Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Commenting on your pics....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jd28spot
Msg: 3
Commenting on your pics....Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Are you serious? Do guys really send you ladies e-mail like that?
I suppose, in their defense, the only thing I can figure is, either they are shy, trying to be "cute" or they are just plain idiots and hope you are ignorant enough to fall for it.
Just my thoughts!
Msg: 4
Commenting on your pics....
Posted: 11/7/2007 7:39:43 PM
Maybe its just a compliment, nothing more. Its hardly poetry I admit but if you think the guy is cute too then perhaps its a start.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/7/2007 9:27:46 PM
No doesn't bother me.
I like the positive feedback.

Be more worried if someone wrote "Damn you look ugly!"
So count your blessings OP.
Some peeps here get no compliments or emails atall.
 deerdog1
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/8/2007 1:24:41 PM
yea I do it whats the big deal

just today i was on the forums and looked at the posters profile .. she had the most amazing green eyes ... she was a gozillion miles away..... wasent my type and because of her restrictions i could not email her but i just had to comment on those eyes ..so i went off topic and told her ...baddd boy ... i wsan't being fresh... i know i will never meet her but i hope i made her day better
 textodd11
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/8/2007 2:13:21 PM

No, girls don't send those types of comments.

That is absolutely incorrect, they do too. Frankly, I love it and simply take it as a compliment. I think the ladies probably should too.

There have been several occassions where I walked up to a lady in a bar and told her nicely that she was cute and asked if I could buy her a drink. Not once did she refuse or become offended. Was it because it was in person and she could tell that my comment was sincere? Maybe.

Maybe ladies who find such comments offensive are approaching the whole online dating thing with too much skepticism and are coming in with a negative attitude. That's no way to find success and you'll eventually attract the type of guy you're trying to avoid. The one that lies, says "all the right things" but in reality just "thinks you're cute" and has no interest in anything else. Which is worse?

Don't automatically discount those of us who occassionally make a tasteful observation on your beauty. It just may be sincere.
 brock11
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/8/2007 2:14:35 PM
I emailed a few women to state that I liked their pics. I didn't say anything that was rude or vulgar. Often I wouldn't be interested in dating these women because of age difference, distance, or other factors. No big deal IMO.
 867love
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/8/2007 6:33:59 PM
sounds kind of unsincere to e-mail something like "your hot" or "like your bod".
a simple ice breaker like "hello etc", or "i find your pictures captivating", would suffice
-not enough ice to sink the titanic...
 godliketoaster
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/30/2008 3:00:41 PM
I have never commented on someones pictures in a message. I think it's a horrible way to introduce yourself to someone.

I always message people who have similar interests as I do or have interesting profiles.

Honestly...I would kinda be offended if someone did the same thing to me, it shows an entire lack of personality in them.
 Vancer
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/30/2008 4:15:51 PM
Never got a comment on my picture in an email.
Not even when I had my normal picture unhidden and my creepy picture hidden.

I have had comments in the forums, and I didn't mind them at all.
 Vancer
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/30/2008 4:55:54 PM
AwesomeMan3221, I think you get away with it because you are good-looking and use a good sense of humour.
Most guys are probably creepy looking and creepy sounding when they do it.
I'm going to try it.

*hunches over keyboard*
"Hey pretty mamma. You got some hottness to share with me?"
*message read/deleted*
 Sardonis
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/30/2008 5:39:54 PM

So my question is this - do guys feel the same way? I'm assuming here that girls do the same thing - send you comments on your pics without saying much else. Does it make you feel creeped out if a girl does that? Or do guys like receiving purely physical email? Is that why they send it?

I get the occasional email saying something like that. I only find it flattering and reply with a sincere thank you.

But then again, I am not afraid of women.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2008 7:17:07 PM
I've done it and had it done.

As far as doing it, I do it with taste I think. Is there a woman that doesn't want to know men think she's attractive? Okay...there's you, but sides that? I was much shyer when I was young, but now as an older man I'll tell a woman she's lovely. If today you find that "creepy" some day I suspect you'll crave those kind words.

As far as women putting that in my email. It's ALWAYS a compliment or when they put me on their favorites list. First off, I know they're intelligent women with impecable taste and I already love them for that alone and thank them for the compliment. When they see I don't ask them out or pursue them, they get the hint it isn't as mutual and their work is done.

I think a little kindness in your heart will serve you well towards maturation.
 blue70
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/29/2008 11:46:33 AM
I always say thank you and do appreciate it! It's very flattering to get from men of any age. What frustrates me soooo much is when I want to tell a younger person the same thing, or tell them how funny or whatever I think they are but due to their restrictions can't.

So then I feel like some kind of perv putting them on my favs- wondering if they'll email me? I do it so that I can hit them up in a chat and tell them. Sometimes when I do that they won't accept the chat invite so they probably just think I'm a perverted cougar.

Just to try to tell a man I like something about him- not ALWAYS to hit on him!!

oh well. Guys- consider removing your requirements for contact. Of course you may not care what I think of you!
 Tinkerbell201
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/29/2008 2:55:30 PM
When I get those messages saying, "pretty lady", "nice pic", etc ..., I ususally just say "thanks", but I like the idea of saying "I know", I bet that WOULD generate some interesting responses! Thanks for the tip!! lol
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/29/2008 4:05:58 PM

So I guess, "I want you to beat me about the head, face, chest and neck with your bodacious bazooms until I cry uncle" is out of the question huh?

Well crap. Guess I won't use that one.

OMG if only some of the email were that funny!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh!
 spiderette
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/3/2008 9:35:23 PM
op: i feel slightly amused, but not much else. it doesn't thrill me, but it doesn't annoy me, either. it's not likely to entice me, but if it makes the guy feel good, then why rain on his parade? it's just so darned generic, nondescript, and harmless. i'm pretty neutral on it - non-issue.
 halfof430
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/4/2008 12:09:10 AM

I mean, you wouldn't go up to some strange girl and say "I think you're cute" without saying anything else, right?

So... that's not a good pick-up line?

*scratches it from the list*
 LancsLad83
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 4:39:49 PM
If someone sent me a positive comment about one of my pictures I would be happy
 xeot
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 3:42:40 PM
Considering how thin a lot of women's profiles are, I don't know exactly what else they would expect a guy to write them about other than their pictures.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Commenting on your pics....