Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Live life to the fullest!.. What the hell does that mean anyways?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pandy
Msg: 11
Live life to the fullest!.. What the hell does that mean anyways?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
in cyberspeak, it means that you have a blank page to describe yourself , and you have no creativity whatsoever....particularly when it's paired with "and make the most out of every day" . These words are almost always typed, not by vivacious, active people, but by couch potatoes with potato chip grease on their shirts.

Excuse me, I'm going to go walking on the beach now....with a pina colada {and get caught in the rain }
 YamIhere
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Live life to the fullest!.. What the hell does that mean anyways?
Posted: 5/18/2005 6:28:22 PM
Do the things you say you can't do and excel at those things others you are incapable of. ... just don't start with the 48 beers the first night ... it will throw you off course
 Pandy
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/18/2005 6:34:50 PM
awwwww that was lovely ladydi.....have I told you lately that I love ya'?
 windygale
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/18/2005 6:45:21 PM
Yea, great song. To live life to the fullest you need to have no regrets. You can be sorry for a short term but to regret is just a waste. Guilt is also a waste. When your 95 and sittin on that porch swing you can re-live that full life. What a bummer if there is no life to re live.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/18/2005 7:23:57 PM
Read my profile and you'll know what it means.

Yep must be a scorpio thing.
 redneckgirl133
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/18/2005 8:12:53 PM
Plan each day like you had the rest of your life....live each day like it was your last.....redneckgirl133
 YamIhere
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2005 8:21:19 PM
Have a and if that's not enough, have two
 GreenyX
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2005 10:50:53 PM
You see many people doing this right now.

Living life to the fullest and destroying the planet
Living life to the fullest stealing retirement pensions
Living life to the fullest and ruining peoples lives
Living life to the fullest and stepping on everyone to get there.
Living life to the fullest and disregarding the pain they bring to others around them

It should be

Loving life to the fullest
 astrosky
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2005 9:42:21 AM
Carpe diem, and Carpe Noctum

Live with no guilt, no regrets, no wishing for the past, no misplaced love, and no fear.
 dreaminuvya
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/19/2005 10:44:50 PM
An idiom that is particularly applicable to the American diet...
 Frrosty
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/4/2005 10:08:42 AM
Why don't you go after every dream, fantasy and wonder that you ever had.

That'll give you a pretty good idea if I'm not mistaken.

And trry to love..and enjoy...

always.

I dunno; that's sorta how I'm attackin this mandate....order..

demand.
 EMR53
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2005 3:37:38 PM
I write that in my profile and added but responsibly. I like to do the things i love to do. Love my family go out dining, sunsets, candlelight, music and romance. It doesn't entail not caring about anyone else. Quite the opposite. When I leave this world, I can honestly say I've enjoyed my life and all the blessings that the Lord has given me. I do not date randomly either. This is to let people know, that I don't sit around and feel sorry for myself. I do all the things I enjoy even when I'm alone. So this can mean many things. Hope that helped someone understand this better.

Have a blessed day all.
 americangentleman
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2005 10:37:29 PM
Live life to the fullest

What that phrase means to me? I always took it as, live each day to its full potential that your ability allows it to do. Leave no stone unturned and leave no path untouched.

AG
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/13/2005 12:55:47 PM
It means to me ecxactly as it sounds: Enjoy Life!
 bluejellybean
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/20/2005 2:59:47 AM
Wow thats what i've been doing for the past 3 weeks. Just apply the "lets try anything, i dont care attitude" and you might find things that you like accidently. You will only live once, and there are lot of things out there in the world that you dont see by staying home.

Yes, I've heard that phrase alot from numerous people to countless articles and books. You wont really realize it until a unique situation forces you into a corner and helps finally open your eyes.

Why I'm saying this? Well because, I'll be leaving for Iraq in a few days, and was forturnate to go home for 2 weeks to visit my family and friends. How do I know I'll be coming back in
one piece or be emotionally impaired if I ever do come back? I realized that these questions are somethings that should be left unsaid. Things that shouldn't be worried about but instead, fullfill your life. Take advantage of what you have. I have experienced Afganistan with its 3rd world horrible conditions on last deployment so simple as watching tv, going out to the movies or even eating out is savored every minute and grateful for it.

Lets see, my recent leave period, I've went to my first concert (system of a down), first time jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, and my first tatoo on my arm. I hardly listened to system of a down but my friends said lets go because its going to be good. I said F**k it, I'll go. But had to convince my friends on the skydiving. Oh god I had a blast. Hanged out at bars, clubs, and stripclubs drinking beer and shots with my best friends with no care in the world. Was not worried about what people would think of me, or how I acted, or I should be wearing the latest clothing to impress people. I found out early that thats not really important in life. Materialistic things will last few years but memories will last forever.

There are alot of stuff out there to be experienced but you have to have the incentive and the motivation to do so. I used to be scared to do try new things but realized hey live your life. Dont waste it away. You need to change the "what ifs..." into "man, I remember when I..."

sam
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/23/2005 12:47:12 PM
Live life to the fullest!!Enjoy life=-be grateful ofor those blessings and be appreciative for the life you were given- and the gifts that were bestowed upon you-go out there and explore and gain wisdom.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 77
 fatboy461
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/3/2006 10:34:42 AM
exactly-live like you were dying (amen)
we only go around once in this silly, messed up world.
So, give it your best shot while you're living...
live life to it's fullest
 oldbull
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2006 11:31:59 AM
it means live for today, do whatever turns u on, an if u do u may not have a tomorrow, or may not like what tomorrow brings u.

but then what do i know?
 MDNinja
Msg: 93
Posted: 5/29/2006 3:51:16 PM

Does that mean that some don't life their life to the fullest? and what is full? in this context anyway? Maybe just a wrapitallup cliche to contain all the stuff about you that you simply don't want to put into words?

Live life a little less than full!.. makes more room to stick some more stuff in there!

It's different for everyone. To you it seems, you want to live a full life by not living a full life.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/3/2006 7:20:04 PM
Its what people with time and money do.
 N å V Ÿ Ð Í V € R™
Msg: 105
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:23:36 PM
WORK LIKE YOU NEED THE MONEY
LOVE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN HURT
DANCE LIKE NO ONE'S WATCHING
PARTY LIKE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN HUNG-OVER

Live life to the fullest, you'll never get out alive!

AND one last one:
this is living life to the fullest!!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a F**Kin ride!"

N å V Ÿ Ð Í V € R™
Msg: 106
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:33:45 PM
"Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."

Charm1ngMuse
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/22/2007 7:17:24 AM
Isn't this like the saying "I see the glass as half-full"?

Well I don't! I drank it all, the damn glass is empty and I'm looking for more.

Live Life to the Fullest... hmmm

Don't sit on your butt watching the parade go by you. Jump up! Dance in the street! Hug the clown! Pinch the Flutist's cheek! Twirl the baton! Climb the float and be the Parade Marshall once in a while! Make the world around you say "Damn! That Gal/Guy is full of life, aren't they?"

Don't hide behind your curtains. Step outside and say hello to your neighbor. Wave and smile and walk around happy.

What a way to go!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2007 4:55:32 AM
Random did u screw that saying up on purpose??? anyway I think living life to the fullest is Pretty self explanatory do what u want while you still have the time!!I think youre just pulling our chains anyway jewel
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Live life to the fullest!.. What the hell does that mean anyways?