next email, "you don't look like you are in tip-top shape, and you sound selfish." LOL!!!!!!!!!
 Ignoble
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2007 6:58:11 AM
Hahahaha thats excellent, keep up the good work lass.
 braveheart106
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/30/2007 7:56:05 AM
I have some good ones, but one very similar to the OP. Met this gal in Boston after 1 week of yahoo'ing. She told me that because all the good looking guys are jerks, she decided not to date any good looking guy and lower her standards in everyway; overheard by some tables next to me.

This gal was very pretty, had only a High School and told me that I was slacking since I had put my PHd on hold. Explained to her I was deployed overseas for 5 months but she still thought I was a slacker; not sure where she even got that idea.

Anyways during the date she asked me if I would bring her on a vacation so we can get to know each other (she was not joking). Needless to say there were no 2nd dates.

She lives close so sometimes we still see each other at dunkins or trader joes.

More to come ...
 swtsunlvr
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2007 5:06:37 PM
I know this isn't the proper place to ask this,but,since it was in regards to chatting,I was wondering how you chat on POF??
Thanks...M.
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/31/2007 12:20:08 AM
I called my date an idiot.

On the first date.

Why?

She compared George W. Bush favorably to John F. Kennedy.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 102
Posted: 1/2/2008 1:31:30 PM
Once a guy invited me to a party and I mentioned how I think dogs are psychic. All conversation stopped and they sat staring at me for a full minute. "Should I not have said that the first time I met you?"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dumbest thing said to you during a chat/date.