Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > First date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Malley
Msg: 18
First datePage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
What is going on here ??? Where are all the people who are going to go for a walk on the beach ???
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 37
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 12/26/2007 2:56:38 PM
lol - So what was the film and did you enjoy it?

My Two penn'orth; Meet for A coffee. *A* coffe I hear you say? (I think that's what the voices are saying) Yep, one coffee only, if there's no spark, there's no spark. Why make someone (or me) commit to an evening, meal etc. when you can tell within about 5 seconds that you don't like someone - not through any fault of theirs - they just don't suit your taste.
 bootielicious
Msg: 42
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 12/26/2007 5:11:10 PM
Best first date I ever had was a few years back now and consisted of going to the snowdome for a snow boarding lesson. I had no previous experience and as I had chosen to go on a date with a stunt man within half an hour he was cruising the slopes like James Bond. I on the other hand was still mastering the act of screaming while trying to keep my balance going down backwards (I still don't think it is fair to make you start going the wrong way down!).

It was a great laugh as well as hair raising and rather nice to be able to point at the James Bond like figure saying 'that's my date' lol.

You do have to be able to laugh at yourself in these situations. I'm not sure if I would do another snow boarding date, but something of that calibre definately. At the same time I don't mind doing something more sedate, but like others i'm not so keen on eating during a first meet.

The cinema can be fine as long as you have time afterward to go on to a pub and have a chat. It can be quite interesting to see how the date reacts towards the chosen movie. If it is a comedy that you find hilarious and they just don't get it, this speaks volumes. Watch and observe!!!!
 oggers
Msg: 45
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 12/27/2007 2:24:26 AM
sprite wrote

I like to get pissed at home and then stagger down the pub to meet my suitor and impress him with my drunken banter. Then after 10 mins he can carry me home and have his wicked way with me, not that I'll remember of course

you dont remember !?
Thank you.
Thank you very much ...

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > First date