Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Is there anyone looking for more than just sex here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oregon_cowboy
Msg: 1
Is there anyone looking for more than just sex here?Page 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I don't know just what the deal is, almost every woman that has mailed me on this site is just out for sex. I'm a guy and yes I like sex too but hell I do want more than just that. Whats the deal????
 oregon_cowboy
Msg: 2
Is there anyone looking for more than just sex here?
Posted: 5/19/2005 4:39:45 PM
lol gladly!!!!
 MizzzzD
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/19/2005 5:31:48 PM
honestly, I want more than just sex. I've been single for a year or so now. since last boyfriend, and masturbation gets lonely. So I had all the sex I needed.

So if it's all about just sex, they have stores for that.
 summer bliss
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/19/2005 5:32:48 PM
There goes the theory on guys and singles sites...
 Sumtingkewt
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/19/2005 6:25:47 PM
Well HONESTLY now...I think there are alot of WOMEN looking for more than just SEX...I know I am, was, and will continue to keep looking for more than just SEX...i will keep hoping to find someone worth my time, and well once I am comfortable with them as a friend, we can move beyond that and he may have my body as well...BUT I WILL NOT JUMP INTO BED with anyone...
 gentlespirit
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/20/2005 5:11:46 AM
cowboy,

Just open those beautiful eyes of yours, and really look....it's kinda like not being able to see the forest for the trees, ya know?? And right now, it sounds like you got some bad trees...look beyond those to a beautiful forest, ok?
 Justin-time
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/20/2005 5:20:03 AM
Hey "Cowboy" (which means what? that you pump gas or drive a truck?).... maybe you want somebody who's dumb enough not to know your FOS? How do you get your Bicep SO BIG ??? is it becasue your pushing it up with your hand ?? anyone smart enough to log onto their system can see that you're a manipulator... first with your stream, then with your picture... oh yeah....and that you're a "Cowboy".... go get 'em tiger !
 windover
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/20/2005 5:26:22 AM
No surprise a handsome Oregon man has to swat them away.

I'm here making friends only.

windover
 New-Beginnings
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/20/2005 6:45:51 AM
Nope, not just sex. I want the "full meal deal"! I want the loving relationship, and I want it to mean more than just getting "laid". I have waited 36 years for sex, what's a few more years to find my best friend for life...It will be much more special than to just give it up to a whore...
 mack
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/20/2005 7:15:41 AM
catch me - spare us
 mack
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/20/2005 7:16:38 AM
oregon - consider yourself lucky - I never get emails from women on POF and if I do its usually just to point out how ugly I am - doing the best i can for 46 !
 karkrazyc1r9
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/20/2005 7:41:25 AM
well, i am definately looking for more than just sex... don't get me wrong, i enjoy making love very much (who doesn't!), but i think it should be something special shared between 2 people who care for each other... plus, there is more to a relationship that that... just my 2 cents!!

toodles,
cari
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/20/2005 8:06:07 AM
I think sites like this are catch-alls for people on the net so you get all kinds.Its my observation that many even mean different things even when discussing types of relationships,even the word relationship and the phrase "just sex".For some it seems a FWB is a realtionship with MORE than just sex but no design for commitment.For many of THEM "just sex" is a term used for 1 night stands and FB's(f**kbuds).

It takes 2 to tangle, men AND women are involved.I tend to believe that women and men over 25 cannot claim to be victims if the same things keep occuring to them(outside of propositions).The SERIAL victim is a willing victim.Now,this is different from those who've been victimized a time or two and as result complain abut the disparity in numbers of men and women who are looking for "more" than FWB's,more than FB's,more than 1 nighters and more than players of any type from those who are.
I think a key here is again the word "looking".It seems that since to some it isn't "pc" to say one is looking, many of course don't,still ACTIONS speak louder than words as the saying goes.I think that someone who is in a FWB,FB relationship but says they want more may WANT more but aren't really trying as the man on the corner pandhandling for money for wine, may very well WANT to be sober,WANT to be a millionaire but but isn't really trying for either at THAT time. In a large sense those who say they are "looking" for more but are in a relationship of any KIND(FWB,FB,1nighters) are cheats because they stack the deck.This is true regardless of gender.
Those who are not a part of "the game" are few and far between online or off,but particularly online.Online it seems the majority of people men and woman may say in profile the "pc" thing about "looking for more" but 75% of them are involved in something else and/OR are serial victims(multiple/many FWB,FB,1nighters,played). Just my thoughts on the topic
 felldownstairs
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/20/2005 8:10:33 AM
Hehe. I don't buy it. Sure I don't doubt that maybe he has gone on a date or two with someone from here and it ended up in bed - that happens. But to believe that a vast majority of Portland women are looking to get laid by some countrified dude with a cheesy barbed-wire tattoo (no offense guy, but those type of tattoos are more cliche than white trash with mullets) only reflects negatively on the caliber of Portland women.

I agree with Redamber on this, it smacks much more of someone attempting to gain exposure while hoping to make themselves seem desirable.

Hey I may be wrong though, maybe the women of Portland are sex-fiends (in which case I'm packing up my video camera and going on a road trip).

Oh, hey redamber, some girls disagree with you. I've been told by many girls that they can't stand guys who leave it up to the girl, and that they would rather have a guy who takes initiative. Who knows huh?

Personally, I like it when you're out somewhere with the woman in your life and she leans over to you and whispers, "lets go home, I want you to **** to my ***** while I ***** all over your ***** and then stick ***** up ******. And then we can have lunch."
 felldownstairs
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/20/2005 8:21:21 AM
I agree with catch me on this one. Maybe because I'm getting tired of New Beginnings belabouring the point that he's a 36 year old virgin who's greatest hobby is shooting large slow moving animals (If I gave any credibility to Freud, I'd really wonder at that one).

New Beginnings: if a woman is willing and interested in having sex without being in love with someone, that does not make her a whore. Considering that you are 36 and have never had sex with a woman who loved you or otherwise, I think it would be wise of you to not make generalizations about things of which you do not know. And yeah, Catchme is right, if you walk around thinking that women who are "sexually liberated" (hahah) as whores, then you're probably going to be a 46 year old virgin in ten years.

Unless of course you were talking about whores as in those lovely ladies of the street corners, vending machines of sexual gratification. In which case, my guess is that they may be your only recourse for sex if you keep on bi.tching about being a virgin ALL THE TIME.

Seriously buddy, how many posts on this website deal with you whining about your virginity and how you must lose it someone you love? You're just shooting yourself in the foot, because I can't think of anyone (woman or man) who would be turned on by that enough to even go on a date with you, let alone fall in love over the course of a year. If losing your virginity means that much to you, go get a hooker. If being in love means that much to you, then stop fu.cking complaining about being a virgin, start looking for someone without any consideration of whether or not you may fall in love and/or lose your virginity. For most everyone, love just kind of happens, it's not something you force, or something that you can hunt down and capture.
 hot_playgirl
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/20/2005 8:51:38 AM
I'm not looking for sex either...
 armedwithjello
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2005 8:59:08 AM
Redamber, I agree with you. And regarding the above post about loving when the woman in your life talks dirty to you, remember, that's a woman that's *already* in your life. There's the difference. Guys, if you're trying to establish yourself with a woman, hanging back and being respectful doesn't mean not doing anything. It means flirting, holding hands, huging, kissing. You can take the initiative on that. But realy, give a woman some time before you try to get naked with her, and chances are she'll grab you and take the control herself once you've given her an obvious green light like a kiss.

New Beginnings, yes, that's whiney about being 36 and a virgin. It smacks of deperation and will turn off most women. You are not the only old virgin that has ever existed. My dad was 37 and a virgin when he met my mom, and now they have been married 30 years and had two kids. It just happens, if you stop focusing on it, whining about it, and just get on with the rest of your life.

Mack, it's cruel when shallow people make a hobby of writing nasty letters to people they find unattractive. I get the odd one myself, but they're far outweighed by the admiring letters. The thing is, your photos are completely unflattering. Go outside where the light is good, do something you like to do so your smile is genuine, and yes, *actually smile*, look at the camera, and take the photo from eye level.

I really hate seeing men's photos taken too close up or too far away, or from too high or low, with a deadpan or aggressive expression, in poor light, and with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. You don't have to be a professional photographer, but do be aware that if your picture is poorly taken, you'll look bad and you won't get much response.
 New-Beginnings
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/20/2005 8:59:18 AM
However I said it, I didn't mean it that way to degrade any women or anybody for that matter.

I am sorry if I keep on talking about myself... I'll shut up.. nuff said.

Thanks for making me feel more depressed than I already was. Might as well just hand over a gun, so I can get it over with. Would that make you feel better?

Sorry.... I won't post anything more. So you don't have to read about my pathetic existance.
 msjanuary
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/20/2005 9:02:46 AM
Well, first of all, you are a handsome man...just let me say that. But, I would have to agree with you...it would piss me off too.
Some people are just shallow. It is easy to get sex, but soooooooo hard to find a partner, friend, and a lover. I would just have to say: Sit back, relax, and I bet the right gal will come along soon enough. I mean, with good intentions such as yours, good karma has got to have something good in store for you.

I get uneasy when I get those types of emails as well...propositions for cyber sex, erotic massages, and you name it. Do they really think they are going to get what they want??? Well, maybe in some instances they do, but not from me. I am looking for quality people, who want more than just sex. I agree, sex is wonderful...when it is with someone you genuinly care for. --- Those kind of people should be looking on street corners, if SEX is what they are after. Not here, where most of the people are looking for serious realtionships, or dating partners, a friend, or what have you. KEEP POF CLEAN! ((LOL))

Hang in there..that gal is out there for you. I promise.

msjanuary.
 nofearinlove
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/20/2005 9:12:56 AM
Well.. to heal a broken heart one must endure a process and then we can find more than sex- we can find true love...

we are not taught freedom from sorrow
we are taught freedom through sorrow

I wrote songs about love and healin hearts at
www.cdbaby.com/greenwood

enjoy cowboy- you are beautifuk
 Tech22
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/20/2005 2:06:05 PM
MY MAN, MY MAN, MY MAN, WAKE THE HELL UP. THE FALL SHORT LIKE THAT BECAUSE ALL OF THEM WANT SEX. SO WHAT GIVE IT TO THEM. BUT ONLY THE ONES WITH MONEY. DONT BE ****IN NO BROKE WOMEN MAN. GIVE THEM EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT PARTNER WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY NOT SEX , SO TAKE THE MONEY KNUCKLE HEAD.

THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY TECH22
--- THE KING OF KNOWING HOW TO BENEFIT OUT OF SITUATIONS LIKE THIS ONE---
PEACE
 felldownstairs
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/20/2005 2:37:18 PM
Hey dead man walking. Self pity isn't very cool either.

I gave you advice - you whine. You're a virgin - you whine. Someone points out that you're great at self pity - you whine.

Try this: Stop freakin' whining about everything. You don't live on the street sucking wang for food stamps. You weren't born a Thalidomide baby. You're not locked up in Guantanamo bay. You aren't dying of AIDS in a third world country with no medical support. On the whole, virginity isn't really a big deal, unless you make it one.

As I said before, stop fretting about it. Go about your life without focusing on the fact that you've never been laid. Sex is fun, but it's not the end of the world. The more you go on about being a virgin, the longer you're going to be a virgin; for as much as you claim that you want your first time to be with someone you love, right now all you're focusing on is the sex. That's not going to get you the one you want.

Also, you may want to take down the photos of you standing triumphant over a bunch of dead animals. If you want to hunt, go for it, but from my experience, most women don't get excited over big dead animals. They might think you're compensating for something - like the guys who post photos of their Porsches. Go ahead and say hunting is your pasttime, but leave the photos until later.

Just a thought. Anyone else agree/disagree?
 seducemenow
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2005 2:40:07 PM
Hey oregon..i encounter the same problem from men..nobody wants to chat anymore..if i wanted a one night stand i would put it on my profile.. its not my style..not interested ..wish i could find that someone that can actually converse with you and not use the word "sex" over and over again..
 felldownstairs
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/20/2005 5:12:05 PM
It sounds better than using the word "copulation"
 seducemenow
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2005 6:03:31 PM
Your right fell..silly me lmao..
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Is there anyone looking for more than just sex here?