Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Columbia Gathering      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 originalambie97
Msg: 16
Columbia GatheringPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
There are alot of places in Columbia area that you could hold a party at, let me get you guys a list of places that would work over there and such. If you do get this going, I'd be down for a road trip as well as some of these ppl from St. Louis I bet.
 Mogal51
Msg: 18
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 12/1/2007 7:40:04 PM
I am ready to meet some new faces. Since I am in the over 50 age group I would sure like a few good men in my age group to show up! How about some of the younger group bringing a favorite Aunt or Uncle they think would have a good time? Nancy
 originalambie97
Msg: 28
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 12/29/2007 8:34:45 PM
Let me get a list of possible places w/ close hotels and such for you guys. I don't live in Como but I do have family and friends over there. I'd be down to come out and party with you guys.
 maez63
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 12/31/2007 11:08:11 AM
I live in Jeff City so it sounds great to have a gathering in Columbia. Hopefully some of the older group will come.My Daughter and I are going to try to make it. We have a bar here in Jeff City that's not bad. It may not hold a big group but it has a good band playing there sometimes. They are called str8 arrow. They play in Columbia sometimes also . There's also another bar in Columbia called Cotys and it's really large. The band plays there sometimes. They play country and rock.
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 32
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 1/2/2008 3:49:05 PM
in our group we have nametags, username, real (first name), area you live in, and of course we mention POF as 100% Free Singles Site, etc etc...some of the ones we've used in the past have been kinda nice and attached with safety pin, others have been done up via printer on paper labels...you make these up as folks sign up for the events..hope this helps!
 tab332
Msg: 33
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 1/3/2008 4:57:57 PM
i know id b interested.the bar thing is getting boreing.sounds like a great way 2 meet singles.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 1/10/2008 2:57:15 PM
Hi all of you Columbia fishers I have set up a float trip for Friday June 6th till the 8th down on the north fork river.Well will be staying at twin bridge's camp ground Come and check it out
SYOTR Bryon
 miraclgal
Msg: 38
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 1/10/2008 7:38:09 PM
I need a ride from Jeff City
 alpinebryon
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 1/17/2008 7:11:11 AM
for all of you Columbian pof gang.There is a all Missouri Pof camp out and float trip for June 6th thru the 8th down on the North fork River.Come check it out all the information in up in the Missouri Single's Events at the top of the thread page OK Come on down and SYOTR Bryon
 kenharleyride
Msg: 40
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 1/17/2008 4:54:23 PM
damn i wish i was going threw jeff city
 Selkirk
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 1/17/2008 11:43:39 PM
I'll keep checking back to this thread... but could be fun.

From what I've seen from the "matches" section, there may be about 10 people that show up.... lol

I hope more people show up than that!

Looking forward to it!
 alpinebryon
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 1/18/2008 12:40:02 AM
ME TOO LOL I hope more will come down and float with us I hate to have to have set up a camp out with a float for nothing LOL.
Alpine(AKA Bryon)
 alpinebryon
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 2/26/2008 1:56:46 PM
hey you all I know that this is still 4 months away.Keep this trip in the back of your minds http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts9065991.aspx here the link thread to the event SYOTR
 Selkirk
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 3/4/2008 7:45:09 AM
Float trip sounds fun... but it's kinda far off.

There's always lots of fun and cool things to do here in Columbia - Art festivals, live music.

Let's come up with something for March!

I also know that the MO BluesNBBQ Fest is coming back this year! If you missed that party, you missed a good one!
 Selkirk
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 7/8/2008 11:11:21 AM
Never happened... as you can tell by this thread, there are only 2 or 3 people from the Columbia area. :(

Like I said in an earlier post, the MO Blues N BBQ would be a good event, we could wear a special tag to ID each other there.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 54
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 7/13/2008 7:17:20 AM
Well, I am surprised that it has yet to happen...I thought Columbia was a major party town!? lol

You guys, of course, are ALWAYS welcome at one of the St. Louis and surrounding areas, events! The ones I host at the Strat are reasonable on accommodations, so making the trip would not be a major deal. :) Especially if a few of you carpooled/shared rooms!

We have one happening on August 8th (and 9th) called The Crazy 8s Party...check out it's thread. :) Rooms are only $35 a night, and we are extending the evenings festivities into a next day Sand Volleyball and BBQ for $5 a person. :)

But seriously...the BEST way to get them going, is to just PLAN AND POST IT. You might get less than 10 at the first turn out, but make an aftermath thread showing pics of you all having a good time, and it will attract more to the next one. If I asked everyone for their ideas and best dates...I would NEVER get one planned...it would turn into a major headache! ;)
 Selkirk
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 7/17/2008 5:44:46 PM
I suspect that gas prices are keeping people from the I-70 shuffle.

The idea was to get something "cooking" in Columbia, and it's the perfect halfway spot for you KC and STL folks.

So HERE it is... the official invitation.

Come gather at the Roots 'N Blues BBQ fest - Friday and Saturday, October 3-4, 2008.

Google "Roots and Blues BBQ fest" for the website link.

Plenty of time to plan and save for the fill-up at the gas pump!

We could all wear a pin or sticker that would ID us as POF'ers. Check out the website for the list of artists, and come discover some new music as well!

The event draws about 30,000 people - is that comparable to Soulard Mardi Gras? Every street in downtown Columbia is packed with people. Lots of vendors, artists, food! Take a look at the pics on the website.
 Chuck65201
Msg: 56
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 7/20/2008 2:28:03 PM
Oh ya what a great idea to meet up at the "Roots and Blues BBQ fest" and have some good company and some good times,get to know new friends and enjoy the day. I like it!

Now we gotta figure a common meet up point and which day and a time to meet up.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 57
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 7/21/2008 9:10:45 AM
I love this idea...and yes, plenty of time to plan for it!

Here is what I humbly suggest...

Get hotel info for those needing such...find the closest, most reasonable. Drury Inns offer GROUP RATES and hold the rates for a good amount of time, plus make reservations simple with a Group Reservation site. :) Some even offer SHUTTLE services...which makes a great meet up point, as well! (Not to mention takes care of the worries of driving if drinking, or having designated drivers)

Post a thorough (with all info, versus just an "interest" thread) event thread, and post it using the event forums, not Missouri forums...so it will be green linked. (Feel free to email me if you need help on such)

SOMEONE has to act as host/hostess...whomever posts such...and you can have co-hosts and hostesses as well. :) This enables you to utilize the mass mail feature as well.

I will be watching for this one! ;)
 Chuck65201
Msg: 58
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 7/21/2008 10:34:29 AM
Well I 'm not the greatest at organizing this kind of thing and such.

I do not drink so I do not have to worry about the drinking/drunk issues.

I do live like 2 blocks from downtown so that is a plus.

We have city transit available that goes from down town to most all of the major hotels/motels. It cuts off at a certain hour at night though and the Saturday schedule is a little different than during the week,no buses on Sunday.

There are cabs available in town.

If one of our members that did not drink had a van that would save alot of cab or bus fairs if everybody slipped them a couple bucks for fuel.

Just my 2 cents.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 59
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 7/21/2008 11:57:22 AM
Organizing is actually a cinch! :) Even more so when you are just posting the info for an event that is already in existence...you are just getting the group to attend as a group! :)

I never think of public transportation cause where I am at, we have NONE. :) But even better...especially for those who would be travelling!

So if you don't wanna host such...how about the OP? ;)
 cardsfanjan
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 7/21/2008 9:36:56 PM
I think Columbia would be a great idea. I live just west of St. Louis but don't mind the drive over.

Jan
 gravittr
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 9/13/2008 4:42:25 PM
looks like i need to read the forums. im really interested in meeting poeple in this area. and not really having any luck finding anyone is seruios in keeping.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 1/15/2009 12:28:46 AM
Hey there all of you mid Mo Fish hey if you are looking for some thing to do later on in the spring on the Memorial day Weekend.There is the Annual POF Fish Float I know its a bit early for this I just wanted to throw it out there for you all to start to think about it.If any of you might be interested here is the Event Thread check it out .
SYOTR Bryon
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts11596255.aspx
 noshebubbahere
Msg: 71
Columbia Gathering
Posted: 1/22/2009 4:50:41 AM
It is likely too late to reach anybody, but how about the equine celebration at Boone county fairgrounds tomorrow and Saturday.
http://www.mo-equine.org/Horse_Celebration/2009CelebrationSchedule.pdf
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Columbia Gathering