Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > bluegrass etc      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 katemaynj
Msg: 1
bluegrass etcPage 1 of 1    
is there anyone out there into bluegrass music and festivals. it is a scene i have greatly come to enjoy. i am into jam bands as well and have seen my share of the dead, phish, allman bros, etc. miss the shows and the kynd folk that go along with it. so i guess i would like to meet some folks of the same musical interest if that is possible.
 beetk
Msg: 2
bluegrass etc
Posted: 12/13/2007 10:08:42 PM
There's a great bluegrass festival in winfield kansas every september, called the walnut valley festival. Lots of headliners, as well as guitar,banjo, mandolin competitons.
Well worth the trip.
 katemaynj
Msg: 3
bluegrass etc
Posted: 1/7/2008 7:02:41 PM
i have never travels that far fro a bluegrass show but i have traveled a bit to the see the dead and phish as well as a few other bands. but i was actually thinking of planning my vacation around a festival this year. road trip!!!
 Crash1967
Msg: 4
bluegrass etc
Posted: 1/7/2008 7:17:08 PM
Targhee Bluegrass Festival, I think its called. Right by Jackson WY. String Cheese used to show up a lot. I think its like 3 days long too.
 katemaynj
Msg: 5
bluegrass etc
Posted: 1/10/2008 3:25:57 PM
ahh jeffery i appreciate that. i actually use jambase and festival finder to locate what is reginal for me. i am sad to say that i have been out of the circuit for about 18 months now and haven't been to any shows in that time (cept for local bar etc) but i am gearing up and am ready to go this spring. i might be taking a road trip to florida this may to pick up my son and wil see if there is anything along the way when i go. i have considered checking out the vibes but i am more into the smaller venues anymore but always have a pang of regret afterwords when i here what a success it has been.
what do you do at the festivals??
i have spent my time driving round and just miss the nomadic lifestyle.
p.s. love the pic.
 musi5
Msg: 6
bluegrass etc
Posted: 3/25/2008 8:02:09 PM
i actually play bluegrass (and jazz) professionally....have played at merlefest, etc....playing in Durango Colorado next week...glad to see some likeminded folks on here....if ya wanna talk about Bluegrass send me a message on here, because chances are i wont read the forum again...lol
 catdaddy37
Msg: 7
bluegrass etc
Posted: 3/26/2008 4:54:44 PM
My Coon Skin hat salute to the "Kentucky Colonels"
and the late great Clarence White, who also played
for the Byrds.
 That_other_dude
Msg: 8
bluegrass etc
Posted: 6/1/2008 9:33:50 AM
My father plays banjo in a bluegrass band, so I've grown to like it. I met Dan Crary in person, once... got a couple autographed CD's. Holy crap, that man is a god.
 musi5
Msg: 9
bluegrass etc
Posted: 7/3/2008 6:15:44 AM
You guys should check out the new blood bands

Cadillac Sky
The Infamous Stringdusters
Mountain Heart
etc
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 10
bluegrass etc
Posted: 9/26/2011 4:06:14 AM
^^^
Both very good recommendations.
Also check out Sam Bush and Tony Rice.
Here is THE MASTER having a rough day at the office -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMbtWWb4UEg
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 11
bluegrass etc
Posted: 9/27/2011 1:01:25 AM
OP - ya, I began to start a bluegrass circuit when I was in college with my buddy...

we were gonna do the fiddle festivals and blow thru and head to nationals (me on fiddle, him on guitar)...

we wound up almost causing a brawl in that place when we blew the competition totally and completely outta the water and they did not even place us in my age group....

it started off with this old lady standing up yelling ""hey - that's Bullshit - boondock is the best!!!!"""

it proceeded to get uglier at that point.
 smiles304
Msg: 12
bluegrass etc
Posted: 9/29/2011 3:48:08 PM
Google, FB itunes or youtube Ticket Down you might like it!
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > bluegrass etc