Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Received an email notification but no email on POF [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 slowdive23
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Received an email notification but no email on POF [CLOSED Thread]Page 1 of 1    
Hi, could someone help me -- I receive emails in my actual email account saying that I have received a new message...YET, when I log into POF there is NONE to be found in my inbox.

I tried to IM pof but could not find the correct link.

Thank you in advance everyone...!

mike g

Apparently there's a server malfunction happening so bear with it until things are resolved.

See Repeated eMail Notifications

Ticketoride
Msg: 2
Received an email notification but no email on POF
Posted: 10/22/2007 10:00:23 AM
Close your Browser, delete your Temporary Internet Files, Cookies etc., and log back onto POF.

Hold < Ctrl > + hit F5 to refresh the Page.

If the Mail still won't show, then that User was deleted by the System or the Admin which causes all of his/her E-Mails to be deleted as well.
That User ...
    1. ... was deleted by the Admin or the System.

kallikak
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/26/2011 4:30:08 PM
Hi,

I tried all of the above suggestions, but I am still not seeing any new messages. According to my external email account, I should have about a dozen new messages from many different senders, but none have shown up in my POF email in 6 days. I'm sure not all of those people have been deleted by POF. I'm getting pretty frustrated. Any more suggestions? Thanks.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/26/2011 6:26:36 PM
Are these actually emails saying you have mail at PoF or are they emails saying that someone wants to meet you?

If someone clicks "Yes" or "Maybe" on the "Meet Me" function, it will send you an email stating this. There will be no message in your PoF mailbox.
 kallikak
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/27/2011 7:51:13 AM
Yes, I'm able to find these people with a username search. How long do the notification emails lag behind? I received nothing in my POF inbox for almost a week.
 kallikak
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/27/2011 7:56:31 AM
Okay, my email is definitely working again. I received a notification email, and within 3 minutes it was in my POF inbox. I have no idea what changed. I guess those emails from last week are just lost. Thanks for suggestions. I hope the problem is solved. Happy Sunday!
 OpnHartFierySoul
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/27/2011 9:41:24 PM
I keep receiving up to 6 notifications to my external email address that I have received one POF message several minutes apart. They reflect the original messages date and time.

I checked my set-up and do not see that I have email notifications duplicated anywhere. Can you ?
 Shreketh
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2011 1:38:23 PM
I've had the same thing happen the last two days where I'd get 6 emails in a row from one message on POF . It must really want me to view the message.
 OpnHartFierySoul
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/28/2011 3:14:38 PM
Yes, that is correct. Multiple notifications minutes apart for ONE pof email. In fact I am STILL @ 5pm receiving notifications for an email I received on POF @ 250pm and 1st external email was received at 255pm.

It began 2 days ago and continues today for Each email I receive, and includes emails from new contacts and members that have previously contacted me.
 OpnHartFierySoul
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/28/2011 3:17:27 PM
UPDATE: I have just received my 15th notification regarding the 250 pof email. Heeeelp me!

Well apparently there's a server malfunction, so bear with it until things are resolved.

See Repeated eMail Notifications

UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/28/2011 3:28:28 PM
For any Moderator following this phenomena, check out message 3 in the following thread in the Tech forum from sputnik57 of the PoF team:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14838239.aspx

Apparently there is a problem and they are working on it.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Received an email notification but no email on POF [CLOSED Thread]