Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > The Big Lie: ‘Iran Is a Threat’      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 passionteman
Msg: 7
The Big Lie: ‘Iran Is a Threat’Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I am more scared of the Unites States government than Iran. The United States has a history of using atomic bomb on humans while Iran doesn't.
 IslandDreams56
Msg: 28
view profile
History
The Big Lie: ‘Iran Is a Threat’
Posted: 11/19/2007 2:24:04 AM
Hey texCC....
You, better than most, should be smarter than to go into a gunfight armed
with a pea-shooter. Your facts are fallacies and your arguments are
smoke and mirrors.

MG has nailed it and emailed it: case closed.

Iran is in the grip of a quiet revolution for just the reasons cited. The younger
generation has become enamoured with western ways and that will not
change.
Unless, the US continues with its imperialistic policies and changes
their hearts and minds.
 gtomustang
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/7/2007 5:17:02 AM
"So, if I understand the President correctly, the NIE that states that Iran stopped it's nuclear program is actually PROOF that it's a threat to the world. .

Hmmm...."

>>>While I'd love to label this tongue-in-cheek....history proves otherwise. my memory is fuddled with sleep, but MG can do the research on Team B. I believe bush sr.'s CIA funded a Team A and a Team B to look at the Soviet's nuclear capabilities, and people such as Rumsfeld and Cheney were on Team B. their conclusions? The fact that no new tech could be discovered in the Soviet military was PROOF high tech existed, b/c we couldn't find it (huh?). and thus detente fell apart, and the cold war went on rather than thawed out, even tho selling them wheat to eat might have been a hint at how rotten the core was.

Its the same damn people telling us things exist b/c we can't find 'em. Those known knowns and known unknowns. Rumsfeld wasn't just trying to be funny when he said this, it really is the way his twisted mind thinks.

and they are in charge....

exodusi1
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2007 10:06:21 AM
Wow, what are they feeding neocons these days? Raw meat?

How Hitlarian of "some" of you.

The message I have taken from this is that the neocons basically advocate GENOCIDE, since that is the only way to ensure that no one will ever attack us again.

Iran is not now, nor has it EVER been a serious threat to our national security.

The Iranian people are amongst the most Liberal and open in the region.

To the isiot who said we should shut up, how about you go to school for awhile, so you can stop being so ignorant? When you get to a class on the US Constitution, slow down and read that first amendment a few times. Then pay particular attention when you read Federalist #s 10 & 51.

To Meistro;
Your first post was the best response I've seen from you since I began posting. You and I often disagree and likely will continue to do so regarding economics. However, your post we well spoken and 100% accurate. Good Job.
 passionteman
Msg: 76
Posted: 12/9/2007 10:22:45 AM
Tomozzo

what do you say to a person as "profound" as this. answer... exile him to iran

- I don't need to be exiled there. I have already spent a great time living overseas in different Islamic countries since I was a child and travelled with parents. As a matter of fact, I had my own recent trip to Asia as well and know well enough that region, its people and culture and all.
- On the other hand, it looks to me that your "profound" thoughts are coming out of ideologies channeled to you by the controlled media, such as Fox and CNN.
- I suggest you save some money and travel in different countries to actually experience in person and then we would have much of a fruitful discussion where I am assured that I am debating with someone who has worldly experience as well.
 OneBlend
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2007 9:23:14 PM
Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyOeZ_k83K8&feature=related
 OneBlend
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2007 9:32:39 PM
We should be tired of ALL the lies by now. Tyrants in office.
 Noexcuse
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/12/2007 11:00:16 PM
I agree "arandomguy"

people trash talk liberals but dont understand that bush doesnt run a conservative gov't. People trash talk liberals because the media calls anything it doesnt like a liberal idea....conservative sounds like a nice word...so Americans like to be called that.

Hillary Clinton and Obama arent liberals..they arent populists...they centrists that cater to the oligarchy that is the united states.
 Noexcuse
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/12/2007 11:05:19 PM

Iran is a business rival challenging US hegemony in the region and the dominance of the greenback in the oil trade. and it's support of other countries in the region directly stop the zionist dream of a" greater israel from the nile to the euphrates".

This is true..the reason the United States invaded Iraq was because he was selling iraqi oil in euros not dollars. He also excluded the US special rights as an oil trading partner that were awarded to European powers.

I think its also necessary to note the United States during the Clinton Administration tried to build an oil pipeline thru Iraq and thus supported the Taliban at the time...when the Bush regime started the war in Afghanistan it had nothing to do with 9/11....they wanted to get bak in the country to stabalize it and make it friendly to US interests.

The united states also needed control over the opium crop in Afghanistan which despite the "war" on drugs...has only increased exponentially since we invaded. Of course everyone knows...the United States makes money off the drugs that enter its borders...and it makes money again when it locks up people for using them.

Big business buddy....capitalism needs to grow...and sometimes...that means war.
 Noexcuse
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/13/2007 8:07:06 PM

Ithink its also necessary to note the United States during the Clinton Administration tried to build an oil pipeline thru Iraq and thus supported the Taliban at the time...when the Bush regime started the war in Afghanistan it had nothing to do with 9/11....they wanted to get bak in the country to stabalize it and make it friendly to US interests.

The name of the company is UNOCAL....and that is the entire reason behind the war in afghanistan post 9/11
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > The Big Lie: ‘Iran Is a Threat’