Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > I am noticing a trend in women over 30      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lacquered
Msg: 5
view profile
History
I am noticing a trend in women over 30Page 1 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
I prefer someone close to my own age, a guy 10yrs younger, might still want to have babies and all of that stuff.... I am looking to find someone free or almost free of raising children........
So that we can look forward to adventure, quite times, spur of the moment things in life that dont include packing a diaper bag or censorship due to the under 18 crowd being in tow. I mean its not likely that your going to find a secluded wayside on your vacation ....... for a romantic interlude with the kids in tow. Or go chunky dunking while camping by the lake .......... Insert your own idea here.....LOL

I love my kids, I would love someone elses kids......... but I have been mommy for over half of my life, I am looking forward to a break....... In a few years to come

Something to hope for anyway!!!!
D
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 7
I am noticing a trend in women over 30
Posted: 10/23/2007 1:25:42 PM
~OP~ I'm not sure on the sociological aspects of why this seems prevelent today. I personally have always dated younger. Not much younger ~ but even in high school, my first love was a year behind me. I married some years ago, he was 9 years younger. It was not discussed, noticed or an issue for him, me or anyone else. In fact, I'm not so sure anyone knew he was younger. We fell in love and married ~ it was pretty simple. I didn't need a birth certificate to tell me I loved him, it just happened. Fate and destiny can be such cruel things ~ I'd give my soul for one more minute with him. Sometimes, it's just not about chronological age. In many ways ~ he was older and much wiser than me, that is what I miss the most. Today, I'd feel absolutely silly with someone in their young 30s, and younger than that ~ oh hell no. BUT, I would feel even sillier with someone 10 years older, that just wouldn't be me at all. 40-45 is my deal. Same time-zone so to speak ~ to each their own, I just wish everyone could find someone wonderful that makes them feel as I once did. JMO
 RidingRich
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/23/2007 8:26:07 PM
so maybe that would explain the masses of 40+ women messaging me this past month. hmm... I was starting to wonder if it was my profile.
 Xavery
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/23/2007 9:12:15 PM
I am not sure if it is a trend or not, but I will point out the obvious. Men have been doing it for years and see nothing wrong with going 20 to 30 years younger. I see nothing wrong with either sex dating a person 10 years younger, if they are over 30. If the age gap gets too big, I think things could be complicated.
 RidingRich
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/24/2007 8:58:39 AM
just something I've noticed in the past 6 months. Oddly, after I did some personal discovery and improvement on myself.

I usually say some of the older male/younger female that was within 5-7 years many times as a maturity factor, and one of those dynamics that 'just work' .. darn, I was hoping I just seemed that much more mature now.
 Miss W
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/25/2007 3:42:50 PM
I am not Demi Moore or Mrs. Robinson but, I've dated guys as young as 35 and I have to admit that although they can be a lot of fun, I do prefer someone closer to my own age. This is mostly for shared experiences. However, a lot of them prefer younger women.

On the other hand, and I hate to admit it but.... I'm not very attracted to very many men over 50 as a lot of them are "geezeresque" which is a W-term for not very fun and curmudgeonly. I say some of them, not all. I'm just not meeting the fun ones in this age group.
 Truucha
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/25/2007 5:33:04 PM
Women nowadays know exactly what they want, and aren't as inhibited to go get it!
 tnt144
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/27/2007 7:56:59 AM
Make no mistake, women are into attraction as much as men... what a woman says, "He was not my type", what she really means is she was not attracted to him. It's just that so many are politically corect... but we know actions speak louder than words. Talk is cheap!

Younger is generally more attaractive... so it's perfectly natural for women to go for younger men.
 friskey
Msg: 34
view profile
History
I find the women younger like me...
Posted: 10/27/2007 10:16:39 AM
I find the women younger like me...
 thatgirl_next_door
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/27/2007 9:02:34 PM
OMG... the thought of dating a man younger than me sends me into fits. I don't want to have to teach anyone anything! I want a guy who knows what he wants, where he's going and how he's getting there!!! I sure as hell don't want a younger guy who still needs to grow up! I want a partner, not a child.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/28/2007 7:56:30 PM
In my case:
1. Younger men seem to be more active than men my age or older, more in shape, etc.
2. Younger men aren't as set in their ways (thinking they know what works in and out of bed regardless of the fact that women are all different), judgemental (more likely to go clubbing or out with friends, but if they don't, they don't tell you you're wrong for doing the same) or trying to land someone (constant whining about why they can't find the one, talking about the last 10 women that didn't work out, etc).
3. Younger men are generally more laid back and easy going, and less intensely focused on trying to make everyone an SO. They can just live in the moment a lot more easily instead of trying to figure out where everything is going...
 just4som1spec
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/29/2007 1:03:01 PM
Well some women may think that only a younger man can so them a good time. My guess is that most women don't know what a real man is so they go for the kids. In hopes that they can talk themselves into thinking they are having a good time. If you women out there say your are looking for a relationship then look for one don't look for the fountain of youth through a younger man.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2007 4:25:48 PM

I am curious though to undersyand why this is?
1) They were in a bad relationship with a man their age or older.
2) Met men their age who were not up for partying every night.
3) Met a lot of young men who said they were "really sexy", had a really great body, all the hair on their head, not much hair on their body, and were "partying all night long".
 zangie
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2007 6:43:45 PM
I have always dated men younger than me. Hasn't been a conscious thing, just the way it seemed to work out. Some were of little age difference, some were a lot. I will agree that after 30, most of the time, the age difference isn't significant.

I have found, until recently, that many men older than me, were jaded, and set in their ways, and had very specific ideas on how they thought I should behave. I also admit to not being attracted to any man that reminds me of my dad psychically. Younger guys are so much more fun, and less intense , for the most part.

I am now at the point, that even when this is true, I find at this stage in my life, that I want someone who at least has some of the same memories as me, and ways of viewing the world. Which often comes with being born in the same generation. And, now that I'm older, and long past the child bearing years, to date a much younger guy who is still planning on getting married and having children at some point, seems dumb for me. Why get involved with someone at this stage of my life, that is eventually going to leave me?

All that being said, young guys are still fun, and a pleasure to look at and admire. They are good for the ego too.
 orchidtigress
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/30/2007 7:23:35 PM
Equal rights..lol.
 no1b4me72
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2007 4:05:15 PM

so maybe that would explain the masses of 40+ women messaging me this past month. hmm... I was starting to wonder if it was my profile.

Damn, it must be a nationwide trend !!!
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/4/2007 7:18:27 AM
Ugh.

Not me thanks. When I was younger, I wanted older guys. I still kind of want that, but I'm good with my own age too.

I get a lot of younger men messaging me and when I say no thanks, I get tons of attitude about how I should be happy someone 10 years younger (or more) even wants me. That crap pretty much reinforces my whole lack of desire for a younger man.
 Miss W
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/5/2007 10:41:36 AM
I'm not seeking them out. For some reason, they seem to like me and the guys my own age are either intimidated or want 'em much younger.
 zangie
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2007 12:25:31 PM

The reason "an older woman with a younger guy is wierd [sic]" is because no one could understand why such a guy would be so desperate,

aw come on life, you are smarter than that, maybe "some" guys do it out of desperation, but many just like older women. Or are attracted to an individual regardless of age.

Or are you baiting?

lol
 lelee08
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2007 4:28:10 AM
without it being a concious decission I have dated younger men for the last few years, all by coinsidence. I would like to meet someone my own age or a little older but it's so difficult, there's something going on with men 30 - 45!

My single friends agree, they are inconsiderate, thoughtless and are damn right lazy in putting any effort into a relationship, it's contravertial idea but I'm affraid women of 50+ have raised these men, we have ourselves to blame!!

Men 45 + still have manners & manage romance, men under 30 are able to hold a conversation with emotion without avoiding eye contact or mumbling

I'll keep trying to find one of the rare good ones in the right age catagory though x
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 76
Posted: 12/6/2007 9:08:09 AM

I guess I'm "middle-aged", coming upon 40 soon and all.

BUT I've never been married, never been divorced, do not have children, and enjoy actually going out ... OUT OF MY HOUSE ... and finding different things to do with someone.

I don't go after young men, they come after me.

I try and try and try to connect with men around my age or older, who should be "mature" because of their age ... hasn't happened yet.

So I have a date with a 27 year old hottie Friday night.

Is that my preference? not really.
Would I rather sit at home and be on POF? NOT REALLY!!!

I am the same age as you, and I agree. Few men my age can just go with the flow, enjoy life, don't have issues or baggage and are real mature. So I go where it's drama free.
 mistressdolly
Msg: 77
Posted: 12/6/2007 4:16:04 PM
I'm out of the trend.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2007 5:46:00 PM
I'm "guilty" of this, and I think the internet part of internet dating has something to do with this. When you're on a dating site, it's almost like shopping for a boyfriend. Everything is laid out in these neat little packages - the profile contains the pic, the hobbies, what you might do on dates, and some indication of their personality. I think it is only natural to prefer the generally better looking, more active guy who gets out more, and is a lot of fun, if browsing through a range. Of course there are exceptions (ugly, boring young guys and hot, active old guys), but there's going to be a bit of a bias towards the younger guys. If you don't believe that guys look better in their twenties, just take a look at profiles where there's pics from several different time periods. It's pretty obvious when older men post their current pics next to a few of themselves several years younger - most of the time, their late thirties/forties pics are just not as cute as their twenties pics, even though the recognizable features are the same, and it's the same person. It's just human nature, with a simple biological reason to naturally prefer the younger look.

It is also more commonplace these days to be in your thirties and still not necessarily looking to find a husband type right away. More breakups and divorces these days leads to more rebound time. Women are more able to live their lives as singles, and more likely to be not looking for a husband type at all, ever.

I never rule out men my age and slightly older (and even think it's more likely to find someone serious in that age group), but I am aware that I am getting a bit spoiled with cute, younger guys who just wanna have fun, and find it hard to go back.
 cowtrucker
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2007 10:58:52 AM
I think its just the women you've been interested in... I personally like a mature man, who's a few years older than me. It's not a sexual thing, its more of an accomplishment thing, education, experiences in life, maturity, and where they want to be in their future.

I prefer someone with older children, or none at all, and most younger men and men my own age are looking to start families. I am looking for someone I can enjoy what we've both accomplished so far in life, who I can plan new goals, and enjoy the finer times with...

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 janad
Msg: 101
Posted: 12/20/2007 8:36:56 PM
I was very surprised how many younger men have been contacting me- here and in real life- I know i look young, but not that young!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > I am noticing a trend in women over 30