Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Let it snow, let it snow...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VainH
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Let it snow, let it snow...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Well, once you factor in hazard pay, equipment costs, having to pay for your own benefits, an accountant to figure out your taxes since you're self-employed, and travel and sales expenses...

you still paid too much. If he was a neighbour or something, he should have offered out of the goodness of his heart, and then been grateful if you gave him a tip after. You probably could have hired a pro for that rate.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 10
Let it snow, let it snow...
Posted: 12/15/2007 7:05:12 AM
Hey Mietzele ! I think you better get them kids phone numbers and put the numbers on speed dial . As with the storm coming saturday evening & sunday I think your gonna be needing to call them a few times this weekend!LOL
As weather network is calling for 20 - 30 cm's of snow starting late saturday evening and all day sunday! I bet they'll be lot richer by sunday evening then alot of us are on pay day!
 photopilot1
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2007 5:18:02 PM
Hey, as a kid my dad had a really simple rule for brother and I. Once our driveway was shovelled, only then could we shovels others for money. We used to pray for snow so that we could earn a little extra money. In the winter we shovelled snow, and in the summer we cut lawns. Maybe it was a simpler time back then (late 60's and 70's) but I managed to save enough to cover a semester of University in Europe, and also my first full year of University here in Canada. That's was my dad called earning your education.

Kids these days need the same discipline.... though I sometimes think we've lost something along the way as a society.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/15/2007 10:50:59 PM
Well when I was in grade 6 to grade 8 me & my buddies would shovel driveways or sidewalks for $10 per driveway . And some days we would earn as much as a $100 bucks in about 4 hours ! One lady use to pay us for cleaning her driveway and her sidewalks and then almost demand we come inside for hot coco and a hot meal. each time we done her snow removall !LOL And if we ever declined to take money for doing her driveway she would mail it to us and would always over pay us .
Yep always seemed to earn enough shoveling snow that when the western fair was on we had enough to hit the fair 4 or 5 times a week !LOL
But now adays its kinda hard just to find anyone who would shovel a driveway even if you offered them $40 bucks per driveway !LOL
 star-dust
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2007 9:07:20 PM
I wish someone would have offered to shovel me out today or even offered to use my snowblower. It took me almost 3 hours to clean my 80 foot driveway and a 5 car parkinglot. My tenant told me when he moved in he would help out, but guess what? when there is snow, he does not answer the door or the phone.....LOL
But I was a nice girl and plowed my elderly neighbor out too.
Lets hope we dont get too much more tomorrow.
 star-dust
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 5:14:03 PM
WOW, manicures and snow shovelling? does not really go together, I think anyway........LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Let it snow, let it snow...