Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > KC & Surrounding Areas: LET'S GET FUNKY! January 26th, 2008.      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 1
KC & Surrounding Areas: LET'S GET FUNKY! January 26th, 2008.Page 1 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Saturday, January 26TH @ FunkyTown

Some people are going to be meeting for dinner prior to heading out to FunkyTown. If your interested in getting a bite to eat and meeting some of the members prior to going to FunkyTown. This is where and the details:

Buffalo Wild Wings
9490 E. Highway 350
Raytown, MO 64133
816.313.BWWW (2999)
Ask for Megan

Weather Report for the FunkyTown area on 1/26/2008!
Sunny with a high of 44 a low of 27 and a 10% chance of precipitation

Important Reminder! "DO NOT" forget to bring your ID cards! FunkyTown cards everyone dead or alive!

It's time to get funky once again so we are going to head back out to FunkyTown for another great POF meet & greet event! So make plans now to come out and join us and make some new friends, meet some familiar faces and help celebrate the January birthdays! These events are a great way to celebrate your b-day and you know POFer's are always looking for something to celebrate. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out and join in on the fun.

FunkyTown is the best mix in town! You can party with old/young, fat/thin, guys/girls, every combo possible. Fun to go alone or bring a group. The zoo is where you go to watch the animals... FunkyTown is where you go to watch the people. This place is the bomb! Especially if you like the retro type music of the 70's and 80's. They serve appetizer type food and it's pretty damn good. The drinks are reasonably priced and they are not skimpy on the alcohol. You get your monies worth. They have a "Stairway to Heaven" area which is a sofa-filled balcony area that over looks the dance floor. The dance floor is huge and has two go-go style cages for you dancers to strut your stuff in. Two bars... lots of bartenders and waitresses. Everyone fits in at FunkyTown. It's a really great place to party. So start making your plans to come out and join us. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out and join us to have a few drinks, dance their asses off and partake in lots of laughing. So grab your friends and head on out and join us for some fun. Relax, mingle and make some new friends. No pressure, no expectations.

Time & Location Details:
8pm to close (3am)!
FunkyTown
8300 Blue Parkway, Kansas City, MO. 64133
You'll end up turning onto Blue Pkwy Drive off of E. 63rd St. and then follow it around to the Funky Town entrance.
(816) 737-3865
Seating: We have 100 seats reserved under the Plenty Of Fish name for this event! The reserved seats will only be held until 9pm at which time the signs are picked and anyone can grab them. So come early and help save tables/seats!
Cost: $5.00 cover charge!

NOTE A: The doors open at 8pm and the music starts at 9:15pm. The 8pm to 9:15pm time frame is the perfect time for you to meet new people, make new friends and dancing buddies, before it gets loud and crazy.

NOTE B: The ultimate goal here is to meet and make some new friends and to just have fun. Keep an open mind, first impressions are not always correct. Be prepared to approach the group. We are generally very friendly to new people, but we can't always tell who is there to meet/join the group. (Sometimes it is easier to come with a member who has been to an event before, or if you are uncomfortable approaching the group, approach an individual who will help introduce you to the group.) You can always approach the event organizer "Host" and ask them for help. We usually have people that will introduce you around if you want or need that. This is not intended to be a hook up meet even though that could happen for some. And again you must remember, these meet and greet events are what "YOU" make them. "YOU" have to take some initiative and say hi and make yourself known to people. So when you come look for tables marked Plenty Of Fish, say hi and grab a seat. Have fun and be yourself that is all we ask. You don't even have to be a member of any site to join us... ever. So grab a friend or two and come on out.

NOTE C: IT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR SOMEONE TO SIGN UP IN ORDER TO COME OUT AND JOIN IN ON THE FUN. IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT BUT DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP THEN DO IT. EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME. SIGNED UP OR NOT, MEMBER OR NOT! The sign up thing is just to help us get an approximate number of how many might come and how many seats to reserve or try to save.

NOTE D (Updated 1/18/2008): I am willing to buy a (meaning 1) drink for any female with a January birthday that attends this event. Find me and prove to me it's your birthday and a drink will be on me. THIS OFFER IS ONLY GOOD UNTIL THE MUSIC STARTS! So if your not there and you don't find me before that first song is played then your out of luck. Sorry.

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

4keeps4ever

amiyy4u

autumlvs

BestFisherLady

caligal_38

campanulist

Charlene0729

chieffan

cknad84life

coach316

cool tine

d_a_m

dancenightly

DancinDeb

daphnekc

Eric53

gigi046

gilbertb

gourmetfoodlover

GREYWOLF50

jennamo

jewel734

joypassion

kat_in_kc

kcblakangel

KCLion

kcmoMurphy

kcsmitty

KCWildflower

kdbugg

kuttyrocks

lakerat58

Leavenworth38

LEPRECHAUN 4 YOU

lordhellion

lorianna25

Mr Gummischuh

mwe1980

nightowl2u

pegluvsflags

pompano2

PumperTech

rmbhc8

seaoflove

sergio207

speedydudedude

steveb0855

stilkidn

tazgal

thingamabawb

True Blue 53

wei_long

yldchld13

Ynotyou

54 people are attending
100% YES... I am there!
Possibly.... can't commit.
No way, José....I can't keep up with you all!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 2
KC & Surrounding Areas: LET'S GET FUNKY! January 26th, 2008.
Posted: 12/17/2007 8:34:42 AM
This one is posted way in advance to give people time and a chance to make plans to attend. Spread the word, invite anyone and everyone. The more the merrier and pray for nice weather .
 lordhellion
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/17/2007 9:53:53 AM
Last one was so much fun I wont miss this one
 Charlene0729
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/17/2007 11:19:20 AM
I missed the last one thanks to Austin's dad not being able to take him because they didn't have electricity (neither did I put I'm the responsible parent lol).
So I will be there (unless his dad comes up with another excuse). I still have my halo (no one has stolen it yet) & my dancing shoes are still ready!! Tell everyone that this place is so much fun!! Even if you don't dance (better not let me know or I'll drag ya out on the dance floor), you'll still have a great time!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/17/2007 11:53:44 AM
This is early but to those born in the month of January .
 Charlene0729
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/17/2007 2:43:08 PM
In case anyone missed it Gummi is buying drinks for the girls born in January!!!!! (hmmm guess Gummi doesn't like the guys as much as the girls)
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/17/2007 5:11:48 PM
Let's get the offer straight now . I am not buying the "drinks" for the women born in January. I am buying those women born in January, who can prove it, "one" drink.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/17/2007 6:10:28 PM
It's only 1 drink per gal born in January dang it . Not all drinks all night. I'm only doing it in January and for a reason. Tell those girl friends born in January to come on out. Just start a dang list so I can be prepared. And since FunkyTown requires a drivers license to get in. Proving a birthday won't be a problem .
 greeneyes64052
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2007 7:39:45 PM
Well, it's hard to pass up a free drink. I think Jan 9th qualifies.
 dancenightly
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2007 8:33:33 PM
Where's funkytown,there is going dancing,so where do you think,I'll be at? ON THE FLOOR AS ALWAYS,now we need at least 50 people to show up,& since SID said he was buying 1 drink for every lady,I will call my oldest daughter,that just happens to turn 23 on Jan 20,I will see some of you before this,I know it,maybe,I'd better find some new moves on the floor,ladies, what do you think?
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/17/2007 8:44:32 PM
Damn... this drink idea could be a little costly but it will be worth it if it brings out the ladies .
 dancenightly
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2007 9:43:30 PM
Well,Sid,if you need a little cash to help out,when you have to buy 50 ladies drinks,maybe I could help you out,All the ladies over 40,who's birthdays on in JAN. I will buy them i drink,MMMMMMMMM,I wander what I'm geting myself into now,but wait,there is one little catch to my deal,you will have to wait & see on the dancefloor?????????????
 campanulist
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/19/2007 1:28:08 PM
I am coming if I'm able.........and I'm not even born in January. It's nice people and a lot of fun so don't be afraid to show up and say hi if you're a newcomer. We all were once.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/19/2007 3:46:25 PM
I think bringing extra chickies along is worth a drink
 dancenightly
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2007 9:11:28 PM
WELCOME,JUSTFORFUN210,I will ask you to dance,no need to be shy,we are out to have fun,the is one little secret,you will have to try the CAR-BAR!!! BUT THAT IS TOP SECRET FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU,BRING SOME FRIENDS,TOO,later,RIC
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/19/2007 10:41:33 PM
I'll be bringing my own secret liquid stash .
 dancenightly
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 12:20:24 AM
Hot guys to dance,well,let's see if some of my single friends,want to let loose on the dance floor,like somebody I know,Charlene,Michelle,TAT,KDBUGG,any commets on this one!!
 Charlene0729
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/20/2007 4:23:44 AM
I'm not sure about "heard bad things about Funky Town" - unless they are so scared to see Sid in the cage. That might be enough to scare people I guess.
I've always had a great time & have met the most awesome people!
It's a dance club / bar -- go & have a few drinks, alot of dances, meet new & not so new faces, laugh, & have fun
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/20/2007 7:32:36 AM
When I hear people say bad things about this venue or any other, I always have to take the source into consideration. If your a country music lover and that is all you listen to, then you might not like this place. I have found that it comes down to the whether or not the person likes this type of music, and why they are there. When someone tells someone bad things about events at a venue then it is normally because they sat back and didn't socialize with anyone. Nobody gets rejected from the group. But that being said, we aren't going to run up to everyone that comes through the door. If someone new comes out, all they have to do is come early, find the tables marked POF, say hi and grab a chair and they are off. Now when we get 100 reserved seats like for this night. There will be a lot of tables. People get there early and they tend to grab a table and the group builds out from there. I recommend that the new people join that group but a lot will grab an empty table away from everyone else. That is fine but I think they then expect everyone to say hey, let's go talk to that person, they are sitting at our tables lol. People have to remember. This is an open to the public venue. It's not a POF exclusive night. We might have 100 give or take members how but that is only a part of the crowd. Your not limited to meeting and socializing with POF members. You can meet and socialize with anyone in the joint. I have always had a good time, but then again I think the good time boils down to the company more then the location.

I went to the doctor today... he says I am claustrophobic and allergic to dance cages. So your chance of getting and seeing Gummi dance in the cage is next to none. Actually in all my visits to FT, I have only been in the cage once. And that must tell you something about the person I danced with . My take on dancing... I'm not a big dancer but will dance to certain songs. Want to know which songs? Ask me or get to know me .
 kdbugg
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 1:47:23 PM
Hello justforfun. I don't remember seeing any hot boys around there to dance with. But I did notice some very attractive men!!! I am a shy person but I danced more than I have in a very long time. Had a great time. I don't know of any bad things that have happened there either.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/20/2007 7:40:53 PM
No no no...... and one more thing no LOL. But then again anything can happen.
 dancenightly
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 9:13:35 PM
If any ladies feel scare or uncomfortable with someone,please by all means,see SID,MYSELF,or anyother POF member,I want everyone to be comfortable,but,I'd really would like to see GUMMI in the gage,HEY GUMMI,what is your favorite GAGE SONG??javascript:smilie('')
javascript:smilie('')??
 Charlene0729
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/21/2007 3:37:04 AM

I'm picturing Gummi in the cage by himself
Dancing to Michael Jackson's "Beat It"
I don't know why - but it just seems like that would be a good song
 dancenightly
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 6:16:45 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of FUNKYTOWN,or GET DOWN TONIGHT,by K.C . SUNSHINE,but,that's one of mine favorite songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL FIND A GOOD ONE FOR HIM,THAT'S FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 kdbugg
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 4:08:25 PM
Correct me if I am wrong. But I though he was in total love. Did not look to shy to me!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > KC & Surrounding Areas: LET'S GET FUNKY! January 26th, 2008.