Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Baby...give me the recipe before you go, pleeease!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alwayslotsafun
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Baby...give me the recipe before you go, pleeease!Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Mine was a pork tenderloin recipe from a former business associate whose mother was from Austria. I don't know what it was, but it had garlic in this sauce and things I couldn't even begin to fathom but wow, what an amazing dish.
 Miss W
Msg: 3
Baby...give me the recipe before you go, pleeease!
Posted: 12/20/2007 1:03:11 PM
Mine made a lethal shrimp scampi that I make to this day. There actually is no recipe. I figured it out on my own and he said that I made it better than he did.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:28:46 PM
Ex Wife is Czech, Made a great goulash among other things, I stopped holding a grudge and we actually get along now and I called and got the recipe.
 MacGyverRI
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/20/2007 5:22:13 PM
I got the last laugh also, she couldn't cook to save her life and I never shared the secret ingredients w/ her or her mom to all my specialties
 Belle Requin
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/22/2007 1:03:46 PM
I told my ex I was going to show him how to make meatloaf (one of his fave dishes). However, he never actually watched. Said it was the beast meatloaf he'd ever had....

Never dated a guy who was a good cook... or even one with a good recipe...
 alwayslotsafun
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2007 1:47:34 AM
I've been checking in on this thread because I honestly thought someone might look at my previous post and say "Hey, I'm from Austria and I know exactly the pork tenderloin recipe you're talking about..." Ahh, no such luck. But I did remember another lost recipe that was nearly preserved -- it was for a desert item called "Peanut Butter Creams". Having thought about it one day, I decided to track it down before it got lost forever (we had made it regularly as kids). I called my mother who said she thought my sister had it. I called my sister only to discover she had discarded the recipe about 1 week earlier. The thing was, it had raw egg in it and she didn't want to make it since she had kids and all (and was concerned about salmonella poisoning). I was so bummed, but I figure it's worth a shot to ask "does anyone remember a peanut butter creams recipe that contained raw egg?" Yeah, that's what I thought... Oh well... I'll keep checking... Or maybe I'll try hypnosis to see if anyone can bring all of the ingredients to the surface...
 alwayslotsafun
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2007 1:40:51 AM
It means the world to me to know that you cared enough to check! Thank you, Naughtical. And who knows, if I get bold enough, I may just start throwing ingredients together to see what sticks...

alwayslotsamess
 Lario
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 3:24:34 PM
Oh yes... I'm not a big fan of potato salad but my ex wife made a "Taragon Potato Salad" that had to set up for a day or overnight or something... Holy smokes that was good. Then I had a girlfriend who made a killer onion cassarole... the ex girlfriend I did call a couple of years back and she was happy to give me the recipie. The ex wife...... yikes !!!
 Chippy2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 3:50:32 PM
Sardine sandwiches, never had them before, thought sardines were for only putting on toast LOL

Took me a while to work out that the best flavour came from wrapping in Foil, dropping in a rusksack and carrying around half a day on a warm day to get the same flavour as my ex`s.

Some tines it just something simple as shoving a bit of Basil in Baked Beans on toast that sticks in my mind, probably because I can cook fairly well.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Baby...give me the recipe before you go, pleeease!