Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is there a certain age...?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JWA
Msg: 3
Is there a certain age...?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Most of us have always been looking for more than just sex but since some of the emotional stuff is so complex and hard to access sometimes we seem to concentrate on the sex parts. As much as some women think men are only attracted to how a woman looks if that were so then all the very beautiful women on just this site would never have to even post a profile---they'd be swamped with offers galore. Sure there are guys of any age who'll defy this and only go for the "trophy girls" but if you notice they have a constant string of new chicks quite regularly in order to keep whatever thrill they derive from this alive.

It is probably true older guys have seen how superficial attaction leads to nothing more than bragging rights but even then we're just beginning to act upon seeking more, it was always there just not as out in the open as the pursuit of Barbie, the doll or Benton, whichever generation you're from!

Older guys rock! LOL
 SAIUN
Msg: 4
Is there a certain age...?
Posted: 10/21/2007 7:04:26 PM
I'll concur with the "it depends on the guy" sentiment. I started to crave companionship from girls (and not just sex) from the age of 16. I don't think anyone needs me to tell them that there are quite a few 16 year old males who want nothing other than sex.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2007 7:32:10 PM
Nope. All different for different men. Some at 7, some at 17, some at 27, some at 57, some never. Also, we go through different stages in our lives. Sometimes, we've come out of a relationship, or have other difficulties, and we're not interested in a relationship at that point. Can last for years.

This probably all depends on the guy. I started getting a conscience about this stuff when I was around 25. Maybe it's just my imagination but it seems like I had better luck with women BEFORE I got that conscience.
My younger brother said exactly the same, musicjunky1967. Before he wanted a g/f, he got loads. Once he wanted one, they all dried up. Ended up moving to Taiwan, and of all things, his g/f is Japanese.
 HillsideCA
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/21/2007 9:04:48 PM
For me, I think it was around 17 that I started to want women for more than sex...any relationships that I've been in that were mostly about the sex have ended after a very short time. I need a more full-time companion than that, and that requires an appreciation of the "total package." I certainly know some men my age and even older for whom this is not true...for these guys, women are sex toys and will never be anything else to them.

Some men find women who know what they want and aren't afraid to call it out a turn off, but not all of us - and certainly not me! I think you'll find if a turn off for your more controlling, neanderthal, chest-beater types.
 ~Scoundrel~
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/24/2008 10:35:04 AM
What does a woman have to offer a man other than sex? I’ve yet to meet a woman that brought anything positive into my life (that I didn’t already have) other than sex. When I meet one, I’ll stay with her forever.
 swfl_dan
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2008 12:20:30 PM
Yes - it's the same age that women stop trying to change a man and start appreciating him for who he is...

What I find a turn off is women that say what THEY want, but don't LISTEN (or worse, even let me SAY) what *I* want.
 jd28spot
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/24/2008 3:45:30 PM
Since not all men (or women) are alike, we tend to mature at different ages. As for myself, somewhere around my mid forties a bell went off and suddenly I became aware of who I was, what I'd been like and how badly I had treated the women in my life. (if I could go backwards in time, I would apologize to the ones I treated so badly) My problem is...I did a 360 and went completely the other way.....now I'm more concerned for "her" needs than my own.
As for women that know what they want and aren't afraid to go for it.....I admire them.
 VoxClamantis
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/24/2008 4:14:40 PM
It depends so much more on the girl than the guy.

There are a lot of girls where that is about all they have to offer, and some girls don't even have that. The really brainy, sophisticated girls, the ones who read Borges or Pynchon instead of Nora Roberts or Ann Rice, the ones who can find Kosovo on a map, who know who Segalene Royal is without Googling, or who know how to prepare "papa a la huancaiana" usually have to hire muscle to keep the men away.

If guys only want a woman for sex, it's not their fault.
 dustinchicago
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/25/2008 10:07:07 AM
First, any man will find a woman who says what she wants a delight. Of course, it depends- do you actually know what you want specifically? Do any of us? Are you giving an option or an ultimatum? Is your option something that the man can actually give you?

To your first question.... a man will ALWAYS want a woman for sex. As to the age to where they ADDITIONALLY want a woman for love, companionship, or fulfillment of more intellectual or emotional needs, well... 30 is a good age for both men and women in this country. A comedian's good rule of thumb: before 18 we want love, during 18 we want any sort of contact, in our 20's we want to see what we can do, in our 30's we want to see what we BOTH can do, in our 40's we don't care and really want to get laid, in our 50's we start all over again.
 Sardonis
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/25/2008 7:38:55 PM

Is there a certain age where men start to want women for more than sex? At what point do they start appreciating a woman for her personality and strengths and not just her body? And do men find a woman who says what she wants a turn off??

I will never understand why women say this kind of garbage.

You will never want a Man who does not want to **** you first and foremost.

So quit sending out these false messages that you want a guy to be attracted to you because of your personality, because you don't.

And yes, speaking your mind is a turn on.
 Sardonis
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/25/2008 10:28:39 PM

Just read through the forums, there are plenty of guys who have no problem saying that getting laid is the "first and foremost",

Hmm....you could see it that way but what he meant was that he would never go after a girl first and foremost because of her personality. Why stay in a sexual relationship with someone whose personality you do not connect with? Why even get to that point?

Just getting laid has nothing to do with it.
 abelian
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/25/2008 5:17:52 PM

Is there a certain age where men start to want women for more than sex? At what point do they start appreciating a woman for her personality and strengths and not just her body?

I've always appreciated women for more than just sex. Unfortunately, lots of women who say that really mean they want to be appreciated for those things in lieu of sex and don't necessarily have them to offer.

And do men find a woman who says what she wants a turn off??

I'll say it would be a turn on. However, I'm speculating. To me your question is hypothetical because I haven't really found any women who will say what they really want.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is there a certain age...?