Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Pets in Bed      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~rain~
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Pets in BedPage 1 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
I have a velcro dog.....
Where ever I am in the house...he isnt very far away. If I leave the room, He will follow. When I am sitting..He is usually on my lap. He sleeps at my feet every night..unless I am restless and then he goes to sleep on his pillow in front of the fireplace. (but thats his choice)

If I had someone in my life that didnt like that...........then I am afraid there wouldnt be enough room in my house for them and my little pug...so they would have to go!!!

So i hope all you pet lovers that want your pet in bed have a very meaningfull realtionship with your pets as you will proably be with them before you get amate to ever stick around.

my lil pug is the most loyal attentive being, I have ever and probubly will ever have in my life...our relationship is very meaningful!! If guy doesnt want to stick around because of that, then ...SEE YA!
 junipermoon
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 7:46:01 AM
i wish i could have my bed to myself, but my maine coon insists on keeping an eye on me all night. he hates to sleep. he just wants to be near me. i have to mash him down and cover him to get him to settle. if i wake up, i find him staring down at me. lord knows how he'd act if he found another human in bed with me.
 aceray_65
Msg: 21
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 8:31:16 AM
I WONT EVEN GO OUT WITH A LADY THAT HAS A PET, OH MAYBE ABIRD OF WHICH I CANT SEE.
RAY
 Who.Me
Msg: 25
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 8:50:23 AM
junipermoon - I have a persian cat that does the same thing. I swear that cat never sleeps! I wake up in the middle of the night to these hugh green eyes staring at me...kinda spooky.

I also have a 4 lb yorkie that sleeps under the covers on my bed.

If I ever have a sleepover...the cat runs and hides, the dog...well I leave him at the office....

I do live by the old adage...love me, love my pets!!!
 Who.Me
Msg: 27
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 8:52:58 AM
Amen to that Wolfie65
 dirsup
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 8:59:23 AM
Thank you for that sentiment. I have 2 Boston Terriers that sleep with me every night and I dont give one obese rodents anal orifice if somebody doesnt like it. Those two
little guys are my friends, I rescued them, I take care of them and everybody in town that knows how I feel about my boys knows that THEY eat and live better than most pets and even some humans. If somebody does not like animals and mine in particular, you probably dont want me anyway. They dont hurt anything and there is nobody else there 99.9% of the time to **** anyway.
 Cynderella
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 9:01:39 AM
Pets...kids...a man.........there's no room for me!
So I have to get rid of one...hummmm let me think...the man has to go
 ~rain~
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 9:12:22 AM

after all put a white blanket/sheet on your bed & see how dirty it gets from even a clean pet

and "clean" humans dont leave a mess on the clean white sheets from time to time?? thats why we have washing machines!!! lighten up!!

No one can love you like your pets can, and they deserve your best!!

P.S. Dirsup...Good for you for rescuing those two babies!!
 Cat-attude
Msg: 32
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 9:24:29 AM
I have cats and one of them sleeps on the bed. Sometimes she moves elsewhere during the nite. If he was allergic then I might consider shutting them out of the bedroom. However, i seriously doubt I would date a guy who was allergic to cats.

And no, I wouldnt dump him, I'd just direct him to the spare room!!
 Cat-attude
Msg: 33
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 9:25:34 AM
haha I couldnt agree more. I would never date someone who was not an animal lover.
 Cynderella
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 10:18:38 AM
.....I'll swap you the man for a kangaroo.....there again we are talking man, so how about 2 hours with him, then you can have him back?

No trade backs! At least the roo will sleep in the back yard!
 OutMind
Msg: 37
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 10:24:08 AM
I have a cat. He demand kisses in the morning.
 Cynderella
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 11:13:03 AM
^^^You have to have a deep love for someone or something to see past that...

Ask any mom or wife and the guy who washes other ppl's clothes...
the back-door smears on underwear...yuck!!! but it's a part of life.

You don't let anyone or anything into bed without being clean...silly!

P.S. Just a small note in defence of the dog...they are not wiping sh*t from their ass when they do that...it is in most cases...their anal glans are full and this causes a sensation to rub.
 TheOneWho_
Msg: 47
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 12:28:45 PM
No, bad idea.
The bed is for two things, neither of which is pet-related.

I also do not like a TV in the bedroom. If you're both laying in bed and awake, there are better things to do than watch the tube.

Among many other things, my (soon-to-be-ex) wife just about lived for both of these things. She had not one, but TWO dogs in bed nightly. The TV was a major fixture in the bedroom, and I often got scolded if I were to get in bed and somehow block her view.

While the dogs (chihuahuas) got to sleep on her lap and/or right next to her, my place was on the other side of the bed. If I got close to her, she warned me off because I was too warm.

I filed in mid-March of this year. The final hearing is Monday, Nov. 5th.

...oh, and divorce sucks. The only thing worse is being in a crappy marriage that you can't do anything about.
 lie to me
Msg: 48
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 12:56:20 PM
I have a dog and a cat. The only one allowed in the bed is the cat. Well, he's not actually 'given' permission, he just does what ever in the hell he wants - he's a cat. If I had them and an S.O. under the same roof? Well, if the cat got in the way, the cat would have to be taught to stay off of the bed. Simple. Would much rather sleep with my honey than the cat. And yes, I love my cat - but his cuddles and cold nose to the cheek just aren't the same..............
 Cynderella
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 1:09:21 PM

the cat would have to be taught to stay off of the bed. Simple

Hahaha it's a cat he will wait till you're sleeping and use the new hubby as a scratching post.
Awww pets you gotta love em! or not...no offence to the pet dislikers!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 50
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 1:43:43 PM

Do you let your pets sleep with you when you are in a relationship? If so, what do you say to your "squeeze" if they object? What kind of pet do you have? Would you dump your honey if they objected. Just nosy..

Ha...assuming I actually want the bf to stay over, he can deal with it. If he doesn't like cats on the bed he can go home. Once I have sex, he's free to leave anyway. Chances are a guy that feels that way about pets won't make it that far...so it's a non issue.

Most men I date have cats, dogs or both anyway tho, so they're used to it.
 LaddyMike
Msg: 51
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 1:47:36 PM
My dog sometimes will sleep at the foot of the bed. If it were to bother my girlfriend, then I would probably not allow the dog on the bed.
 fancynanci
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 2:55:13 PM
The only animal I allow in my bed is a man
 ~rain~
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/16/2007 5:35:34 PM

Once I have sex, he's free to leave anyway.

AtHomeInTheWoods
Msg: 72
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/17/2007 3:58:49 AM
My almost 19 year old cat Makita is queen of the bed and pretty much lives there just getting off for food and litterbox. (19 is very old for a cat) She's lived with me and shared my bed longer than any woman. I sure wouldnt try to change things now for anybody. One of the younger cats occasionally gets up on bed too, but usually Makita exerts her territorial rights and chases it off.

Anyways, for me its love me, love my pets. I'm sure not the guy for you if you are allergic to cats or find a cat in bed disgusting.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 75
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/17/2007 6:52:47 AM
There's already another thread on this subject.

1. If you don't like your dog in your bed, then that's how you choose to live, by all means live that statement. If others do let their pets sleep with them, then that's THEIR choice on how to live. That's the beauty of America - we all get to live the way we want without being told what to do.

2. If you don't like someone you're dating to have their pet in the bed when you're there, then go to YOUR house and sleep in your bed where it's not happening, or have them sleep over your house so you don't have to worry about it. Better yet, just date someone who agrees with your way of living so it's not an issue or cause for discussion.

3. No one here needs to pontificate about people doing things that don't concern them - as in "ew pets belong in the yard". If you plan on saying that, then preface it with "IMO", as it's YOUR way of thinking, not everyone's. Same if you think pets belong in the bed with you and not outside...people tend to judge all who don't live like they do when it's basically none of their concern, and as long as the pets are cared for and not badly treated, the rest is up to the individual owner (or non owner).
 Flipper Jones
Msg: 81
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/17/2007 10:18:00 AM
I think our Human relationships should come first. I think it's pretty unhealthy (in every way) to have a pet in your bed with you.

If you have pets and are kind enough to let them live indoors, I would draw the line at the bedroom. Maybe it's just me but I NEED my personal space.
 Flipper Jones
Msg: 82
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/17/2007 10:23:07 AM
[I think us pet lovers out number pet haters 10 - 1 anyway... ]

I don't think people are "pet haters" because they don't like animals in bed with them. Some people just feel like there should be a line there. A point where pet space ends and people space begins.
 Challenge
Msg: 86
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/17/2007 5:52:10 PM
I consider my dog as a family member. King bed......and he is right next to me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Pets in Bed