Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Tobacco Patches- worked for anyone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Boovaldave
Msg: 1
Tobacco Patches- worked for anyone?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I am on day 3 of quitting the smokes, using patches.
Has anyone else used these, how long for, how long till I stop wanting a smoke.
They certainly have helped so far, I have surprised myself.
The lady at the shop is fearing with bankruptcy after I only bought chewing gum.
Still she will find other idiots to peddle her poison, filthy dirty smelly money wasting finger staining bad breath causing evil to.

Expect much posting as I do this instead of my usual 25 smokes a night.

aargh
 Fairybread
Msg: 2
Tobacco Patches- worked for anyone?
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:03:54 AM
Patches don't work for me. I'm allergic to the glue. But I am not an idiot even tho I do still smoke. It's all about choices, you have a choice to quit, I have a choice to smoke. My fingers aren't stained, I don't have bad breath, and I am not evil.

Smoking isn't wasting money, it is keeping many people employed. What would the people in the quit campaign do for a living if we all quit? They'd move onto the beer drinkers and so forth. Eventually everyone will get their way and we will be drinking bottled water and wearing gas masks.
 The Ram
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:08:22 AM
Are you kidding?
all the patches do is bleed your pocket faster...IT'S STILL NICOTINE!

ITS THE NEW ANGLE FOR TOBACCO COMPANIES TO GET AROUND THE ANTI- ADVERTISING LAWS...!!!!
IT IS SOOO TRANSPARENT, BUT "LEGAL".....

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND LOOK UP THE NEAREST "NLP" THERAPIST, AND THEN LET US KNOW WHAT YOUR RESULTS ARE.......

GOOD LUCK, COZ, YOURE GOING TO NEED IT...IF YOU BELIEVE PATCHES WILL HELP YOU....
 Boovaldave
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:11:57 AM
After buying my 2nd packet of 40 in one day I decided enough was enough.
the commentary on the evils is part of my self hypnosis.

I have been spending a lot of time at the gym, getting fit.
I would walk outside and Light up instantly.

I can only speak for my own insanity I cannot and will not comment on others.
 The Ram
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:14:06 AM
AND YOURE RIGHT DAVE, ONLY IDIOTS SMOKE...WHETHER ITS A MATTER OF CHOICE OR NOT...
AS A GENIUS OF THE SILVER HOLLYWOOD SCREEN, ONCE SAID (FOREST GUMP..hehehee)...

STUPID IS,
STUPID DOES.........

Boovaldave
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:19:30 AM
Is nicotine when delivered safely and without all the tar and poisions from smoking actually that bad for a person?
 Firestorm66
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:26:48 AM
Dave patches definitely worked for me. I stopped smoking in March last year. True, I fell off the wagon a couple of times when out drinking and having fun with friends, but those indiscretions never carried over to the next day and I haven't had any since the middle of December last year.

The patches helped with the cravings, but the actual 'giving up' - that has to come from within. OK, so no one would come near me for the first month or so (I was just slightly snappy tom ), but hey, it was all in a good cause.

Congratulations for getting this far and good luck!!!!
 serenex
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:28:31 AM
They suck ar$e 4 months cold turkey
 Cinder_ella
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:29:29 AM
I went cold turkey from a pack a day (jumped in the freezer ).
 atalia
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:29:54 AM
sold plenty in the pharmacy, heaps of people swear by them, as long as you can handle the weird dreams
 Boovaldave
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:51:28 AM
The dreams are the best part so far.

Never dreamed in 3D before.

Maybe its the diet as well, lots of giant marshmellows

Seem to be losing pillows though, is this normal?
 serenex
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:54:23 AM
you saying bandaides give you weird dreams ??.......Gee i wonder what a bandage does gives you nightmares
 Cinder_ella
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:54:47 AM
Just lie on the end of the bed and you'll soon drop off
 Goddess of dreams
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/12/2007 7:00:05 AM
Oh but I love my cigarrets Ican't stand packet ones anymore I roll my own

2 questions though
1. would you put on weight???
2. what do you mean by dreams????
 sookest1
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/12/2007 9:30:18 AM
Hang in there. I quit 3 yrs ago using the patch. The health benefits are huge and if you are going to the gym or doing some other kind of exercise you will really enjoy breathing deeply for a change. Good luck to you!
 Kynnie
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/12/2007 9:46:26 AM
Goddess...
Dunno bout the weight thing cos I never got past a week using the patches.
But the dreams are the most incredible thing u experience with them.
Amazingly vivid & realistic.
Reallllllly trippy.

And with that...Im off on a trip to ni-ni's...am a very tired girl.
Night to you all *mwaah*
 sunniedazes
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/12/2007 11:57:26 AM
Also did the 2nd pack a day ,not good for the money or the body..
Tried cold turkey.. i think my body went into shock. couldn't stop
I finally found my way of giving them up, i had spent most of my adult life smoking.
And yes it has to come from within to give it up.

Even my doctor was surprised when i did , he got up and shook my hand..
Its now 9 yrs no ciggies.. yay . and a great surprise was I never missed them .
And the health benefits are great.

My last cig was on Aust Day 1998, it was such an important day , at least to me..
Gees.. so hang in there, because if I can do it, anybody can..
Goodluck..
 upforadventure
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/12/2007 12:44:35 PM
If that doesn't work out, try auricular therapy. It worked for me 3 years ago. I haven't touched a cig since I walked out of the office.
 ageezer
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/12/2007 9:41:15 PM
I have used patches before and stopped for three months!, I did start again and today is the first of my stop smoking attempt! ,they do definately help, its breaking the habbit of smoking ,ie first thing in the morning with coffee and all the other times during the day, its not just about the nicoteen , its the habit associated with it, so best of luck! to both of us
 *champrins*
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/13/2007 2:00:24 AM
OMG - I tried the patches and I had never had CRAVINGS before, but my god those things set them off. I was smoking one after the other and just couldnt seem to get enough. It was insane.

Took off the patches and after about a day and half the cravings went away. Weird eh.

The gum however, that knocks my socks off. Nicotine on a stick. I made the mistake of putting a whole one in my mouth and after 5 minutes, it was enough to make me swear of smoking forever. Foul. I felt so ill. A little corner of one seems to be enough to get past any moments without making you feel sick.

Love your sense of humour btw
 Cinder_ella
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/13/2007 2:13:21 AM
When I went cold turkey I don't think patches were on the market, but I ate bags and bags of lollies, put on weight but never had an asthma attack again. Worth it I reckon.
 Allira86
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/13/2007 9:26:27 PM
Yeah they worked for me. And yeah the dreams are normal. I asked many of my clients pros and cons about the patches b4 going on them. You may have wild 3d dreams the whole time you're on them or just for a short time. And some people to get ichy from the patches, i did. I used to get a red mark around where the patch had been. At least i knew where the last 3 had been so i didn't double up and you put the patches on in places that it wouldn't matter if your skin gets a little red. It's a small price to pay for getting you off the smokes. i didn't gain any weight cause i had so much more time than just sitting around smoking, which lead to being bored, so I'd go for a walk to the shops or the strand with a mate. I did eat a little more, but the little more exersise helped. I was told that after 3 weeks you'll lose the crave and your body starts rejecting them. Like you can start to taste and smal again and to the chick how wrote i smoke cause i can and i don't have bad breathe or small. YOU DO. all smokers do. it'd be like eating a bbq and saying it doesn't release any odours. It's biss when you ignore the obvious. Good on ya mate. And to all that quit. keep going hard. Good luck.
 Boovaldave
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/14/2007 3:09:02 AM
Well I made it through the weekend and am safely back at work without a smoke.

I went to a swap meet this morning and with all the spare cash from not buying smokes purchased a flute, a proper one with lots of keys and things, I have wanted to learn the flute since they gave me a tuba at school.

So working nightshift I will be doing something with my mouth and hands that won't kill me during the boring bits.
I just hope no-one else does.
 superwomannot
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/15/2007 2:17:09 AM
well good on any one who can give it up it,s so hard, i try all the time even had hypnotism no good, the patches gave me such incredible dreams it was like i imagine a drug trip to be had to stop them
the chewing gum is better and you can get a really good peppermint one now
 SergeantOz
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/15/2007 6:12:19 PM
An ex work colleage tried them years ago (we both smoked) and fell asleep with the patch on only to be chased by Chucky through his house (the evil doll movie). He came into work to tell me all about it and I just happened to leave the phone on speakerphone so the other lads heard it all as well.

I quit 7 years ago next month and after stopping for 2 months tried to light up for a mate to bring him a smoke when we went fishing - it tasted like crap !!
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Tobacco Patches- worked for anyone?