Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > getting over being dumped?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 2
view profile
History
getting over being dumped?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Let your heart mend... If you don't then carry into each and every fumble the thing that hurt you from the past.

But hey, do what makes you happy.
 Baber.
Msg: 6
view profile
History
getting over being dumped?
Posted: 12/16/2007 9:40:34 PM
I agree with

"nothing gets you over a girl faster than landing an even hotter one, good luck brother"

But that works only if you find someone "greater" than her. Someone that's better with her words AND in bed, otherwise yo'ull just end up missing your ex more.

But defintely don't dwell on it.. remember to love youreslf in all your glory, and that she wasn't a woman to see the wonderful qualities in you. There is a better match out there so why mope and worry about it when you can simply erase her from your heart and move on?

Talk to your guy and girl friends about what happened .. letting it "out" and those feelings of frustration is what's necessary. Do it and move onnn
 Seavoyage
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2007 11:29:47 PM
How long were you with that woman? If it was just for a few months or no more than six months, it should not be so bad. Frankly, I dealt with a female who thought she was ready to date, had this profile up for dating on another site, and didn't really go into detail about her ex-boyfriend, and showed interested in me, and when I reciprocated, she said she felt she was cheating on her ex-boyfriend. I thought it was kind of weird behaviour, but I can understand it somewhat..... I kind of broke up with someone, and I am going back into it. I don't want to feel sorry for myself, and I've had a break for over 1 month and a half. Have I forgotten completely? No, but I can definitely feel for another woman... If you are thinking about the woman constantly then don't go with another woman. If she doesn't come into your mind a lot, just once in a while, and you have accepted it's over, and you feel up to it, go for a new girl, but take your time, don't rush....... It is hard to quantify the amount of time to be away from dating.... Don't just wallow in the mire, but don't go immediately from a break up into a relationship...
 dontmakecookies
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2007 1:16:42 AM
There's only one person in this thread who really knows the answer to that. The good news is that there's one person in this thread who really knows the answer to that. I'll let the OP try to figure it out.

(shhhh, no hints)
 SCUDRUNN3R
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/18/2008 9:24:52 PM
I have to agree that if you feel better being with someone immediately after a relationship (rebound), and you're both happy, then there's nothing wrong with that.
It is wrong however to jump straight in with someone you barely know, just to get back at an ex. That's just entering a whole world of trouble.. for both parties.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > getting over being dumped?