Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Your weight or age Y lie both woman and men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lifeisgrr8t
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Your weight or age Y lie both woman and menPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ok now that I broke my cherry on another thread thought this 1 would get some attention !Frist off this is not a site for the blind or deaf So y lie? Ok now We all think we r a few xtra pounds Well I think I am. Ok I like all types of woman from small to the BBW Hell I like all woman Well except Barbie she can go be some rich person's trophy. Well I have had the privlage to have met many ladies And the one's that have put few extra pounds in there profile!! But when I meet them well I would say they were alot more than a few pounds over more like BBW which is ok but is it because they or u think u r just a few over or don't or can't face the truth.? Second I found the word Honesty in most womans profile at least once if not more and this applies to men as well as I have heard some pretty scarry stories as I also have a few as well and shut up to those that they say NOT ME 1 date don't count. Same with age it seem that is been another white lie I often meet. And let me tell you these have been some very sweet woman that have fibed.So if you r on here to really meet someone why lie or is there just alot they just want to hide behind there computers and don't ever plan on meeting someone. But then she or he e-mail's u and now u think wow I like this person so you think they won't notice your fib's ? I had a friend who sold cars and one day the ph rang he answered they wanted to know if the car had a 6 or 4 clinder and he asked what were u looking for they said 6 and he said I thinks its a 6 knowing it was a 4clinder so I asked y did u lie and he said well If I told them the truth they wound't come in So is that what u think if they meet you they might not care! or if u told them up front they may say sorry not interested ? Your thoughts
 littlephishy
Msg: 2
Your weight or age Y lie both woman and men
Posted: 11/1/2007 2:04:29 PM
You forgot to include the word "Average"............LOL......Newbie
 Amicable
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/1/2007 2:27:48 PM
Ok I will admit that on my profile I put thin...whoever if you read my profile it states my height and weight. I am most likely more average than thin, but when I look at other's profiles and see the word average associated with a rather large beer belly, thats not me.Heck while I am typing how about the person that puts athletic, some are, however my experience shows me the only real mussel is in the are lifting those beer bottles to the mouth. My age is correct, I am sorry to say, I would love to by younger, but I would not change it either. As life has been one journey after another,

DD
 TheUnXpected
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/1/2007 3:23:46 PM
I totally agree. Even guys do this. I've met a few guys that put average and they are NOT AVERAGE, so it goes both ways. That's why I put on mine BBW and in my profile I reiterate that I have a huge pudunkadunk etc., just in case they missed it. Even after spelling it out on my profile some guys will say "oh but you don't look like you are big in your pics" WELL HELLO, I'm not going to post a picture of my rear end to make the point! READ THE FINE PRINT....I said I had a big butt not a fat head.

The other thing some guys lie about is their height, so it just doesn't end at the weight and age issue. I would prefer that only men that like women of my size contact me, not guys that are looking for thin, athletic or a few extra pounds (which to me that means about 20lbs over weight, not 50). So what I say to these people is really BE AS HONEST as possible because you have nothing to lose. You are here looking for a potential mate or someone to spend time with. Do you want them to think right off the bat that you are a liar? Do you want them to then meet you and think "wow, she said she was average and she's 400lbs."? What's the point, you'll never see him again. Why waste your time and his, unless you are looking for a free meal.

Same with the guys, say how old you are, how tall you are etc., that way I can go in flats when I meet you not in my 4" heels.
 itsmetigress1
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2007 4:22:28 PM
The problem is that "average" doesn't mean the same to everyone, they all have their own ideas of what average should look like. I list my self as a few extra pounds, I know I'm not what is pretty widely still thought of as average but I also don't see myself as a BBW. Then again I have pictures in my profile, if somebody doesn't agree with my "few extra pounds" they can see this and move on. With such general descriptions it is pretty hard to tell what is considered lying and what isn't unless of course someone is claiming that they are athletic and they are 500 lbs then I can see there being some issues there....but as for the differences in average and a few extra, who is to say what IS average anymore? A few years ago size 2 models were the target to be considered average, not true anymore. If a woman tells you she is 5'9 and 130 lbs then you meet her and she turns out to be 5'9 and 200 lbs then yes that is a blantent lie and there really is no reason for that. I am amazed at some of the rude names I get called and at a size 10 I honestly don't think I am all that big, but from the way a lot of the guys on here seem to see it I might as well not be able to get out of bed in the morning, am I supposed to change how I see myself because THEY think I should "advertise" myself as a BBW? No it wont happen. People will describe themselves as what they see when they look in the mirror. I have seen plenty of guys that with a pretty large beer gut didn't seem to fall under the "athletic" title they gave themselves, but it isn't up to me to judge if they are or aren't if that is how they see themselves then more power to them, better than having low self-estem in my book.
 Nephilim
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2007 6:02:38 PM
This is like tons of other rhetorical whines.

-Why can't I find men who want more than sex?
-Why can't I find women who want more sex?
-Why do people lie about what they look like?
-Why do I only hook up with ugly chicks?
-Why don't people post photos?
-Why can't I get laid?
-Why can I only get laid?

When people ask these questions, they know the answers. First, if people are seriously on this site for dating, they are more likely less desirable than most people. Most average people without social problems can find dates through more "traditional" methods. So, the number of undesirables or people not really looking is pretty high.

So, the obvious answers that I'm sure you know:
-People lie because they aren't having success being themselves and aren't happy with who they are and don't have the drive to make real changes.
-They don't post photos because they are unattractive. If they post lots of photos and are unattractive, they are probably unaware of how unattractive they are.
-Men don't want just sex, just the men you date only want sex from you. Perhaps they don't like you enough for more, or these particular men are only looking for sex.
-If you don't think want "just sex", it is true, they don't want just sex, with you, or are looking for a relationship.
-You only hook up with ugly chicks because you are ugly, or are lazy and just take whatever comes your way.

Basically you just have to take the internet for what it is.
 Amicable
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/2/2007 4:11:48 AM

Message 4. What does it matter what anyone else puts in their profile. Dare to be honest! Just put average.

Because I don't need too! All my info about height-weight is in my profile. I have a full length picture posted, along with a few other's resent pictures. All of my Pictures except the one in the brown top are less that 6 months old.

Enough said.

DD
 srqflaman
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/2/2007 5:34:44 AM
I met one woman...stated she was "average".....she showed up, this gal must have worn a size 16 !!!! that's not average for sure....heck she was FAT....

Another woman who I have conversed with posted her age as 51.....but I found out by some cross-referencing that she is more like 60.........heh heh
 srqflaman
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/2/2007 5:38:22 AM
why do fat girls get tattos on their backsides ???

A 'few extra pounds' means you are essentially OVERWEIGHT and not in shape
 Amicable
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/2/2007 6:43:51 AM
why do fat girls get tattos on their backsides ?? .

It is not only fat girls that get these tats they are AKA " tramp stamp". I have read it in other mens profiles and had it explained to me "that a woman that would get those would do anything", thus the nic as a tramp stamp. Personally I really don't know and I really don't care to know. I don't have any tats, excessive body piercings.

DD
 itsmetigress1
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 7:20:46 AM
It's funny people still believe that a tattoo in any place makes you a certain kind of person...and it's really funny that people think that because it is the "net" they don't have to be polite and it's ok to call some one names..if you don't like the way someone looks then just keep walking by, why the need to throw insults? It doesn't matter how YOU see someone,it matters how THEY see themselves.
 blueslady11
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/2/2007 7:27:01 AM
Whoa Nelly hold up there DD - love you large girlfriend but women with tattoo's are NOT AKA Tramp Stamp !! But thats not what this post topic is so I digress.

Average is not thin or overweight. Body type is important to most people, it goes along with chemistry and attraction. If a person isnt honest on their profile I can only imagine they go on alot of first dates and not too many second dates.
 Cajun3149
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/2/2007 7:37:49 AM
If they change the profile to include a person's exact weight, hip size, breast size, stomach size, etc., that might make it easier than just saying thin, average or a few extra pounds. Might even include the shoe size for men LOL.
 Nephilim
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 8:20:20 AM
Sounds like some people were offended by that "tramp-stamp" remark. I found that funny. Has anyone ever met a woman who admitted she was a tramp? Usually they don't think of themselves that way. The ones who do admit it are a special kind of woman.

I think there are certain corrolations. Abstinance corrolates with religious devotion. Most people, it seems, are pretty ardent believers in premarital sex, but there is some invisible line that they must not cross for fear of being a tramp/slut/whatever. It usually has nothing to do with a number or any set of actions, only a consensus of observers. Seems like a silly concept to me, one of the may quirks of human nature. I also think there is a positive corrolation between risk taking behaviors like smoking, tattoos, piercings, etc. and sexual promiscuity.

So, yeah, if she has the famous ass-advirtising there is a strong chance she is not a nun. Just the ass-crack being exposed is the halmark of a tramp or a plumber. Thats not to say that I pass judgement on those who display their sexual availability, quite the contrary, I think those who shuck the values of polite society may be have a better underatanding of the objective reality.
 Realzest4life2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 8:26:22 AM
Women have been lying about their ages for years! Why should online be any different..Sort of like why men lie about their height and how much money they make. Who cares ??
 crow49
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/2/2007 8:39:34 AM
I'm with you Cajun. Putting all that would make it easier for everyone. The only problem with that is that most would lie about that too. Even if you put mens shoe sizes they wouldn't tell the truth. So that leaves us with " Just put down average " and that will take care of it that way you are not bothered by worrying about the small stuff and get going on whats important.
 Nephilim
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 8:46:50 AM
Like anything else online, remember caveat emptor; buyer beware. If there aren't many photos, or they are all from the neck up or at odd angles, then there is a reason. In this day and age there is no valid reason not to be able to get full body photos and put them online. If it isn't in the photos, assume it is being hidden for good reason.
 lifeisgrr8t
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 10:35:35 AM
Hey All
What I wanted know was what is a few extra pounds mean 20-30 over average Like if you r 5' 2" and weight 185 plus Is that a few extra because that has been what I have found with woman I meet. Or when u put your 39 and u r really 49 do u think it ok.Hell even models think there fat.And to that we say SHUT UP! If u fib a couple of yr a few pound thats fine But just like hieght do u think men that the lady is going to think she had a growing spurt at 45 so again y lie? Those r my ?
 Amicable
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/2/2007 11:12:48 AM
Hey Blues

Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intent. My daughter has way too many tats and piercings and I do love her dearly.

srqflaman asked a question about the tats.

And sorry for going off topic!

DD
 blueslady11
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/2/2007 11:54:02 AM
What I wanted know was what is a few extra pounds mean 20-30 over average

Since there is no "Man, Im really Porkin Out Over Here" key in the POF selection Id have to say that Im with Cajun and Crow. The truth depends on who's tellin it....20-30 lbs over your height/weight proportion is a few extra pounds, Id say. They should have an ABOVE average key....Id pick that one.

(DD: I know ya luv me....none taken)

<----- Green Banana average or skinny ?
 Amicable
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/2/2007 12:11:21 PM
(DD: I know ya luv me....none taken)

TY

A few extra pounds...hmmmm I had a gentleman ask when I was going to finish loosing the extra weight I gained while living in Quebec, he was not happy that I had already lost 50. Anyway he's history

Still fishing for the 1

DD
 crow49
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/2/2007 12:14:55 PM
well that's a good question Karen, I'd say average, this will give you all something to ponder.

It's like the question, what came first the chicken or the egg? My answer has always been " The Rooster "

Nephilim
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 2:50:30 PM
Someone once gave me the answer to that one.

The egg came before the chicken, because not only ckickens lay eggs, so do proto-chickens if you are into evolution. If not, it still stands to reason that the chicken wasn't the first egg laying animal.
 SEEKING UNIQUE
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/3/2007 8:16:20 AM
I think the pooch lady may have the closest reason for these "little white lies". People all say they want honesty but typically don't want to hear the truth. I believe she's right when she said that they hope that when you meet, it won't make any difference. (or something like that)These are people that don't even tell the truth to themselves. If honesty is one of the foundations of a lasting relationship(and I believe it is) then anyone who starts out with a lie is doomed before they start. you can't expect honesty and not give it. No matter who you are, there is a person(actually lots) for you. Each person has their own version of what is perfect for them. If you lie in the beginning, you will never meet that person.
 AeroPeach
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/3/2007 8:45:53 AM
You know, the problem is that men are buying into that Hollywood supermodel stereotype. To the poster that said a size 16 was a 'fat girl'... big news buddy, she was just a few extra pounds above average, if not average itself. These days the *average* woman is in a size 14. There is no size '15' in women's clothes, I think there is in juniors, but that's for teens. One dress size averages about a 20 pound gain or loss.

And guess what? Marilyn Monroe was a size 14 to 16 during the height of her career. These days, she'd be considered 'plus sized' by Hollywood.

Sure there are extremes to everything. I'm very overweight, I have no problems acknowledging that. But the fact that so many men prefer such a small portion of the population these days is just sad. Not that long ago, rubenesque women were the ideal. I suppose it will all cycle back around eventually, though probably not in my lifetime.

Sarah

http://personals.aol.com/love-dating/_a/female-shape-men-like-the-most/20070104101609990001
http://www.bigfatblog.com/node/1049
http://www.thisisby.us/index.php/content/dress_size_and_weight
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Your weight or age Y lie both woman and men