Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Where are the women with "old fasion"morals?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 1
Where are the women with "old fasion"morals?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I've read alot of post,talked to alot of people and so I wonder.....what happened to the people with "old fashion" morals? Those who would see clear lines between principles and current "norms" and believe you are only as good as your actions and principles.Where are those who are tired of hearing married people thinking their situation is "different" because of WHATEVER reason.Where are those who are tired of hearing people justify not being totally open and honest? Where are the people tired of hearing some blast "old fashion" morals as being judgemental.......because that IS a judgement Where are the people tired of seeing and hearing of people who can't seem to like themselves enough to take REAL time off in between intimate relationships?
 YamIhere
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Where are the women with old fasionmorals?
Posted: 5/19/2005 11:52:43 AM
Hmmm ... I'm not in between real intimate relationships, but I am taking real time off. Times have changed, marathon. "Old fashioned" values and morals aren't always applicable, which is the reason they are "old fashioned." Is it all for the worst? Not necessarily. "Old fashioned" morals made it ok for a husband to discipline his wife if she were not living up to his standards. "Old fashioned" morals and values said it was OK and perfectly acceptable for a married man to have a mistress on the side. "Old fashioned" morals and values relegated women to a subservient role while the man shouldered the financial well-being of the family completely by himself. Now, I’m a fairly conservative fella, but I’m hardly old-fashioned. Theories, philosophies and social norms change because they need to.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/19/2005 12:37:48 PM
"Old fashioned" morals made it ok for a husband to discipline his wife if she were not living up to his standards. "Old fashioned" morals and values said it was OK and perfectly acceptable for a married man to have a mistress on the side. "

No that would be old fashioned IMMORALITY,stupidity and selfishness....HUGE difference!
Besides,that is just as "norm" today as it was 80yrs ago if not more.

"Old fashioned" morals and values relegated women to a subservient role while the man shouldered the financial well-being of the family completely by himself."

Again,that is not and was not a sign of morals rather than ecomomy/social status. Men were primary "bread winners 70yrs ago because wages for men in a sexist society were such that a woman could do little to find a job that paid as well as her male counterpart.That was not a reflection of "old fashion"morals.Now,socially it WAS a reflection of social values for the woman to be the primary care giver of the household including children if appl. That is STILL the prevailing social value norm.Still,its NOT about "old fashion" morals.

Perhaps,I should have been even more specific in the question.......What happened to old fashion morals in interpersonal relationships?
 YamIhere
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2005 12:46:47 PM
Marathon,
Sure it was. In Christian circles a wife was expected to serve and obey her husband. If she did not live up to his standards, it was his duty to punish her. It was also perfectly acceptable, if not almost encouraged, for men, especially of stature, to have mistresses. And I may have put it incorrectly, but old fashioned values (I should have left morals out) set the expectations of women to serve subserviant roles to men and not venture outside the home.

I digress. I do more clearly understand what you mean, now. I didn't mean to seem aggressive in my prior post. Nor do I mean to come off that way now. But, if I'm not mistaken, your asking what happened to common courtesies and people acting a certain humane way, right? To that question ... who knows.
 sddude
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/19/2005 1:01:47 PM
Morals get defined every year , the world old fashioned also moves up the scale as time goes by .

I am more like 1940's type, most woman I meet think they are old fashion and screw every guy they say are in a relationship with , different guy a week maybe more but always pretend that never happens.

The older the get the more descrete they are , just the same though .
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/19/2005 1:06:55 PM
Marathon,
Sure it was. In Christian circles a wife was expected to serve and obey her husband. If she did not live up to his standards, it was his duty to punish her. It was also perfectly acceptable, if not almost encouraged, for men, especially of stature, to have mistresses. And I may have put it incorrectly, but old fashioned values (I should have left morals out) set the expectations of women to serve subserviant roles to men and not venture outside the home."

I disagree in THIS sense;if you are talking about prior to the 20th century perhaps.
Your discription of a "norm" is not true in most "Christian circles" and certainly no different than in some non Christian circles today.I think many take aberritions and generalize them far too often.Also,the notion of men to have "mistresses" once again was NEVER considered MORAL.Not even in the 18th century.I really don't think those kinds off generalizations help lead to a balanced discussion of the topics anyway.There has always been overlooked indiscretion/immorality/bad behavior......that is not what this discussion should be about.just because some bad behavior is overlooked/ignored does NOT make it moral regardless of whether it occured in 1005 or 2005,Egypt,England,India or the USA.

Agressive? I didn't take it as being agressive,just off topic
No offense.........I think its great to debate,certainly fine to disagree.....just as long as good points are made and debate/disagreement is civil.Discussion without varying points of view isn't a real discussion but a pep rally
I appreciate any intelligent input.......thanks
 hac3011
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/19/2005 1:56:14 PM
bunnybaby I agree! We are around. I cannot say that I have "old fashioned" morals like my grandparents wanted; no sex before marriage and all that, but I can say that I rather have one partner then many.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/19/2005 2:40:27 PM
Thank you bunny baby and Hac30.I think you'll find the healthiness of the relationships you develop will reflect your values.Its actually a sign of intelligent independence to adhere to "morals" considered by some to be "old fashion" Makes you rare commodities....and rare commodities in the end are appreciated and rewarded as such.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/19/2005 2:42:52 PM
"well... either he does not like the answers.... or consider the womens
input intelligent....... or he doesnt like our profiles "

What was THAT about? and .....who is "HE"?
 YamIhere
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2005 3:03:42 PM
Marathon,
I would say attitudes and values of how to "handle your wife" didn't really change until the late 60s through the 70s with the women's lib movement. I don't meen to suggest it is considered "moral" but was accepted and understood as how a husband and wife interacted prior to the women's lib movement.

And yes, debate/conversation is never as interesting as when points of view collide ... in a civil manner, of course.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/19/2005 3:33:25 PM
We can agree that to some extent,SOME aspects of it were accepted.We agree 100% that it has little/nothing to do with "morals".
I'm thinking moral women are less outspoken and therefore aren't heard from as much particularly on these forums.There seems to be so many threads and post on topics like beening married and looking,being married and not "feeling married" in the heart,separated not being married,4+ sexual partners not a sign of dysfunction but of fun,and complaints about fun,virgin bashing,sexual inexperience bashing,ok to be less than open and honest,ect...just thought I'd take things in a slightly different direction. The anti-Springer direction
 HB2
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/19/2005 4:49:54 PM
they're on the old fashioned morals dating site
 redneckgirl133
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/29/2005 9:31:30 PM
Same could be asked of you guys....`Where are all the guys with old fashioned morals???`...I can`t seem to find them.....We/you are out there...we just have to search...
 r1terrell6233
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2005 10:37:17 PM
"it is female who decide if sex is to take place"

Not if you are an athelete, in that case, they beg you, you reject them if you don't like them, and send them on their way.

Sandy- "I actually met a guy whos picture I hadn't seen,and he looked like a truck ran over him didn't make him ugly enough so,....It backed up and ran over him again!"
 jimi77
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/29/2005 11:13:05 PM
All the good men are currently getting there hearts stomped on by the women with no morals.
Look under there feet
 GreenyX
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2005 1:30:07 AM
Marathon I'm going off on a tangent for this question, your style.

We live in a society that is striving for empowerment of individuals, mostly the empowerment of women, as men have had power for quite a while. Perhaps some men in an elite power structure noticed the rise of feminism and decided to use women as a tool to twist society to their advantage in a game of "be carefull what you wish for as you may just get it". Society is kept happy by giving them false power over each other as a distraction. Keeping the wheels turning in the rat race. Empowerment means embuing with power and false power is all ego driven. Ego = I and Power corrupts; me, myself, and I. Thus not being totally open and honest, going from bed to bed, pushing the envelope of reason at every turn etc, is exercising of one's power. Call it freedom to choose if you like.

Attitude, which is the current generation's mantra, is just the expression of the dominance of power. It is found attractive even in its horribly twisted form by twisted minds. Surround this with money and all things black and white become shades of grey. Shades of grey are easily managed; easily influenced, can be made to waver in position, or just plain bought out. Call it freedom to choose if you like.

Having old fashion morals of which you speak comes from inner strength of humbleness, turning the other cheek, mutual respect, honorable behavior, kindness etc.. a completely different power set that stems from our higher self. Unfortunately certain aspects of the established power structure would unravel if society were mainly composed of individuals known as "uncorruptables". So it is in their interest to corrupt, starting by the most vulnerable and watch the ripple effect.

By my estimation many individuals you would see on the Jerry Springer show are psycologically stunted by about 15 to 20 years. Is it any wonder to find men or women behaving like children? Children with jobs, money and power of ego.. almost like giving children a loaded gun. This has far reaching effects beyond relationships, look at the world around you.

Another observation, it seems that women are the dangling carrot to men's development. If women fall then everything falls. Therefore manipulate the women, preferably when they are too young to know better, and all of society will be altered. Men have been falling forever with wars and abuses etc. They never were the ones holding it all together. When there is disorder the power elite consolidate more power.

I would change the title to where are the PEOPLE with old fashion morals?

There are still a few of us left in hiding.

My answer: They're being transformed just like the Borg. Old fashion morals are irrelevant.
 jennifer j
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/30/2005 8:48:30 AM
here
 bucsgirl
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/30/2005 9:07:45 AM
marathon I think a time tested moral code is simply the golden rule. Treat everyone else the way you wanted to be treated. I believe that integrity and self respect are always honored and recognized, if not always given headline grabbing attention. If someone changes their moral code minute by minute to fit the situation, they're just trying to get the best out of it for themselves. Situational ethics. The pay off of being a person of integrity is not immediate but a lifetime lived with honor and integrity will have its due reward in the long run.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/30/2005 9:13:08 AM
grachman Thanks for that wonderful and optimistic sweeping post (sarcasm off). By posting stuff as this you are labeling yourself as blatantly ignorant. I won't share this profound insight with my two lovely daughters who declare their virginity one 20 and the other 22. You need to turn off the TV and maybe cut back on your talk shows and Springer. That is not entirely representative of a whole generation or of the female gender.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/30/2005 1:44:04 PM
steph Right on sister! Why is it some men (thinking of no one in particular, there's several) think that if they wiggle their worm any woman would jump for it? Please don't get upset, but you said dumb your azz off instead of dump, that tickled me. I do typos everyone does, I just thought that Freud would enjoy that one!! The attitude and mindset that any woman should practically worship their equipment is so egotistical and arrogant.
 shmoes
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/30/2005 2:00:00 PM
women with morals are at the same place men with morals are ..

hiding from the rest of the freaks

krayon
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/30/2005 2:07:42 PM
Old fashioned morals? Right here. (I haven't practiced what I prefer; however, that's a changin... already has in fact)

Doesn't mean I'm any better or worse than anyone else. I simply prefer for some things to be left to the sanctity of marriage. But, my friends know that and luv me anyway.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/30/2005 2:09:02 PM
gidg We love ya babe!!
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/30/2005 2:14:54 PM
 krayon
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/30/2005 2:15:38 PM
Back at ya bucsgirl...

I've decided that's my new mantra... 'Practice What You Prefer' (beats the heck outta 'practice what ya preach' cause I don't preach to others)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Where are the women with "old fasion"morals?