Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > body type [closed - redundant]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Acapitalman
Msg: 1
view profile
History
body type [closed - redundant]Page 1 of 1    
To some people body type or size is important. To some it may be because it shows lifestyle. I feel it would be a great improvement if there were more choices. Also that body type was one you could search on and pick 2 or 3 or more of them for a single advanced searched.
Suggested categories:
Thin
slight
trim
fit
athletic
(don't provide "average" as a choice it is abused and misused, ultimately to many pick it and so provides no real information)
comfortable
slightly padded
plump
a few extra pounds
big boy/girl
 *Eiledon*
Msg: 2
body type [closed - redunant]
Posted: 11/6/2007 8:10:14 PM
Thin
slight
trim
fit
athletic
comfortable
slightly padded
plump
a few extra pounds
big boy/girl

You REALLY think more choices will prevent people from seeing themselves thru rose-coloured glasses?

(don't provide "average" as a choice it is abused and misused, ultimately to many pick it and so provides no real information)

Recent studies show the 'average' North American and Brit to be clinically obese, so in a suprising number of profiles, that choice is indeed accurate.

The fact is, no matter what choices are available, there will always be people who consider their body type differently from how others might.

It's all subjective.
 texasbeach
Msg: 4
body type
Posted: 10/15/2009 7:09:06 AM
POF PLease
Body type is too subjective and nearly useless.
Average does not mean 20 pounds overweight
A few extra pounds doesn't mean obese

SUGESSTION
Height and weight required would end all this mess.
Then the viewer can decide for themselves.

For example, I think a woman of 5-4 and 112 pounds is just right for me,
where someone else might find her a bit skinny and be much more
comfortable with a soft and curvy 5-4 and 140 pounds.

Please just let US decide the physical part that we are attracted to .

--Zen--
Msg: 5
body type
Posted: 12/13/2011 5:59:51 AM
Hmm how about units of weight? You know kilograms, pounds?
 Th3OtherGuy
Msg: 6
body type
Posted: 12/13/2011 8:22:48 AM
Agreed, the women get to see my exact height, my income and other qualities that are important to them. But I have to guess from pictures taken from above their head which will hide if they have a double chin and there is no full body shot requirement to let me know what they look like. I am tired of people who say "curvy" or a "few extra pounds" that would be obese. Just list the exact weight just like we do with the height. If are insecure about their weight, get over yourself, honesty is what will make the experience on POF a positive one.

-I am a paying member BTW-
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > body type [closed - redundant]