Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Alternative life on Second Life      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Alternative life on Second LifePage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
looked at the program ages ago, might still have an account, lost all my clothes and could not be bothered trying to get them back, got totally bored with it as prefer fps games

recall the people are like shop dummies and have no genetalia as such, so u have to "imagine" having sex

did not seem to be very newb friendly and got bored and left :)
 dub08
Msg: 15
Alternative life on Second Life
Posted: 11/4/2007 2:06:34 PM
I read about it in my cosmo so thought I would check it out! Far too confusing for me Im afraid - maybe you need to play computer games etc to be able to figure out the site and the functions because I hadnt a clue so I gave up!
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2008 9:52:15 AM
knew some lady who plays on second life, she got chatting to some handsome guy on the site and slowly realised it was was some fat overweight out of work dweeb who lived down her street, not sure he ever realised who she was....

play plenty of online games, more into the MMORPG like eve or vendetta

was stuck on the training island and got soo bored, would have to d/l it again as it got wiped
 interorl7
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/2/2008 4:51:06 AM

What do they do in there??.. baffles me

Pretty much everything and more that you do in real life. Some companies are actually hiring Sales/Marketing professionals to promote 'real world' products in virtual worlds like 'Second Life' as they have determined that promotion there results in real world sales out of the virtual reality. Fascinating to me from a business prospective.

Saw a show about people who were earning real money by doing commerce in these virtual worlds. A couple of people were making most of their 'real world' income in these virtual worlds.

Perhaps if they get a 'tactile' sense-feedback suit that will let you 'feel' someone and they 'feel' you than it would really be something. After all the more 'senses' that are brought to bare the more intense the experience.

For me, I prefer to meet someone in person, face to face. I want to feel her skin next to mine. I doubt that would change, even if such a 'tactile' suit was refined and finally mass produced. (I know they are working on them and have seen prototypes).
 AlbemarleGuy
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/4/2009 10:27:16 PM
I am on SL, and been on over a year....
I am an active roleplayer in a few diffrent areas, all mainly sci fi based..
I also use it because i am a 3d modeler and use the engine to further enhance my skills in 3d modeling
 horlix
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2009 4:59:35 AM
I read the thing about someone making a million quid currency trading on there. Apparently there's on-line designer boutiques where you can buy Gaultier etc for your character using real cash. Talk about more money than sense.

Meanwhile, Le Pen, the French Nazi, opened a branch of his party on there, so a load of left-wing avatars gathered to protest and they had a riot.

Also the uni. lecturer who told me one of his students had to repeat a semester after his avatar had a relationship break-up on there. The kid was as emotionally devastated as if he'd really been dumped.

I'm not making this up. Honest.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2009 7:18:50 AM
I don't play second life but I do play Tribal Wars... And I'm vicious too!!!

Thoroughly enjoy it, got forums on there, tribes and everything, so I can be cliquey to my hearts content!!!

So I'm a geek ... Who cares...
 AlbemarleGuy
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/5/2009 8:39:00 AM
they used second life on an episode of CSI: NY....was pretty interesting
like i said, i use it as a distraction from rl once in a while....
I'm a disabled veteran and dont get out much lol
 leathergirl
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/14/2009 10:47:05 AM
hi there, i am reading all t his about second life,
there is alot of bad things that can be said about second life, but there is just as many good things to say about it ..
i have been on second life for four years now and i have seen ppl meet, date, get married into second life and then took it into real life,
i have also seen ppl make a full time living out of second life,,thats right ..i know a few couples who have quit their real life jobs and worked full time on second life and make more money then they did in real life,
I train over 100 newbies a week ,,,,and it has not taken over my life. or theirs ...I myself am a model, sales person, dancer, and also recently i started to sing on second life and i make over 100$ usa some months .other months i dont make anything .

so yes there is some bad,,but it is not fair to just post all the bad things and not any good ...i say ..HEY If you can live two lives and make money and have some fun .then GO FOR IT ! ..it hasnt taken over my life ..i still have a full real life, but i just made it apart of my life...

if there is ppl who second life has taken over your life ..then i say its the person's fault not second life,,,,,its a game like anything else,

GO FOR IT PPPL ..JOIN SECOND LIFE .>HAVE FUN >>like everything else .control your time on it ...and look me up ..hehe Marie Dasilva ....let me show u the good side of second life...!
 Asjjiia
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/5/2011 10:11:10 AM
I actually play this game and I enjoy it very much. It is a place to be creative in many ways. I create things. I make buildings and decorations. Others create clothing, toys, pets, if you can imagine it and find the skills you can create it.

As for the sex aspect of it. It' like being in an interactive cartoon. You can do any thing you want, if you can find or make the script to do it . There are toys, appendages, scripted or non-scripted, actions and behaviors, beds and chains to play in any way you want. There are clubs to join to enhance your experience.

Get caught practicing pedophilia you run a HIGH risk of being reported. It is my understanding that if you get reported for practicing pedophilia inworld, you WILL find a real life police officer knocking at your real life door. It is not tolerated. Asking for someone to wear a child alt for the purposes of sex is illegal to the game and the offender will get banned from sims, could get reported just for asking getting caught will get you reported.

I expect there are secret places but I would report them if I found them, as would most SL gamers.

As for jobs, yes, you can get a job there same as in the real world actually. I have met a few who's real life job is selling real estate in second life.

You can buy land but must pay a weekly tier to keep it. Or you can rent a house on someone else's land and pay your rent weekly, biweekly or monthly. I just met someone who pays two years at a time.

Personally, I haven't found a job that I don't feel compromises and I just make a little money when I can sell something I build.

I would love to find someone in Second life to get Second life settled down. One can get married, have babies, raise them and when the sl child is sl old enough an adult is supposed to take it over and give it a second life existence and make it look like they want to look. At least that's what I've been told.

It can be addictive but gamers really should try to remember that, in Second Life, there are no bots. Every single avatar you meet in SL is controlled by a real human being. They have real life feelings and reactions. Some are nice and some, not so much.

Give it a go, live your second life and be respectful of others living their second lives but don't let it interfere with your First and real life.
 Asjjiia
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/5/2011 10:14:14 AM
I actually don't do well with the Sims either but I love Second Life. It can't hurt to give it a try.
 PrincessLina
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 12:52:38 PM
Tried it along time ago.. but found sims to be better lol.. unfortunately sims are not online anymore:(
 luvinthesun55
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2012 1:19:25 PM
hey royalbk,
i just wanted to say Hi5 to you..Second Life is going to be what you make it..
and just as in the real world..there are all kinds of people and behaviors. alot of people don't realize
that this virtual world is a great tool for corporations, colleges, and many different professions, and even the US government..they all use it for designing, holding classes, and meetings, etc..there's endless posiibilities.
i spoke to an architect who actually built a model of a building he was custom designing..he uploaded all of the textures he was using also. he had a few accounts that the client could log into Second Life with..they would meet..and walk thru the building...HOW COOL IS THAT??? so you see..it isn't about all the bad publicity you read..and i do have a friend on there who helps seek the evil ones out. so , yes i play..have friends from all over the world ( had 2 visit last yer..was great)..and i create and design..because it's such a fun way to get the creativity out.
just wanted to say thx for a more positive look at SL..it isn't all bad
luvinthesun55
(luvin-the-sun) lol
 luvinthesun55
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2012 1:20:48 PM
LOVE *IT *LEATHERGIRL!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Alternative life on Second Life