Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > When is it too soon?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 swingpup
Msg: 7
view profile
History
When is it too soon?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
The first time you meet at the least finish the iced tea
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 9
view profile
History
When is it too soon?
Posted: 2/9/2008 7:26:21 AM
I would say you shouldn't when first meeting a person as you don't really know them or much, if anything about them. I would say get to know them first and then make that decision.

Now, for some, this is not an issue as they are willing to sleep with you on the first date, and sometimes skip dessert. LOL

Now,to each their own, but I think you should atleast get to know the person first. That's just me though.
 oceancowgirl9
Msg: 13
When is it too soon?
Posted: 2/9/2008 11:00:15 AM
Under 3 months...
 oceancowgirl9
Msg: 14
When is it too soon?
Posted: 2/9/2008 11:01:35 AM
No you need at least n 90 days to see all moods and finances and loves and quirks ...sex is a bonus
 packagedealx3
Msg: 20
view profile
History
When is it too soon?
Posted: 2/9/2008 8:12:05 PM
One rule of thumb that might not be a bad thing is relative to figuring out if you really like someone before you become intimate. This came up in a question and answer session on Oprah. The guy that wrote He's Not That Into You was asked about time frame relative to too early and he said if you don't wait until the guy really decides he likes you, he won't because he will become preoccupied with sex.

I think this can be true for men and women because you will find yourself staying with someone longer that you are not really compatible with because you are having a good regular romp and you just don't think as much about the person you are having the romp with. So in the long run if you don't want to waste your time with someone you are eventually going to figure out you have nothing in common with, maybe you wait until you really like them.
 oceancowgirl9
Msg: 23
When is it too soon?
Posted: 2/14/2008 8:13:10 AM
no its a fact and youll see ..down the road ...look for all the red flags ..they donot show up for at least 3 months..thats proven in humans...so women do not like notching head boards with the bandaid of using sex to prove you have a relationship it should be a bonus...see if you can just hang for months and fall in love with the person ,,not the orfaces.LV
 oceancowgirl9
Msg: 24
When is it too soon?
Posted: 2/14/2008 8:15:02 AM
Guys never feel used they feel great thanks alot on to the next only when your in love sex is a bonus!!! Try it...Fall in love first that takes months can you hold out ? yeah right..lol
 eroch
Msg: 26
view profile
History
When is it too soon?
Posted: 2/14/2008 2:53:45 PM
Well for me it seems that women I don't end up sleeping with by at least the 2nd date seem to be the ones to disappear. The ones I do sleep with early on tend to stick around much longer and some of my best friends are those that have been FWB. Nothing is certain. Go with your gut.
 Pearnbran
Msg: 30
view profile
History
When is it too soon?
Posted: 3/20/2008 7:19:04 AM
Id say the second date is fine.

If you had a connection, you both cant wait to talk or see each other..calling..charting.

go for it

if you make a guy wait..3 months..4 months..say..18 to 20 dates..he might start to feel.

well funny.

and i think also..your age plays a big part..

under 30..might be a goo idea to wait a few weeks, as a emotional physical bond...

might turn in to a unwanted or unexpected pregnancy.

over 40... Most people..know before dinners over,...what really might be for desert!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > When is it too soon?