Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Nothing compares to you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 -morticia-
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Nothing compares to youPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I adore that video & have to admit it always hits a nerve... however happy I may be at the time...

I would be surprised if it didn't touch the vast majority - but it will be interesting to see what others have to say

-M-

edit: To add, that song was on heavy rotation on MTV when I was living in San Francisco - so it does bring back a whole bundle of emotions about a time of which I have such fabulous memories...
 restless_native
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Nothing compares to you
Posted: 10/17/2007 4:58:40 PM

I've just seen part of a programme where it has been stated that if "Nothing compares to you" fails to make you cry on watching the video then either you have never been in love, or you are completely heartless.

That just goes to prove that a lot of things said on TV are total crap.

Do you think this song would affect everybody this way?

No. Music is subjective. That's one of the most wondrous things about it. To make the sweeping generalisation that one piece of music will effect everyone in the same way is simply idiotic.
 stevencl
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Nothing compares to you
Posted: 10/18/2007 5:21:45 AM
got to have a heart to show any emotion - so that rules me out!!
 pantsonfire
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Nothing compares to you
Posted: 10/19/2007 12:06:44 PM
I did used to find the song ... Moving.. But I never shed a tear over it... Now I feel it to be overplayed and thoroughly irritating.... So I'm borderline heartless...
Just listened to Prince's version and yes I enjoyed that ....

Vin... Missed you babe LOL... X
 restless_native
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Nothing compares to you
Posted: 10/19/2007 5:07:37 PM

This distinguishes me from, say, cowards in green shirts who are frightened to identify the post to which they are referring.

Gosh. I'd hate to be one of those. I'd be so offended if someone said something like that about me that I'd probably be incredibly upset. Then again, I may not give a toss if the opinion of the person saying it meant absolutely nothing to me.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Nothing compares to you