Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Curvy Vs Slim      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Smitty828282
Msg: 2
Curvy Vs SlimPage 1 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
Both are great! But of course there are the extremes... too thin, and too curvy, which are also called annorexic and obese

I'm a big fan of curves on a woman, always have been. I love that hourglass figure (notice I'm not giving measurements or anything... it's the figure, not the size). When a woman has nicely shaped hips and a nice round ass (no flat eighties style asses for me!) my tongue hits the floor, my jaw is soon to follow if she's got a nice chest to go with

Don't pay attention to what you see in the media... I know I'm not alone when I say that 80% of so called "super models" are actually ugly. Most are way too thin, have funny looking faces, and snort coke like it's going out of style...

One of the women who I think has the most amazing bodies on this planet is Tyra Banks. To each his own though
 vladtepes97
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/11/2007 3:06:09 PM
i almost read the title as "curry vs slim" (jim).

don't believe a thing from the media about preferences. everybody knows that models are unnatrually and unhealthily built, and men are usually close to unanimous in saying they're too thin. depending on the culture you're from, you'll like curvy or chunky, but bony is pretty much ruled out. anyone who tells you that men like scrawny women is likely a female editor for teeny bopper magazine like "people" or "cosmopolitan."
 nocalsingledad
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/11/2007 4:22:43 PM
I can go with slim but not skeletal. I am not into anorexic women who rattle when they cum. There is a such thing as too skinny. Personally, I like women on the curvier side but not into the very obese or "SSBBW".
 Smitty828282
Msg: 15
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/11/2007 4:33:26 PM

They've won because now, and I am willing to bet that I'm not alone here--we men have become resigned to the reality that almost without exception; anytime I see "curvy", I automatically think "FAT" because so many of the self-delusional chubbies out there are masquerading under the monniker....

This is one that I really hate to admit to be true.

What bothers me is that the girls who are doing this obviously aren't fooling anyone even if they don't have a picture... what happens when you meet the person you've been talking to for a few weeks? I think that there are some out there who do this hoping to attract a man by personality alone and that they will just accept them when they eventually meet. They really do a disservice to the truly sexy curvy women out there, not only to them but to themselves and the guys they are trying to deceive.

I really think they need to provide some spoof-ish descriptions of what these body types actually mean

For example:
Thin: Broom handle
Athletic: mmmmm beach volleyball anyone?
Average: DUH!
Curvy: m-m-m-m-m-m-Marilyn!
A Few Extra Pounds: that's a few, not a few dozen
BBW: Large and in charge, loving life!

I really don't want to piss any ladies off with this but it's totally true, all you need to do is a search for women in your own area and you'll see it, everywhere.
 miajune
Msg: 16
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/11/2007 4:56:21 PM
As a BBW: Large and in charge, loving life! I slighty agree. Some women do use curvy as a nice way to say fat. But I have no problem with the word. I think we should be clear so we can find someone who is truely attracted to our body type. Why waste yours and someone elses time trying to convince them that they are missing out on a fantastic fat girl. I don't have time for all that. I find lots of nice people looking for somene just like me.
"Someone once told me 'Only sick and twisted men like fat women.' Well, I like my men sick and twisted!"
So like what you like and be what you are.
 fancynanci
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/11/2007 5:04:04 PM
I sure love the responses of you men. Thank GOD I am curvy!!!!
 Argentum Crinis Philogus
Msg: 23
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/11/2007 5:45:18 PM
Give me a Marilyn Monroe or even better, a Mae West anytime, any where.

"You may admire a girl's curves on the first introduction... but the second meeting shows up new angles." Mae West
 cheibu69
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/11/2007 6:07:17 PM
Slim is good, very good. Curvy seems to have replaced over-weight in our PC world.
I don't believe 200lbs. is curvy, I think its over-weight. Years before they used to call that obese but now you can't use that term.
 OutMind
Msg: 29
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/11/2007 6:52:36 PM
I prefer girls that do not wear white swimming suits. She can be slim, she can be curvy, she just needs to have panache. In the end what is most attractive it is not slim or curvy, but the hip to waist ratio.
 passionteman
Msg: 31
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/11/2007 7:14:28 PM
I like women with beautiful curves. It is all sexy when she bends over and makes that kitty all lickable!!!
 northeast25
Msg: 32
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/11/2007 7:32:30 PM
There are attractive women from both body types. Unfortunately some women will call themselves curvy when they are actually fat or obese.
 BOIT
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/11/2007 9:41:32 PM
I agree with Dutchpirate....
 that sam i am
Msg: 37
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/12/2007 1:49:49 AM
Slim with an inch or two of cushion. Not a goddamn Beanbag of cushionyfatness.
Keira Knightley is hot!
 mrinternational07
Msg: 45
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/12/2007 8:46:12 AM
curvy but with good shape,as in they work out yet have curves so it looks just right,i hope that makes sense,eg britney when shes in shape
 c_deacon
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/12/2007 8:47:42 AM
You can be curvy yet slim or thin together.

Is this not just semantics dealing with thin versus fat? There is a big difference in my mind when it comes to words like slim versus curvy, and trying to compare that to thin versus fat.........

Being a stick person compared to being vivacious is a large area of individual opinion and self image. A woman that is 5 feet tall might consider a man of 5'5" as tall, yet the average woman of 5'7" would consider him short and want someone much taller, especially when wearing heels, how often have we heard that gentlemen?

I have seen both women and men look proportionally good no matter their size, if they are healthy, work out, stay in shape and not let the battle of the bulge win out. A dress size of 12 for a man that wears pants with a 40 inch waist can be proportional to the both of them, and considered curvy and average to each, but for a man with a 34 inch waist and close to 6' tall, that size 12 can be a few pounds over weight to just fat, and his preference for curvy could be considered slim or super thin to all those with the opposite physique.

Just my opinion........
 Mr dangerous
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/12/2007 9:06:16 AM
Hi there, I would have to go with slim but fit(what I would say was athletic). have to add ur just the ticket.
 lalby
Msg: 49
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/12/2007 11:14:40 AM
I think it all deppends,some guys like curvy girls and others like slim girls.I don't like seing women too thin as to me they look ill and unatural.
I'm a bigger girl myself and am happy with my body and have never had a problem with getting dates,but i think thats more down to my personality.
When i was in my teens i was very thin i had no bust or hips,or bum and i hated my figure when i filled out and got a bust i thought it was great and i would never want to go back to being thin,i think women should embrace thier curves and love the bodies they are in.
 northeast25
Msg: 53
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/12/2007 1:00:06 PM

have noticed, a few references to Marilyn Monroe, Marilyn at her biggest, which was around the same time she was at her most famous, was a size 16. when she died she was a size 14.

Clothing sizes were different in the 1950s. In today's sizes, Marilyn Monore would have been between sizes 4-10 depending on her exact weight.

Ok Smitty, where does one fall if its only 15-20lbs? That's not BBW and its more than a 'few'......That's where I'm at in life....but I list 'a few extra pounds'. Does that make me deceitful? Most men I meet are happy with the description and I've never had any complaints. Of course, many have mentioned the fact that previous girls that they had met had used 'a few extra' and had been more like 50-100 lbs extra. Guess I'm just trying to get the guy's takes on this.....Those 'few extra' pounds really do make me curvier though.........

I don't see any problems with putting a few extra pounds. 15-20 lbs isn't a lot of weight. I think there should be a weight class between a few extra pounds and BBW. There are a fair amount of women that are in between these body types.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/12/2007 6:36:20 PM
Keira is OK, but the truth is that I go ga-ga over girls like Marilyn Monroe or Gina Lollobrigida. Curvy is better, IMO.
 northeast25
Msg: 63
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/12/2007 7:13:14 PM
Hey Northeast, maybe the clothing sizes have changed since the 1950's, but I'd have to say she still would have been closer to a 10-12 - in today's world. But in her heyday, she was the most desired woman alive. What woman wouldn't want to have that figure? Of course, had she lived to be in her 40's-50's and carried several children, what would she have looked like then? Without the personal trainers and cosmetic surgery?

Marilyn Monroe was about 5' 5" and weighed between 115 and 140 lbs. According to various catalogs that I have seen, a woman who is 5' 5" and 115 is about a size 4. A woman who is 5' 5" and 140 is between a size 8 and a size 10. I'm not saying women who are a size 10-12 are fat or unattractive. In fact, I have seen plenty of attractive women in that size range. But Marilyn Monroe wasn't a size 12 and maybe a size 10 only at her heaviest weight.
 LADYBUGG!!
Msg: 68
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/12/2007 11:11:52 PM
MARILYN MONROE was SEXY as heck her BODY her way and everything about her ..... and she WAS'NT THIN at allllllll ..... ans she WAS'NT FAT ....... she was CURVY!!!!!! even today EVERYONE tries to copy her ...... and CURVY is NOT fat .... CURVY is having CURVES where a woman should .... FAT is being over weight and more round then having CURVES .......... and a CURVY gal looks GOOD in most anything she wears ......
 vladtepes97
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/13/2007 4:38:08 AM

I am glad to hear that men can appreciate all body types, but the majority goes to curvy. its great to see the change in society

oh, make no mistake, it wasn't "men" that changed. it was only magazines like cosmopolitan and people that trumpeted magabones women as attractive to men. i've never heard of a man that found scrawny attractive.

as for the obese taking over the word "curvy," i'd not heard that. curvy is a properly built and healthy body with stuff sticking out where it's supposed to stick out. fat is not curvy. athletic with unnaturally large breasts is not curvy either.

the body sizes/types go, in this order:
magabones/scrawny
skinny
slim
slim/curvy
curvy
overweight/chunky
fat/obese

there is practically no overlap.
 northeast25
Msg: 77
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/13/2007 7:51:16 AM

Regardless, what decade it was, the conversions are the same. according to a biography i read about her, she weighed 75kg's, or 168.75lbs in her glory days, it wasn't till after her life turned for the bad she started to loose weight rapidly.

According to various articles that I have read about her, the most she weighed was about 140 lbs, not 165-170 lbs. If she did ever weigh 165-170 lbs, then she would have been a size 14 or 16 by today's standards.
 Cynderella
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/13/2007 8:08:57 AM
Both works for me!
 *buzz*
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/13/2007 1:29:39 PM
Curves on slim body might not be so voluptuous but hey, fingers and lips may linger longer following trail of harmonious body proportions
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Curvy Vs Slim