Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Ladies first meeting      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thatguy276
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Ladies first meetingPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^And women actually think that's cool? Ok... mental note to try that on my next first meet.
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Ladies first meeting
Posted: 11/7/2007 5:55:39 AM

A really cool way of going about it is what i do and it's always a safe option with out making you look stupid, Shake her hand but with the double hand shake, one hand holds her hand, the other is placed on her upper outstreched forarm just below the elbow, like a politician does ! big smile and solid eye contact ! bingo.......

that is exactly why I wouldn't want to be greeted that why.... politicians are smarmy baskets lol....

a simple peck on the cheek or and a small quick hug is perfect to me
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Ladies first meeting
Posted: 11/7/2007 6:32:48 AM

Just make sure it is obvious which cheek you are aiming for so noses dont collide

depends which cheeks are getting the peck though taralara,may not have a nose to collide with

ooppss... my bad... will behave now... couldn't resist lol
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 18
Ladies first meeting
Posted: 11/7/2007 7:04:35 AM
A handshake is all I am comfortable with if I've never met someone before.
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Ladies first meeting
Posted: 11/7/2007 7:54:14 AM

And what happens when your/he is repulsed by said date ?

I hardly think you are going to be repulsed by them when you first see them if you have seen recent pictures of them... good grief... I give a peck to my elderly neighbour when I see her... doesn't mean I am turned on by it... it is just a civil way of friendliness.... a handshake is what two men do when they meet up... I give all my friends and family a peck on the cheek when I greet them... can't see what the problem is???
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Ladies first meeting
Posted: 11/7/2007 8:23:20 AM
marcus you romantic thing you .....

Cool

And we all know dont we that not 'everyone' is exactly honest with there pictures

ok that is different... yeah if they are completely different to what you expected I will agree with you on that point...

Yes thats a lovely gesture but have you thought that your date rather than your nieghbor is thinking about you as a potential sexual partner and by doing that, are you indeed not leading the person down the garden path IF you are repulsed by the date ?

NOOOOOOOOOOO.... if he thought he was striking it lucky just because I accepted a peck on the cheek then he is sadly mistaken and not a gentleman..... I guess coming from a close family,I was taught this way to greet people no matter who they where.... to me,it is just a gesture of being a lady.... nothing should ever give a person the right to assume your in luck so to speak just because you gave a peck on the cheek.... gosh... never knew people thought so deeply over a cheek peck... your frightening me now.
 *buzz*
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Ladies first meeting
Posted: 11/9/2007 12:03:59 PM
Ahhh ... there would have to be a bit of life in the handshake that would match his eyes wide open
 mysteriosa
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Ladies first meeting
Posted: 8/7/2008 5:16:06 AM
Warm and friendly but not too forward. Respectful.

Having said that, it does depend on the woman. One might be happiest with a handshake, another might give you a warm hug. You just have to wing it, so to speak.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Ladies first meeting