Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please rate this FoF newbie's profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FescheLola
Msg: 3
Please rate this FoF newbie's profilePage 1 of 1    
Your whole ad reads like a joke. a LONG joke. If thats your intent, Mazel tov! if not, cut it down a few thousand words and sprinkle it with some reality.
 FescheLola
Msg: 7
Please rate this PoF newbie's profile
Posted: 10/19/2007 5:22:29 PM
Ye gods man! You are supposed to be writing about YOU.

The little people with the straw in their hair wont get your "humour" and people like me dont have the time.
 FescheLola
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/19/2007 6:31:22 PM

Apparently you are not yet seeing the update.

Yeah I think I am, where you mention rolling around in ticks as a kid and "Nixons Thugs". You consider that improvement? Talk about yourself NOW.

Start with a general template "Hi i'm Jim Bob. fact, now, fact, now" And the add the giggles.
 FescheLola
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/19/2007 8:42:24 PM
I dont think you are full of anything nor did I say BS....

I AM trying to tell you that people on a personals site, are not going to read anything long, drawn out, and not to the point.

Basic, basic, basic. You sound like an interesting guy.I never doubted that..However, listing EVERYTHING and in great detail is going to get skipped.

Again use as a template Who you are, What you Like, Who you want....Then add other things to it. Just abridge the novel, OK?:)
 FescheLola
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/19/2007 8:49:39 PM

However, it will take more than one contributor to convince me that her generic line, "Eclectic is the word that best describes me. I have too many interests to really list, and I'll try almost anything once."

Ouch! My, my how bitter are the grapes today!

You post asking for "Advice", I give said advice. Other posters gave the same vein of advice. You get pissy.

Now you mention my profile. Lets see mine is to the point. Do I think there should be more detail in some places? Of course. But the sad fact is not many will sit down and read anything in detail or much longer. I gave basics.

Also I really dont care.

It comes down to this. Dont ask for advice or a critique if you cant take it. Since several people have told you pretty much the same thing, it might be worthwhile advice.

Anyway i'm done.

Oh and thanks for the neg rating ...LOL
 FescheLola
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/20/2007 10:02:18 AM

Never mind those who get their feathers ruffled and call you 'pissy'. They're not the type you'd attract anyway!

My feathers are not at all ruffled sweetcheeks.

Nor is this guy my type, so no harm there.

I acually agree with him to a degree, but because I play ball in the real world I can look at his diatribe and tell its not going to work on Craigslist or this site. In cases like that its time to take out ye old wallet and head to Match or EHarmony.

Basically, dont ask for advice if you cant take the bitter with the sweet.
 jlizzy
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2007 8:09:54 AM
Everything I've read about you/from you is fascinating. Stay yourself ie in your profile too...you seem to have great character and soul ie I wouldnt change anything because I think your profile shows you for what you are and you want to find someone who'll see that appreciate it ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please rate this FoF newbie's profile