Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Image not displaying correctly      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ticketoride
Msg: 3
Image not displaying correctlyPage 1 of 1    
If the Background of your Image is "White", and has only uploaded partially, add a 10-20 Pixel black Border around it before trying to upload it again.

See also:Profile Pics: Image File Sizes
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 5
Image not displaying correctly
Posted: 1/16/2008 4:18:48 PM
I find the Photo Upload page to be about as easy as it gets.

The real trick is to have a good photo to send.

Good photo in = good photo out.

Ticketoride
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/16/2008 4:38:24 PM
The size of my image was 250x250px, roughly28k.
This particular image is having it's width cropped down to 209px every time.

After reading the posts in the links provided I scaled the DPI from 72 to 300, resized the pixel width back to 250x250, then shaved a single pixel height from the image. Upon uploading, the exact same thing happened.

Doesn't tell you to do that. Follow the Instructions without adding your own "Inventions".

The largest Size a Pic on your Profile can be displayed at in your Browser is 300 Pixels wide by 299 Pixels high.

Simply make sure that the Height of your Image is 1 Pixel less than its Width, such as 300 x 299, 600 x 599, 789 x 788, 1,153 x 1,152, etc. ... or any other Size you like, but not exceeding 1,200 DPI on any one Side. After upload, if you then click on that Profile Thumbnail Image placeheld as the Main Pic, then check the Properties Page, your Image(s) should read 300 by 300 DPI. The Thumbnail "Mouseover" pop-up Image will also be displayed at same Size.

24 point list of 'infractions'

The Image Content you upload (Infractions) have nothing to do with technical Image Upload Qualifications.

No need to confuse 'Monkeys' with 'BMP's.
 7i857
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/27/2008 4:11:55 AM
So when will the server-side white background picture problem be fixed?

Post #4 - that is "The Fix" / Ticketoride
 Ticketoride
Msg: 9
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Image not displaying correctly