Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Helping the kids out too much      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Helping the kids out too muchPage 1 of 1    
Easier to pay the premiums than to take away the kid's car I guess. I always think about my high school history teacher. She said she couldn't stand it that kids were falling asleep in her class because they were working. When she asked why they worked they said to pay for their car. When asked why they needed the car, it was to get to work. If he could not afford the premiums then he should not have had the car. The first time he lost his car because his insurance went up, you think he might have slowed down?
 Rainsands
Msg: 7
Helping the kids out too much
Posted: 12/19/2007 3:07:33 AM
parents who continue to provide safety nets and coddle their children as they move into young adulthood will reap what they have sown when their adult child :

- informs them that it is a parent's "responsibility" to help their children financially, regardless of age

- "suggests" that it would be nice to get some of their "expected" inheritance now

- moves back home at 25 with no intention of leaving "any time soon"

- "expects" them to babysit the grandchildren 24/7 ~ cause they both "have to" work and "deserve" some time alone away from the kids
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Helping the kids out too much