Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What is up with the mind games??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 2
What is up with the mind games??Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
It's part of life and dating. Get over. Figure it out. And those who say, they don't play them are full of sh!t. They do. It's only for other people to figure out.
 Terrible Flirt
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What is up with the mind games??
Posted: 12/3/2007 7:41:10 PM
OP, are you saying that you have a male friend who you are attracted to, have sent what to you are obvious signals, and he's acting as if nothing has happened? If so there could be a couple of things going on. One, maybe he just didn't get the clue. Guys are famous for that, you know? Maybe he is not attracted to you in that way and just doesn't want to tell you so because he thinks it would be hurtful to you. He cares about your feelings so he figures the easiest solution is to play dumb, no rejection of you then. Maybe he has other girls he's trying to romance and he doesn't want to string you along in the meantime. Of course, he could be a manipulative prick too. But you would be in a better position to decide which is the case than anyone in this forum, don't you think?
 OutMind
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:36:41 PM

by mind games i mean saying that they aren't willing to do or be anything more than friends and then constantly flirting. Telling me not to wait and then when i come out with another guy or another guy starts talking to me when we are out, more flirting but when we are just by ourselves or with other close friends acting like i am not even there. Having in depth conversations or just joking around about what we like significant others to do, and then somewhat teasingly acting them out. Example. this might get a little PG-13 sorry, we were out the other night and he jokingly said something along the lines of "I don't care how much girls try to deny it, they like having there hair pulled." and I laughed and said yeah and then the next night we went out with a bunch of friends and every time he walked by he pulled my hair......stuff like that....

Girl, you are asking the wrong crowd. Most people here believe that people do not play games, or mind games or any type of games. They are straight and honest and they tell you what they thing.

bull, bull, bull.

And every person in this site that says that they don't play games is full of it. Every individual, man or woman, gages the outcome of what they say. If you don't, you are plain stupid. If you do, you are playing a mind game.

So get over.
 OutMind
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/4/2007 7:26:12 AM

When I cheated in my first relationship, I told the guy everytime.

Every time? So it was more than one time?
 pet_tech
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2007 8:08:50 AM
I sit on my high horse because I am not a cheater... no excuse at all for cheating.

A 16 year old abused girl still knows the difference between right and wrong... you decided to do wrong.

Moving on... as for your mind games question..

perhaps he enjoys making you suffer?

As a sadist, myself, I do enjoy playing mind games and confusing the hell out of people.
It gives me satisfaction to cause anarchy and pain to others.

My favorite thing to do is to lead on a woman to the point of having sex.. then leave... it's just fun!

Seavoyage
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2007 6:22:41 AM
Socrates says it is good to ask questions, but you asked the wrong question. You mean are the guys you are friends with playing games with you, I take it. In my opinion, I'd say your friends are being inappropriate. If I am flirting with a girl then I, myself, might be contemplating taking it to the next level, though I may not necessarily do that. I am testing the waters. However, this person is flirting with you while saying you cannot be an item. I personally wouldn't want that kind of person as my friend. I try to keep males and females in my life who are not like that and don't use other people. Who needs to be used? I would re-evaluate my friendship with this fellow or have a chat with him about not playing with your hair, and that you are just friends, and that this flirting makes you uncomfortable since there is nothing between you two. You have to have proper interpersonal boundaries. I am not judging your actions based on the cheating you did when you were 16. No one has a perfect past. You can be today as if you never did what you did at 16. You were a juvenile, had your family background. You definitely want love, but don't look in the wrong places.. Easier said then done, I know. Call me old fashioned, but I am not so interested in friends like the kind you described who touch you in a way a friend is not supposed to and then say to you they can't see themselves with you... It's highly inappropriate..
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What is up with the mind games??