Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Cats or dogs in relationship? CAn they sleep in bed?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 100%me
Msg: 11
Cats or dogs in relationship? CAn they sleep in bed?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
no dogs / cats even in the same room - not when you're in a relationship with someone.... it feels too weird when you're trying to get the groove on... almost like they're watching.
ah, maybe i'm paranoid, but if i wanted someone to watch, i'd videotape it...lol
 100%me
Msg: 14
Cats or dogs in relationship? CAn they sleep in bed?
Posted: 5/21/2005 1:45:57 AM
so throw a copy of lady and the tramp in the vcr..lol
 100%me
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/21/2005 1:54:39 AM
lol... the movie is for them.... so you can go on being the lady and the tramp.... lol
 who_the_fox
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/21/2005 8:34:07 AM
No 4 legged animals welcome in bed.
 smilincaligal198
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/6/2005 3:04:19 AM
i love animals. coulnt live without em. i have cats dogs turtles, mice, and fish and birds, and a rabbit. very much into my lil critters. if a man cant handle it, then i am sorry. i will never give them up., i once dated a guy who told me he loved animals. he was so sweet to them. i was really into him. then one day i caught him kicking one of my dogs. i threw him out real fast and never saw him again.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2005 3:31:40 PM
I'm currently owned by a neutered tomcat that thinks he's a 12 pound kitten. He sleeps with me occasionally, but mostly likes to sleep in my daughter's room. I consider him to be one of the family
 Trishnaa
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/16/2006 10:37:47 AM
No thanks.I love sleeping alone.

~*Flavia*~
 Trishnaa
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:53:17 AM
^^^^Thanks for predicting my future.But, I don't really care, I always wanted to be a nun anyway..Why are you still single though, Mr. self proclaimed good guy???
Atleast I'm not desperate and whiny like some people on here.

~*Flavia*~
 Forget Me Not
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/16/2006 7:11:43 PM
Well since my dog was here...and in my bed first anyone that spent the night would have to deal. She's only 9lbs btw so doesn't take up much room.
 treblecane
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/16/2006 7:55:20 PM
i once dated a guy...went over to his house, and there were two main things that told me "never again" one, his uhh "pipe" was right on the kitchen counter. i don't care so much if you engage in recreational smoking, but for heavens' sake, don't leave it out in the open. two, his little dog was WAY too big a part of his life. it licked him on the lips, he spent more time on the floor playing with the dog than next to me on the couch talking with me (on a date...uhh....) and he mentioned that he slept up in the bed. i knew it'd be one of those things that if we ever did get intimate, it would be an inintended threesome...yeah, not so much. plus, his house was a complete mess...if you're on a date, don't most guys hold out for a possibility of bringing a girl home (even if not for sex) and maybe pick up just a little????
 iseekunique
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 5:18:00 AM
NO NO NO! NO animals in the bed when you are in a relationship or any time else I have a golden retreiver who I love dearly and is spoiled rotten but she is a DOG and dogs do not belong on people furniture. After all... do they wash their paws after they've been roaming around in who knows what before they jump on the bed ?
 BerthaButt
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/17/2006 8:52:05 AM
Keep them clean and free of fleas and loose hair. Usually though, when somebody is spending the nite I ask if they mind if Fluffy sleeps with us. If he says he minds, then Fluffy sleeps on the pet bed.
 rusticman54
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/25/2015 11:15:23 AM
I don't consider women with indoor pets. Problem solved.

No Dogs In My Bed
 pepperstrand
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/20/2015 6:46:37 AM
I used to let my dog sleep in my bed then started to think she is the only being that is in my bed, I need to make some room for a man! So trained her to not do that. I still don't have a man but hey at least there is room for me to stretch in my bed!
 sealady111
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/20/2015 2:04:53 PM
No dogs in the bed.

They do often sleep outside the door.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/20/2015 2:26:53 PM
My old kitty slept with me most nights, under the covers when it was cold. It was never an issue with anyone I was dating. She passed away earlier this year. I would give anything to have her cuddle up with me one more night. My new kitty hasnt slept on the bed yet, but does come on the bed to meow at me for food.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2015 4:52:33 PM
I miss mine purring in my ear. She'd wake me at 7 am. I miss that old screwy cat
 Ouija2025
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/20/2015 5:15:46 PM
Lily sleeps with me. When she gets cold she slides under the covers, in the Summer it is like having a toaster, in the Winter it is Joy
She so cute I could rent her out :) Best love bucket ever
 bamagrl68
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/22/2015 4:10:40 PM
grubeci- My dog sleeps with me and THINKS he's a lap dog and sometimes gets on the couch.
I have him groomed regularly.
If I met a man that was not ok with him in the bed, if we were serious and it was a deal breaker, I would make him sleep on the floor and stay off of the sofa.
A new relationship and/or just started dating, any ultimatums that soon usually means an invitation involving a door and their hiney. ;)
 funchesf
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/22/2015 8:13:14 PM
of course one might meet a potential significant other with the occasional pet, dog, cat, wombat, funnel web spider whatever...but when it comes to the bedroom only hair or fur I want to be combing or rubbing is that of an adult human female

perhaps within "The house of Pets" the bed should be the one place held sacred for the two of you and void of other people or of little forest creatures hiding their Kill under the pillows
 4ms4me
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2015 12:35:12 PM
I was against dogs on the bed or couch for most of my life - unless invited for snuggles, and obedient about getting off when told so my BF's dog had to learn to stay on the floor when at my place. Then I got this scared of everyone and everything dog, and it became a goal to help him gain enough confidence to go into the bedroom at all, then another goal to get on the bed/couch for snuggles. Once I could get him on the bed or couch, he'd jump off anytime anyone moved so then I worked to get him comfortable with being on the there if people moved. Kicking him off at any time would have meant he'd never try again - told him once to stay out of the kitchen, and he's never set foot in there again in five years. Anyway, getting him on the bed and to stay there over night was, in my mind, key to gaining his trust - animals don't sleep where they don't feel safe. It took about three years from start to finish, but now he sleeps on the bed all night. BFs dog still sleeps on the floor, though, because even she can tell it's too crowded when she gets up there. Probably too hot for her too.

So, there are times when I wish I had a different dog and could have the whole bed to myself again, but there's no way I'd kick my dog off now - its one of the few places in the world where he does feel totally safe and comfortable. I probably wouldn't date a man who didn't understand this, so its a good thing I'm with my BF because he totally gets it. :)
 2ufo
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/24/2015 2:11:31 PM
I'm agreeable either way my partner prefers. I've had pets sleep on my bed; usually tucked behind my knees or sometimes at my feet but I can and have trained them to sleep in their crates or on a particular blanket/pillow/pet cushion on the floor.

People need to train their pets and crate training is extremely useful. Train your dog that the crate is his/her/its special place - a little retreat or personal space for breathing room - and make it comfortable for them. Then you can move the crate as you desire and the pet will always have 'their' home. Please note that I am not saying 'lock your dog/cat in the crate for 20 hours a day' - that is not crate training.
 Blonde_Angel_In_Tennessee
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/24/2015 5:13:38 PM
My relationship is like the Brady Bunch of Cats...

recently I told him we need a 2nd bed or a CRIB so the cats could sleep there instead of festooning themselves all over us...
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/24/2015 6:07:51 PM
My cat sleeps in my bed, on the left of me, near my shoulder. His rule, not mine... And he WILL fight you for that spot.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/24/2015 6:09:56 PM
One date told me that his cat was an a**hole - he would sit on his bed but just far enough so my date couldn't touch him.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Cats or dogs in relationship? CAn they sleep in bed?