Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Re: Interracial dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tcky123
Msg: 3
Re: Interracial datingPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
op do a search on asian men.
 singlebookgeek
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/20/2006 1:52:19 AM
Dude,

I have dated women of all races, and therefore they've dated an Asian guy.

The good? You already removed all Racists from the mix. I find it scary that racism even occurs in Canada, but it's there. Don't believe me my fellow Asian friend? Read Freakonomics, it has one part about dating mixed races. Something like 70% of white women on internet dating sites will check off "don't care about race" but will secretly care.

Yow!

The Bad: There are girls who ONLY date Asian Guys. Again I find that really wierd. Really.
 ima_gin
Msg: 6
Interracial dating
Posted: 9/27/2006 1:06:28 AM
Well, I wouldn't date an Asian man because I don't swing that way Asian women I try to avoid because I know their family probably would never accept me. Actually I've only dated white women.. but different mixtures of white like irish, italian, russian, native american etc. Hey I count those as races too! I think I'll keep dating them because they are amazingly cute

Ok, I got bashed and labelled "Racist!" for saying this once before, but I don't think I can honestly date someone from a different background/culture than myself..it's too weird for me. I'd be open to being friends, and having sex, but probably not getting serious. Does that make me a "bad person"...maybe. Do I care? Hmm.. not so much.
 ima_gin
Msg: 7
Interracial dating
Posted: 9/27/2006 8:04:40 PM
You also can't spell KARMA, poeticalbeauty.

My ex already left me for a black man. This is the last "racism" thread I respond to, everyone is so whiney about it. Everyone loves to come down on a white man who knows what he wants in life. Hey, I am who I am...deal with it.
 lilmslefty
Msg: 8
Re: Interracial dating
Posted: 9/29/2006 10:26:47 PM
I'm a single Black female that has dated Caucasian guys since high school. They were the ones that asked me out then, and still ask me out now.Hey, you go with whom makes you happy, whom you share common interests with.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2006 2:48:36 AM
Holy crap!!!!! Did I fall into the 1920's when i wasn't looking? :-S Is race really n issue here still? Culture i could see, but race? I'm gonna go shake my head for an couple hours.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2006 12:10:40 PM
It might be some of the OLD south still hanging on there Ivory. Not that there aren't bigots everywhere. You can't dismiss every claim of I only date within my race as racist though. They could simply have a preferences as one guy will go nuts for a pale redhead and another still will not be interested at all even within the same race. Sure it sucks but you have to remember that being the best person you can be is all the validation you need, if someone doesn't want you for any reason either you would never have been compatible or they have limited their own choices and missed an opportunity that could have been good for them.
 MDNinja
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/20/2006 7:59:40 PM
I don't really see what the problem is, most asian guy I've known, have all dated fantastic women.
 luvcats2475
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 10/24/2006 12:47:50 PM
I don't see a problem with it. Although, I am 3/4 Italian and German my family only wanted me to date italian men (since my father's side was italian) I would love to date an asian woman. I have friends who date asian men and it is soley based on compatible interests and attraction. I am open to mixed races as long as there is a mutual agreement and no conflicts amongst religious beliefs since that may be an issue among different races. The only problem I had ever was with the catholic upbringing although I am no longer a practicing catholic. Good luck!
 luvcats2475
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2006 1:02:35 PM
Hey Wilde69 onlly 80% serial killers are white males??? Statistics show (87%) the average serial killer is a white male between the ages of 27-52. They usually start at about 27 with their first victims although they usually start out with torturing animals at a much younger age here are some statistics I pulled from the web for a college paper I wrote in a psych class:

Serial Killer Statistics:
- The USA has 76% of the worlds Serial Killers
- Europe, in second has 17% of the worlds Serial Killers
- 84% of American killers are Caucasian
- 16% of American killers are black
- Men make up at least 90% of Serial Killers
- Yet 65% of victims are female
- 89% of victims are white
- 44% of all killers start in their twenties
- 26% of all killers start in their teens
- And 24% of all killers start in their thirties
- Out of all killers, 86% are heterosexual

"According to Hickey's 1997 database of approximately 399 serial killers, the average age of the murderer at the time of the first killing was 27.5 years, and they typically were white males. Criminologists James A. Fox and Jack Levin (2001) found that males made up more than 90 percent of the sample. Seventy-three percent of male offenders were white, 22 percent were African-American, and the remainder were of different ethnic groups. Fox and Levin report that the researcher Grover Godwin's 1999 database of 107 serial killers revealed an average age of thirty. Ninety-five percent were males, 5 percent were females, and 16 percent were African-American. Godwin also found that only 4 percent of his sample graduated with a bachelor's degree, while most were employed in blue-collar jobs. Victims were 67 percent female, with children, prostitutes, and the elderly as other preferred victim categories, although 20 percent of Godwin's sample were males who had additionally been raped by their attackers"

Hope you aren't saying you may be a Ted Bundy based on your profile I would revamp your post if you know what I mean??? Hmmm it would question me to stay away from you
 misticspear
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/29/2007 8:19:10 AM
I dont think the issue is so much the race but sometimes the sterio-types to go with them. I find something about every race that i find attractive (although i really like latinos) however i find that after talking to some females who prefer black males i find they want the "thuggish rugish bone" where i did grow up around that kind of stuff, its just not me. That makes it kind of akward because i have talkedto women who say they dont date black men but after talking to me reconsidered. But thats just me
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Re: Interracial dating