Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > How dangerous is the Pakistan situation?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gizmosellschickens
Msg: 14
view profile
History
How dangerous is the Pakistan situation?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Musharaff's I cant blame him using emergacy rule we all know the altnerative is worse like the taliban ruling pakistan. Democracy only works well when people are fed and clothed, and have sizable middle and working class with jobs. Bush wants to preach democracy, but im sorry if i was ruler of Pakistan I would have to curtial certian liberities to go after the taliban period.
 IslandDreams56
Msg: 16
view profile
History
How dangerous is the Pakistan situation?
Posted: 11/4/2007 11:27:29 PM
MG: Great posts, as always. You know your history, both recent events and
possible futures. I did post saying that I hoped Bhutto could survive
long enough to make a difference in these difficult days.

It seems it's not enough just to survive, making changes in the
power structure is a huge key. Benazir is not able to make that that
step at this time, so she must be discounted as an effective
element of change. It's unfortunate, but nonetheless true.

A complex situation has become a nightmare. The planned alliance
between Bhutto and Musharaff is falling apart at the seams.
Whichever US policy guru thought this one up should be issued
an M-16 and sent to patrol the mean streets of Ramadi (totally pacified now, of course)

Pakistan has been a PR nightmare for the US from the beginning. This latest
attempt had high hopes for success on many levels.
Unfortunately, Musharaff views her as a threat, so I don't see
her having too many more birthday parties.

If something does happen to her, he will have to be even tougher on the
Waz. just for appearances sake.
So perhaps it's not a total loss for the US planners.
She and her family might feel differently.
One thing the US should know better than any other nation.

Democracy can not flourish under a cloud of doubt.
Truth, and ethical behaviour are paramount.
 Mr. Raitano
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/5/2007 5:43:18 PM
Are there any middle eastern countries that we should not remove?

Why do we not begin by letting Israel be removed? That in itself would be the most important factor in getting rid of any terrorist groups there.
 Mr. Raitano
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/6/2007 2:55:24 PM
Israel get $3 billion from myself and fellow American tax payers. They get the best weaponry, tanks, jets etc.

Why should Israel get the largest foreign aid gift in the world, and the weaponry of the most advanced nation?

U.S. AID to Israel:

Benefits to Israel of U.S. Aid
Since 1949 (As of November 1, 1997)

Foreign Aid Grants and Loans
$74,157,600,000

Other U.S. Aid (12.2% of Foreign Aid)
$9,047,227,200

Interest to Israel from Advanced Payments
$1,650,000,000

Grand Total
$84,854,827,200

Total Benefits per Israeli
$14,630

Cost to U.S. Taxpayers of U.S.
Aid to Israel

Grand Total
$84,854,827,200

Interest Costs Borne by U.S.
$49,936,680,000

Total Cost to U.S. Taxpayers
$134,791,507,200

Total Taxpayer Cost per Israeli
$23,240

http://www.wrmea.com/html/us_aid_to_israel.htm

The Jews in Israel mowed down Arabs with machine guns, blew up Arabs with explosives. The Jews came and were Palestine away from the Arabs, displacing them, killing them, terrorizing them, as well as terrorizing the British administering Palesting.

The former Prime Minister, Menachim Begin, and his fellow gang gang blew up the King David Hotel, the headquarters of the British, circa 1947 and killed 82 people. Is that not terrorism? Sharon was a war criminal, indicted at The Hague also.

Israel was founded illegally and based on a lie. It continues to violate international and UN laws. It is a parasite in terms of sucking more U.S. tax payers money. Israel kills members of other ethnic groups as a matter of policy. Israel harbors nuclear weapons. It is a racist, apartheid state.

Do I need to show you what Israel was and currently doing to Palestinians? I have the pictures, how any of you could support such a corrupt group of disgusting people is beyond me.

Israel is torturing Palestinians and everyone can say, "Aww the poor Jews in Israel." They are not the ones being murdered on a mass scale.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > How dangerous is the Pakistan situation?