Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Workable pickup lines to use on a guy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 that sam i am
Msg: 13
Workable pickup lines to use on a guyPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
the trick is to get a guy's attention and let him approach you. if he doesn't, he is probably not interested.
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Workable pickup lines to use on a guy
Posted: 12/4/2007 8:52:01 AM
"Hi. I'm shopping for a gift/meal for a guy(dad, brother, co-worker). Do you have any suggestions?" Since guys are usually focused on the task they came in the store for, you just redirected their attention without seeding concern about your motives. At some point, be honest and tell them what you were doing.
 Smitty828282
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/4/2007 12:38:00 PM
Guys are totally logical, you just need to be straightforward with us.

I like to think about it this way... guys are like a football field, you get the ball and run straight for the end zone, women are more like a mini-putt course, you gotta twist and turn and jump through hoops of fire to get to the end, all the while trying to make it look like your everyday routine!
 Double Cabin
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2007 12:40:44 PM
A few less than subtle from younger years:

(To her friend also right in front of me as she got ready to jump on my waist) "I am definitely tall enough for this mustache ride."

"Have you ever thought of yourself as a pommel horse?"

" I wish I had some Irish in me."
 OutMind
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/4/2007 1:05:29 PM
Is that a cucumber or are you happy to see me?

When woman come to me, I can tell when they are hitting on me. But the best line is no line. Make a comment on something. I was at a coffee shop two weeks ago and she girl just asked me about the book I was reading. We talked for a while, when I wanted to get back to my book, she asked another question. She was really good. If I was available I would have gotten her phone number or gone out for a drink.
 OutMind
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/4/2007 1:22:55 PM
Bethlet says:

you are absolutely right that a lot of women suck

And some are very good at it.

(Couldn't resist taking you out of context.)
 YearoftheCat
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/4/2007 2:53:02 PM
You know, when a guy catches my eye in a random place that is not a bar and I do the eye contact-smile thing and he returns eye contact and smile but doesn't say hi...

I always let it drop.

It's frustrating, but I feel the odds are too great he will be weirded out or otherwise read easy sex into me asking for his number, to go for coffee, etc.

Or the worst yet-I'll be rejected!

Guys are really brave with the rejection thing. Thank God!
 OutMind
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/4/2007 6:43:36 PM
You know. I am very disappointed by the men's responses on this thread. Really. Come on. You have never, ever been hit on by a woman? I don't believe it!! Perhaps you didn't read the signals. I have to say this. Most people in this place go around saying that they don't play games, don't do this or that or the other. Blah, blah, blah, blah. And what do you get? Nothing. The truth is that there's a hell of a lot happening at a subliminal level, and you are all missing it. It is walking by you and you are ignoring it because you have obtuse ideas that don't see what's in front of you.

If you guys knew how to use half the brain cells that you been endowed with you will start noticing these things, and realize that you could get hit by a woman, no less than once a week. Now, yes this is grandma first, but then is the casher, and the girl at the gym, at the bookstore, at the coffee shop and so on. And all it takes is one thing. (to discover it, that is.)
 OutMind
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/4/2007 9:14:10 PM

Hey, I have to say, I guess I don't know how to identify the women hitting on me. I would think I would be able to, but I guess not. In turn, how about helping us dissapointing response men in a solid way. Being insulting and totally vague isn't helping. But, I'll definitely listen to good advice. Not subliminal obtuse vague descriptions that include grandma.

Hey. suck it up chumps. And stop messing with grandma. She still loves you and will pinch you cheek. (I hate that.) Hehehehe.

This is complicated because it involves a hell of a lot of things you guys are maybe aware of or maybe not. And I am not going to waste my time here telling you. So tough cookies. So start with two things. And this is so basic that it almost sounds just like dahh. But first thing is eye contact. Don't stare. But make eye contact with everyone. Then when you engage. Connect to the pupils. Wow. Into her soul. Instantly. It's like cheating at kissing. It goes smack in there. Women change automatically. What you do after that is up to you. But things are an open book for a fraction of a time.

Second, well, we are talking about her coming into you, not you coming into her so the strategies are totally different, yet you start the same. So offer a smile a gesture, not that you are into her, big no no. If it's "hey baby" you are shot down three seconds flat. But that you're receptive to her mind. Her. Be shy receptive. Do you know what I mean?

Does it work all the time? Of course not. You are going about your business and as you meet people you connect to them, still minding about your business. But when you have such attitude that is open, it allows people, women to search in, want to know more, have coffee with you.

Enough said. Go practice. There's a lot of other sh¡t, but you wouldn't grasp it this fast. So practice. And remember. Women want you really bad.
 stevepilot
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/5/2007 10:56:54 PM
I have to agree with pretty much every other guy here, the only time women ever talk to me in public, other than to ask 'Paper or Plastic' is if they're looking for directions or the time, or something along those lines.

I definitely would be immediately suspicious of anything more than that and I'd probably break out laughing if asked to go to coffee, well, laughing while I figured out where the camera was hidden.
 Roamingsiris
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2007 7:29:13 PM
I can only ever remember 1 pickup line per-se.

"Hi, Your cute, Do you have a GF?"

That seemd pretty damn simple, and to the point.

/shrug.
 soaringangel86
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/8/2007 12:10:06 PM
I am one of the millions of guys who have never had this happen (with an attractive women). However, several unattractive females have approached me and I was really just polite and nice enough not to hurt their feelings, although the fact that it happened hurt my feelings because it makes me realize what kind of league I am in.
 Fish-Argh
Msg: 77
Posted: 12/8/2007 12:30:33 PM
I once had a girl get my number by telling me she didn't know her way around, and asked if she could get directions from me in case she were lost. I later found out she'd lived in that town for about 16 years....

But honestly, if a girl asks me out I'm usually too dumbfounded to even reply. It's so rare for the female to do it, even at this day in age, that I'm in awe if they do.

The things that runs through my mind is "You had the guts to ask me if I want coffee..."

It's really pretty simple. Everyone eats, drinks, and sleeps. So pretty much all you have to say is "Are you thirsty/hungry?"

"Hi, my name's 'insert name here.' I was wondering if you'd like to get some coffee/something to eat." Done.
 YourDarkAngel
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/12/2007 10:51:09 PM
She *claims* she's hit on men in public before. Whether it's true or not in out of cyberspace remains to be seen.
 MacGyverRI
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/14/2007 12:07:52 AM
> (OP) Has a woman ever walked up to you in the middle of a store, or in
> the park, or at the coffee shop.....and struck up a conversation with you?

Yes, many times in a Store & coffee shops. I take hints easily and go with the flow if she's my type and politely make an excuse if she's not.

The Park would be another story, I usually take my Ferret there and she's a babe magnet! :203:
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/14/2007 6:56:35 AM
"Do you know where the restroom is?"
 pet_tech
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2007 12:56:46 PM
*point to your vagina and say:* "Well!? It's not going to lick itself!"
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/17/2007 7:42:44 AM
"Do you know where the restroom is?"
 cedar77
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 2:23:24 PM
*point to your vagina and say:* "Well!? It's not going to lick itself!"

Ahh ...
The direct approach ...no beating around the bush (very bad pun intended )

Although , probably not the type a guy would bring home to meet mom.

alexfromwest
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/27/2008 11:03:56 AM
women hit on me all the time and i dont care what they say as it always in Costa Rica where prostitution is legal and my answer always is--Quanto? Una hora,dos horas?
 Terrible Flirt
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2008 6:35:56 PM
I once witnessed a sort of pick up line and a counter offer, with only two words spoken. It went like this....girl gives the whistle (you know, the wheeet wooo whistle) as a guy walks by. He turns in mid stride and says, "want some?". But she must have been a little shocked with the speed and directness of his response because by the time she picked her jaw up off the ground he had strode out of range. Pretty efficient communication though.
 nobrumski
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2008 7:55:32 PM
If you are someone I find attractive, you will definitely have to go out of your way such as punching me in my arm, slapping me across the back of the head, and being blatant about it. Anything I can mistake as you just being friendly will be assumed that it is just that.
 feedem
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2008 8:34:06 PM
You know she's going to say somthing smart when she starts the sentence with "A man once told me................"
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2008 10:23:45 PM
The best line I've heard lately was at the dairy case; a woman said to me, "Oh, look! They dropped the price of milk a whole dime."

To which I responded, "Great, that leaves enough for gas for us to drive to- um, the edge of the parking lot?"
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Workable pickup lines to use on a guy