Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > WTF is up with the double standard when it comes to sex toys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Black velvet 46
Msg: 1
WTF is up with the double standard when it comes to sex toys?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Every notice how there is a huge double standard when it comes to sex toys between women and men? Most women have these toys they call " BOB" and it's looked at as pretty normal. "Bob" has cute names like "The pocket rocket" "G spot vibrator" "the bullet" "Black velvet".

These are all pretty much accepted and loved by men. A women can reach under her bed during sex and find a box of these toys and a guy would just look at it as natural and start using the toys on her. Hell a woman can reach under her bed and come out with something that uses jumper cables and a Car battery and looks like it belongs on a horse and a guy would say " All right, I would love to see you take that, hook that bad boy up".

But it's totally the opposite with guys toys. Every single toy they have for men makes him look like some kind of pervert or lacking in self-esteem.

"realistic male masterbators" Which is something that looks like a vigina in a glove, who in his right mind would actually go buy this damn thing.

"Gina the blow up doll" Come on do i have to explain how sick having one of these are?

Can you imagine the reaction a guy would get if while having sex with his G/F he reaches under the bed and comes out with "gina" and says something like "just a second babe, this should really be good " then he start blowing up the doll. His G/F would be out the door before he gets is second breath into that piece of rubber.

Then the G/F would get jealous of the doll after, everytime she would call and get no answer her first thoughs would be " He is most likely screwing that skank Gina, and don't have time to answer the phone"

"penis pump" Honestly i have idea what the hell this is for but it just looks freaking weird and painful.

"Erection enhancers" For the guy who can't seem to keep it up. "Just a sec there babe i need to go use the enhancer on this bad boy, those lips of your just aint doing the job".

"penis extensions" This is for the guy that has no penis, you actually put this on and get more length. Can you imagine the reaction of your G/F the first time you whip this bad boy out on her?. Either she is thinking her vegina is too big or she needs to find a man that don't have a childs dick, i am thinking the latter.

Yep women having toys very sexy. men using toys very pervy.
 Desi1955
Msg: 2
WTF is up with the double standard when it comes to sex toys?
Posted: 11/30/2007 8:04:03 AM
Sounds like a good career opportunity. Come up with some "non-pervy" men's toys and get rich. Think if the fun your research department can have.
 lie to me
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/30/2007 8:09:08 AM
Yeah, I can see your point - men have ugly toys, and using them while your gf is there might not be the best idea. The thing is, men's sexual instrument is only going to last for so many moments/minutes before it's finished - at least for a while. A woman doesn't have that issue. She may get tired or sore, but her VaJayJay won't 'deflate' like a man's , and that's why they invented K-Y. And, most men are visual creatures. They LIKE to see women with their little toys. Women watching men with toys? Mmmm, not so much.

But I really think you're on to something here, and I believe you should start a movement for men's equality with sexual toys and car batteries. I've got a couple of guys I'd like to hook up to some car batteries, now that I think of it..........
 no_1_bby
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2007 8:26:27 AM
Most of the men in my life have enjoyed using my toys as much as I have... and I have a few *male specific* ones in my toy box too...

Be not afraid...
 Black velvet 46
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/30/2007 8:35:53 AM
" I just know i wouldn't like my fella using any kid of toy meant to replace a woman, with or without me. OK, make that especially while WITH me"

I think most women feel this way actually, I women if that has anything to do with insecurity? most women would start asking questions like " Does it feel better with her than me" It's freaking rubber, I can't even imagine rubber ever feeling as good as the real thing. But i also can't imagine a guy having the real thing right next to him and choosing to use the rubber version.
 Black velvet 46
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/30/2007 8:49:26 AM
Ithink i may have been inside a place that seels sex toys maybe 3 times in my life, All i do when i go into them is laugh at the things they sell for guys. 99 percent of the toys for guys is something you have to hide deep deep very deep into your closet. If a woman was to come to your house and accidently see one of those things, The chances of you getting into her victoria secrets again is slim and none.

Even your men friends would look at you differently if they knew about" Gina" in the closet. Real men are supposed to be doing the live version not some rubber body part.
 Desi1955
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/30/2007 8:56:55 AM

The moment a man starts pulling out toys (heck, even masturbation in front of a woman is suspect but doing it in private is pervy), she starts to stammer and think OMG I'M NOT ENOUGH FOR HIM. And then the poor b@stard has a whole new set of problems to deal with

The men I've been within the past few years (this is the over 40 crowd) have about 3 minutes worth of erection per day. Why waste it on a toy? Heck, if I did a BJ, he'd fall asleep and I wouldn't see it again until tomorrow (which is WHY women need toys). Guess I need to find younger men.
 .Selena.
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/30/2007 9:01:52 AM

Most of the men in my life have enjoyed using my toys as much as I have... and I have a few *male specific* ones in my toy box too...

Shouldn't the guys bring their own toys? I mean, I wouldn't want to use a toy someone else used, no matter how many times its been dipped in bleach and sanitized.
 Black velvet 46
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/30/2007 9:13:10 AM

As for a woman using a sex toy on me..... Sorry but it's just not going to happen, If i am in bed with a beautiful woman the last thing i am thinking about is a sex toy. Everything i need to get me excited is live and right there infront of me. Ship the toys i will take the woman instead.
 beerbag
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/30/2007 9:17:23 AM
^ I think you're missing the point of your own thread, lol.

It's not that guys have a hand it's why should we be shamed into using that as our only acceptable form of masturbation due to other's comfort zone?

I think your username is perfect btw, it seems you are arguing both sides of the coin in this thread.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/30/2007 9:20:35 AM
I like my sex toys breathing...my sex toy IS a man, which works better for me. So I guess I can't really comment on all that other stuff...
 that sam i am
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/30/2007 9:50:06 AM
cuz society is such that a guy is supposed to score with as many chicks as possible and not waste his seed on toys. Women aren't supposed to get scored on so much so toys are a cool way to both express their sexuality and keep their score low.
 beerbag
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/30/2007 9:50:45 AM

I like my sex toys breathing...my sex toy IS a man, which works better for me. So I guess I can't really comment on all that other stuff...

Sooooo you don't own any (non-living) toys at all? Not even one?
 jr090493
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2007 10:56:24 AM
I think the problem is, women need the toys to make up where a man is lacking and a man usually achieve orgasms with just the woman.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/30/2007 11:03:20 AM

Sooooo you don't own any (non-living) toys at all? Not even one?

I once had an etch-a-sketch, but I can't find it.

Seriously, yes at one time I was bought a few sex toys, but I don't use em. So far I haven't been without sex long enough to think that much about it. Once or twice I have used 'em during sex with a guy, but I never had any need for them.
 IThought UWereAHandpuppet
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/30/2007 11:11:23 AM
Why don't you save your breath to inflate your date?
 ts0962
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2007 11:30:57 AM
As for a woman using a sex toy on me..... Sorry but it's just not going to happen, If i am in bed with a beautiful woman the last thing i am thinking about is a sex toy. Everything i need to get me excited is live and right there infront of me. Ship the toys i will take the woman instead.

I think that having toys for either or both people is a great way to keep things interesting in the bedroom. Thinking that a toy will replace your partner is not the way to look at it. It makes things fun and sometimes a more intence orgasm. We ALL masterbate and if I have help with BOB wooo hooo.
If a woman is going down on you and wants to use say a bullet on your "boys" then let her, it is (I am told) such a great feeling. Yes a woman can please you with our tounge, mouth and hands but add a little vibration and OMG. As for us women, there is just something about adding a vibrator or dildo into the mix when a man is going down on me that just sends me through the roof, can you say multiple!!
 Black velvet 46
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/30/2007 11:50:31 AM
"Well , guy do have pretty ugly toys"

Saying sex toys that's made for guys is ugly is actually an insult to ugly things. I have yet to see one toy made for a man that does not make him look like a sicko. The body parts ones are the worst i think, Can you imagine having to explain yourself after being caught using one of those things?.... I bet most guys would rather get caught doing a sheep.
 dontmakecookies
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2007 1:14:04 PM
While most are... not all men's toys are embarrassing. You can leave a non-descript version of the fleshlight lying around and most people wouldn't have a clue what it was.
 IThought UWereAHandpuppet
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/30/2007 1:48:19 PM
Portnoy had an "appetizer" before a liver dinner and no one was the wiser!!
 dontmakecookies
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2007 2:00:58 PM
NotaSk... you sound like my ideal woman...

Then again... maybe I have to stop going for crazy-sexy...

(I expect all my friends to email me about that in about 5 minutes...)
 lie to me
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/30/2007 2:33:44 PM
Well, it's a simple fact of nature that women can have sex more often than men. We're 'good to go' pretty much all the time. Men are not. Even if they were initially, they still need recovery time before they can do it again. Some need a few minutes, some a few hours or longer. It's the way we were designed. Can't be helped.

I have heard though that they sell kits for men to use to make an 'impression' of Junior, so, give it a whirl and toss one of those at your girl if you ever can't 'stand and deliver', or are jealous of BOB. Sorry, last I heard, there was no such kit for women to use for their men.

C'est la vie.
 Black velvet 46
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/30/2007 3:44:41 PM
"While most are... Not all men's toys are embarrassing. You can leave a non-descript version of the fleshlight lying around and most people wouldn't have a clue what it was"

Count me as one of those that have no damn clue. I don't even know what the descript version of this fleshlight looks like. What exactly is it and what does one do with it?. Sound like something a woman would use.
 Black velvet 46
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/30/2007 5:03:42 PM
"when my younger sister broke up with her last ex, she had to have a restraining order placed on him. When the officers came with him to pick up his things, she had boxed them up and right on top, sticking straight up, was a HUGE black dildo.

The officer picked up the box, rolled his eyes and looked at my sister.

She looked him straight in the eye and said, "That is HIS!".

I am really interested in how her ex boyfriend responded to this. Did he start screaming "HELL NO THAT'S NOT MINE". or god forbid was it actually his?
 giggleparts
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/30/2007 5:49:43 PM

Sounds like a good career opportunity. Come up with some "non-pervy" men's toys and get rich. Think if the fun your research department can have.

Hey, I've got it!

Listen closely.... Are you ready? Wait for it.... wait for it....

A woman (preferably, with a vagina). The best sex toy I know of...

the giggleparts - I'd rather be watching reruns of The Golden Girls...
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > WTF is up with the double standard when it comes to sex toys?