Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women still like Secret Admirers..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 2
Do women still like Secret Admirers..Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
In my opinion, the point of secret admirer is to never find out, so we can't be dissapointed, right?

I'm ok with it if the person never comes forward. 9 times out of 10 the person you visualize and the person it actually is are day and night anyway. I am a realist and all, but in this case, the fantasy always seems to have been better.

In that case, I say go for it!
 Malley
Msg: 3
Do women still like Secret Admirers..
Posted: 11/6/2007 10:16:49 AM
Yes Marcus ... I think a lot of women would enjoy these types of romantic gestures ... every now and again ... anonymously would be very intriguing indeed ...

As for being dropped in the wrong Era ... NO ... this is what makes you unique and special in the time you are in ...
 Miss W
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/6/2007 11:11:51 AM
Nope. I prefer to be worshipped out in the open.
 beerchen
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2007 3:27:23 AM
I can understand where you are going with this, at least i think i do.

I would enjoy the little posty note or what have you from the person i'm with. or, at least is mutually interested.

You are right though. it's not ok anymore to sent things to women who don't wish to be persued unless the have a slight clue after the first or second time of who this person is.

maybe , you could do little sweet things for the person you care for and who returns those feelings. The effect of the surprise of the attention is still very powerful to me, so if my partner would sent me a poem, flowers, or a small token , i would feel very flattered , cared for, and almost honored.
People tend to forget tho that it's not the monetary value of the gift you offer, but the feelings and meaning behind it.
In that sense, a single flower picked by the roadside , a little note that says i'm thinking of you, or a text that says that you can't wait to see me later means much more then all other .
Forgive me if that makes me sound hopelessly and clueless romantic.
 krys315
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2007 6:16:56 AM

It's a little " the call is coming from inside the house" for me.

EXACTLY

But honestly i would find it sweet, if it only happened like once and the person either then came forward, or never sent me anything again. Not knowing who sent it, and if they keep sending things becomes a little "stalker status" and scary, especially if the female is younger. Younger girls like myself, can't be too careful nowadays with the psychos and freaks running about.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women still like Secret Admirers..