Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Lost a dear friend, doing what he loved      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 finandfine
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Lost a dear friend, doing what he lovedPage 1 of 1    
Great dear friends are hard to find, you've known him all your life, you joke with him, you fly with him, you fish with him, you help each other out, when in need, no matter what it is....Then one day he is gone,,,,,,,,Ron my hart an thoughts are with you. Flying was your life....
Bye my friend, not forever.... You have touched my hart, my life in more ways then you know.. Over the many years, you gave me an my loved one's experiences we would never have had with out you, you will always be remembered.

It's so true friends are for life and that we are, true friends are hard to find. I must say you are a true friend..... You always said, doing what you love, makes who we are, you did, till your very last day.... doing what you loved.....

You maybe gone, not forgotten......
Bye my friend, not forever.

I sent this out in cyberspace with hopes it will find you....

Arnold
all my love
like as son you never had.. You have touched my hart an sole.
 mamacujo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Lost a dear friend, doing what he loved
Posted: 10/13/2007 11:23:20 AM
I am sorry you lost your best friend. That was a very nice memoral to him. Let him live forever in your heart, which I know he will.
 finandfine
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2007 11:31:25 AM

I am sorry you lost your best friend. That was a very nice memorial to him. Let him live forever in your heart, which I know he will.

Thank you very much.. He will be sadly mist by many. Main thing is, he was doing what he loved for almost 40 something years, when his plain, that I've been in many a times, went down, the other day

Can you beleave I posted this very same in off topic;s, it got deleted by the member, go figer
 finandfine
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2007 11:34:31 AM

It brings tears to my eyes too as I know how it feels to lose a true friend.

Thanks
The tears were over flowing when I wrote it, an still are...
 MariposaBonita
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/13/2007 11:39:20 AM
I can completely understand what you are feeling. It is hard to loose someone that holds a key place in your heart!! Just remember that even though you cannot see him in the flesh, his spirit lives on...he is still around you...just not in the form that you can see. You may have lost your friend, but God has given you an Angel to watch over you. I hope this comforts your heart right now--somehow.

My bestfriend, Debbie, was murdered by her husband 4 years ago (for his act, he received life in prision without parole) and I still miss her...but things have happened since her death to show me that her spirit is still a part of my life. She may be gone but will always be remembered.

We will all be together again one fine day.....that's a promise from God Himself. Just trust and believe. Trust you'll meet again one fine day and believe that it will be one of the best reunions to come!!!

MUCH LOVE AND PEACE!
 finandfine
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2007 11:39:25 AM

Sorry for your loss, but really hes not gone as long as there are memories like these. Now he lives in you and all the others he knew. ...

Thank you.. That is why I say:::: You maybe gone, not forgotten..
 Don_Quixote
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2007 11:50:38 AM
Like everyone else here I am sorry for your loss. He obviously meant a great deal to you. At least he died doing what he loved to do, thats the way I want to go, nobody should be afraid of doing things they love to do. You only live once. Get out there and enjoy it.
 finandfine
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2007 9:11:56 PM
I would like to thank each an everyone of you dear people for two things:
1-- for not having my post that is so very important to me, for not having it deleted as they did when I fist posted this at 3am today Saturday Oct 13th on the off topic treads, that was unbelievable..

2- for all your supporting words, they have been wonderfully, Thank you all, from the bottom of my hart..

A lot of people don't give much though to the lose of a friend I find, all I can say to those that I have come across, I alway say, then they must not have been a true friend, that is how I feel about those that have told me so,, maybe they have never experienced a real true friend, have they?
I don't have many "True friends", over my years, I've come to know the different forms, from a true friend to those that want to be your friend, for only there own selfish gain.

Ron has been True friend to me, for many many years, more then I can remember, I can recall each and every year back to the early 70's when his girls were very young.. I beleave I could never replace the friendship we so dearly had, I will always remember Ron till my last days..

This is most likely against there darn forum rules, please forgive me, to me it is not a website, its public news,,,oh well I Feel the need to post this link, only so you can have a better in site to what kind of guy my dear friend Ron is.. as well as how many see Ron as.

http://www.chroniclejournal.com/stories_local.php?id=69799

Ron will always be with me in some form, till we meet again.

Love always my friend
 CrackedHalo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2007 12:31:13 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. True friends are very hard to find. My thoughts are with you as well as all of the other POF'ers. I can't believe they deleted your original post! If people don't like what they are reading or have no interest they should just move on to the next one, thats what I do! Hoping that time will heal your heart.
 finandfine
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2007 6:11:33 PM

Remember and cherish the friendship that you had. Good luck.

How true you are when you say::

We live in a throwaway society today, many people, F__ it Unfortunately "Most" people toss friends away as fast and easily as their garbage!

I do cherish the friendship I had with Ron very much,, that is why it is so hard.. We told each other things, we would never dream of telling an other.. This is something I can not replace, Ron was a guy some what like me, I feel;; I really can't say it much better then his obituaries in today’s paper,, not in writing any way, I’m not a writer, in person yes I can;; I would like to share with all of you this write up, so you can maybe get to feel what he really was..

http://tbay.ok.bc.ca/stories.php?id=70380
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Lost a dear friend, doing what he loved